indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > In the news > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line  

Borobudur tample isn't included 7 world wonder anymore. That's announcement became from Lisabon, Portugal, Saturday (7/7) night. From polling more than 100 million voter, There is elected Taj Mahal (India), Pink Petra ruin (Yordania) and Kristus statue in Rio de Janeiro. It was also elected Machu Picchu Inka ruin (Peru) and old city of Mayan or Chichen Itza (Meksiko). Still hold out, Giant wall (China) and Roma Coliseum.

Feel free to hear & download my songs : www.reverbnation.com/suckme

krukcor
User
User icon of krukcor
spacer line

If all the inhabitants of Indonesia joint the voters, then probably the Borobudur was still on the list.
Besides, the way (non-Buddhist) Indonesians are treating this Buddhist "world wonder", is of huge disgrace.

belgianguy
User
User icon of belgianguy
spacer line

yes it's because the indonesians didn't join the voting, or they would have been included (considering the population)...I saw a newsitem about jordania, there more then a million people voted in the last few days before the deadline, there had been a big national campaign, as a result, petra is on the list (and that will bring extra tourists, no doubt about it)

HansvdB
User
User icon of HansvdB
spacer line

I don't think Borobudur was ever included in the Seven World Wonders anyway. It's a shame, but I can't help it. I don't know who could join the voting, but the result of the voting for the best Dutch book ever was a disgrace as well.

andre
User
spacer line

It's a big shame Borobudur was not included... Personally I thought Suharto's non-existent fortune would make it to the list Emoticon: Smile Emoticon: Party!

Tandy
User
spacer line

Indonesian Government did not care about this. Actually if they made a campaign to get voting then Borobudur still remain as Seven World Wonder. Mostly Indonesian did not aware and did not know about this. So sad and it is really a shame.

dirgantara
User
spacer line

Borobudur is not included on the list because of the Indonesian culture.
The problem of many Indonesians is the ability to communicate and to promote. Not between each other but between Indonesians and non-Indonesians.
And the fact that Borobudur is not included on the list of 7 world wonders reflects the neglectance of the Indonesians. But also the fact that competition and the defence of Indonesian interests is not being seen as important.

A shame but who is to be blamed!!!!!! Emoticon: Frustrated Emoticon: Yawn

For a technocratic Indonesia with foreign investors but not foreign owned Indonesian companies

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

79,760,674 topic views - 236,721 posts - 13,710 topics - 28,492 members - last post @ 24-02-2020 11:23 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

130,121,984 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com