indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > I'm looking for ... > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

fred uk
User
spacer line

I'm intending to live in Indonesia long term and wish to have internet.
I'll be in wonosobo, central java and so far I have only found very slow connection speeds. I understand that indosat have some sort of portable dish system. Anyone out there can fill me in please?

fred uk
User
spacer line

That or any other way to get internet at a reasonable speed.
I also understand there are usb devices available but don't know if there is any coverage in rural areas.

Anyone help please ?

fred uk
User
spacer line

Just in case anyone is interested I now have indosat unlimited that allows me 2gb download/month at 56 k speeds here but much faster in cities where broadband is available.

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

Indosat is nice, I use it here as well.. Yesterday evening there was some trouble. This morning I went to the office to check it out and they reset my account so I could log on to the network again. Nice service... and that was only after I changed my account to a much cheaper one Emoticon: Shiny

HansvdB
User
User icon of HansvdB
spacer line

On 07-11-2008 04:35 Yerun wrote:
Yesterday evening there was some trouble.

Same here. I think there was a problem with the invoicing. What's the `much cheaper account' like?
BTW, an app for iPhone/iPod touch we discussed recently, is now selling for USD 0.99, and has been number 1 on the favourites list for the last two days. A missed chance...

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

Hans,

The cheaper account has a maximum speed of 1.2 Mbps, instead of 3.6 Mbps, but in Jogja it can only reach 1.2 Mbsp anyway, so I 'downgraded' to that one; 350.000+10% with the same amount of data transfer.

When my power is back on I will send you a scan of the flyer I got this morning.

Missed chance? Ooh well, life is about choices, isn't it?

HansvdB
User
User icon of HansvdB
spacer line

On 07-11-2008 09:48 Yerun wrote:
When my power is back on I will send you a scan of the flyer I got this morning.
Missed chance? Ooh well, life is about choices, isn't it?

TIA for the flyer, Yerun. I had a look at Indosat's website, and I'm afraid it doesn't cover Wonosobo.

About choices? Yes, but some compilers of the more popular apps for the iPhone make thousands of dollars. A day. Every day...

fred uk
User
spacer line

True that Wonosobo has no fast coverage but to be honest after a year without I'll be happy at 56k for the moment.
So off I trotted he the computer fair in Yogya last week and came home with a nice vodofone modem and a sim card all set up.
I'm happy for the moment

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

77,027,794 topic views - 235,014 posts - 13,697 topics - 25,728 members - last post @ 18-11-2019 23:38 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

125,844,820 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com