indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jakarta, the Big Durian > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line  

I live in Jakarta, there are some not so nice things too, but the "thing" that bothers me the most are the Ankots and other busses.

Ankots are those minivans that pick up people on the street.

I think that at least half of all the traffic trouble is because of these rats.

They are one of the most anti social people that I know.
When the road is free they drive so slowly only to maybe pick up somebody and earn a couple of roepies more, but when there is a traffic jam, they do about everything illegal to try to overtake, just driving on the wrong side of the road when its free, and then if coming traffic appears, push themselves between 2 waiting cars, but that never works good so the uncoming traffic will jam, they drive over the side walks, they really don’t care at all.
Sometimes one overtakes you with big speed and then brakes like hell in front of you to pick up some guy.
Just stopping, parking on a big intersection is not unusual, 2 next to each other, nice chatting with each other with like 1 km of macet behind them, “ah… what the fuck” they think I don’t give a shit…..

I really do not understand why the police don’t do anything. I think that if it would be the new rule that if they do something wrong the police can take all his money they would think twice before they would do something wrong.

Also the big busses sometimes are not to nice, but the ankots are the worst.

A couple of little changes would change a lot.

For example: not be able to stop more then 10 seconds if the road is free would already help a lot.

But why not make a system like in Holland that they can only stop at special bus stations, the lazy basterds here maybe have to walk 500 meter…… but it would change a lot.

And not long ago something happened that reached my limit of accept ion…..
My girlfriend called me and said to avoid a certain part of Jakarta because…. And listen good…..THE ANKOT DRIVERS HAD A PROTEST DEMONSTRATION AND BLOCKED THE TRAFFIC TO BE HEARD

Toen brak mijn klomp, my god, they have a protest demonstration the whole fucking year, they block the traffic continuously, and then to make it even worse on purpose?...
No, that was to much those anti social idiots.

If I will fight in Jakarta it will be with one of those drivers one day……..

So….. that is out…..

Greetz

HorasBatak
User
User icon of HorasBatak
spacer line

Maybe those Ankot drivers share the same DNA with the, taxi drivers/ Pizza couriers, in Hollland.

Emoticon: Clown Emoticon: Clown Emoticon: Clown Emoticon: Clown Emoticon: Clown Emoticon: Clown

Kepala botak tapi dengan otak

Veer01
User
User icon of Veer01
spacer line

Is this the same as the dangerous driving Bajai?A lot even don't have proper lights in the rain and darkness.But here in Holland we also have problem with reckless drivers.Every day I see people overtaking and cutting off other drivers.Today i took the road to Den Bosch and to Amsterdam and again saw a lot of reckless driving,also truckers who think they are big so can do anything. Emoticon: Frustrated

spacer line  

Horasbatak, taxi drivers/pizza couriers in Holland maybe not very nice, but is nothing compared to the drivers in those fucking Ankots here..........

Bajai's are also not nice but very often they simply cant drive faster. and they are small, easy to get around.......

No, The Ankots are the worst, trust me......

Greetz

spacer line  

Relax dutchguy........
That is Jakarta, "survival of the fittest" kind of place Emoticon: Smile Emoticon: Smile

Anyway, I also share the road with those drunken assholes here in New England. Who though the words "STOP" and "YIELD" are totally foreign words which are used only by the Aliens.

Cheers for you and just be careful while you are on the street of Jkt.

Maple-leafs

spacer line  

Maple leafs, don't worry, I'm pretty relaxed. I love to live in Jakarta I stated that in an earlier topic in dutch but of course there are always some issues that are pretty irritating
I know Jakarta is a place of survival of the fittest but in this case it doesn’t apply as the police don’t look at all at the mistakes of those ankots, but if you yourself make a small mistake, they are waiting with there big smile and open hand to receive money.

“Anyway, I also share the road with those drunken assholes here in New England. Who though the words "STOP" and "YIELD" are totally foreign words which are used only by the Aliens.”

This of course is annoying, but you only have to watch out what they are doing. Because of the behavior of those ankots it will take me at least half hour longer to come back home from work every day on a 1 hour trip…. And that’s REALLY annoying.

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

On 20-07-2007 12:51 dutchguy1000 wrote:
I think that at least half of all the traffic trouble is because of these rats.

They are one of the most anti social people that I know.

I agree 500% with u. According to me they are the biggest bastards in the country... not only in Jakarta but also in other cities. Just shoot them off like rats because these drivers aren't worth to be called human beings. Why?? Like Dutchguy already wrote: they don't care about any other users of the roads. Only think about themselves. So why should somebody care of these rats?

But eventually this is the problem with the whole country. That's why Indonesia was nominated as one of the most impolite countries of the world: just because mostly nobody cares about somebody else (apart from the own "group", and then still when there's something to get). They just don't care.

So, the behaviour of these drivers are just a mirror of the attitude of the nation.

madrotter
User
User icon of madrotter
spacer line

tell me about it!!! bandung is the same, all motor accidents i've been in was because of these idiots and usually the pigs stand close and don't do shit about it, i've always wondered, is that because they get paid or because they're scared? or both? all i know is if one of these tikus angkot is in trouble there are 500 of them in less then 5 minutes. i hate these bastards and cuss them out every damn day, just last week i had an accident because of one i got out ok but the guy driving behind me was not so lucky and made a really bad fall, while i'm busy helping this guy to get back on his feet this angkot asshole is driving by with that typical arrogant 1000 yard stare that they always deploy in situations like that... WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

andre
User
spacer line

We ever had a angkot strike in south-Bandung, even though the public transportation was taken over by horse-and-carriage, the traffic flow greatly greatly improved. Unfortunately, the strike only lasted two days.

By the way, another major cause of traffic jams are those traffic handlers (polisi cepe). They have a lot to gain from a traffic jam, so they cause them on purpose Emoticon: Angry (so they can tax the angkot drivers)

Nidji
User
User icon of Nidji
spacer line

I've had fine experiences with the Angkutan in Bandung; just wait on the streets and you'll be on board within few minutes or even seconds Emoticon: Wink

When I'm in Bandung, I always travel with Angkots... I think it's a fun experience and I assume there's a lot of pressure on the drivers. They have to rent the minivans and pick up many customers to break even and gain some cash for themselves.

It's really like a race... you can hear the drivers curse each other sometimes. It looks like the are applying different strategies and tactics to defeat each other. For example; the driver suddenly pull over and wait... after a minute he starts the car a starts driving like crazy!! Very dangerous.

When you're in the centre, these Angkots are really stuffed with 15+ people... that's not very confortable.

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

There are too many angkots. That's because of corruption. The owners have to get a license and these are limited. But with an extra amount of money there's suddenly a new licence. So where these vehicles are limited to 150 pieces, one can easily count 500 of them. That makes it hard to earn some money. And who are mostly the owners of these angkots?? Right: government officials, police and army.
Then these angkot drivers pay a monthly fee to the police so that the police doesn't bother them anymore. That's why the police isn't doing anything about the traffic problems these drivers cause.
That's Indahnesia my dear.

spacer line  

I know, still fucking annoying.....

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

I know, but there isn't much you can do about it. The worst is Bandung. If they only could change the way of transportation.
A few weeks ago I was on a sunday for 3 hours stucked in a traffic jam directing Ciwidey, caused by the angkots who made a one road direction/way into a 4. Ofcourse completely stucked by these silly drivers who actually caused themselves a loss of money because they were also stucked in the traffic jam (caused by themselves) and couldn't pick up any passengers.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

51,421,991 topic views - 223,936 posts - 13,518 topics - 16,742 members - last post @ 23-11-2017 15:38 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

92,472,449 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com