indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > In the news > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (3 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line  

www.metrotvnews.com/indonesiat(...)ng/berita.asp?id=266

President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono is threatening to bar European air carriers from Indonesian airspace as the European Union's ban on Indonesian airlines takes effect.

Indonesia wants discussions to avert an air war, Transportation Minister Yusman Syafii Jamal said on behalf of Yudhoyono. But if the EU won't talk, Indonesia may also advise its citizens not to fly European carriers, Jamal added.

The International Civil Aviation Association says it is prepared to mediate talks. On Wednesday, Indonesia signed on with the International Air Transport Association to help carriers meet global safety standards.

No Indonesian airlines currently serve Europe. But the EU is also warning citizens not to fly Indonesian air carriers to any destination, which is likely to discourage tourism. The United States issued a similar warning in April.

Feel free to hear & download my songs : www.reverbnation.com/suckme

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

Typical Indonesian long toes (or short match). When does the government grow up??
Is SBY becoming the equivalent of the childish minister Yusril Mahendra?

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

What about reciprocal principle ?

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

Come on Sid, this is not a question of reciprocal principle.
Does KLM, Lufthansa, British Airways, etc. also don't match the requirements of safety?
It's about international safety regulations which - obviously - Indonesian companies don't fulfil (about which I personally don't care).
So it would - again - be a prove of the childish attitude of the Indonesian government/officials if they would do it. They make themselves ridiculous. It's not an advantage for the (negative) opinion a lot of foreigners already do have about Indonesia.

belgianguy
User
User icon of belgianguy
spacer line

the only thing that indonesia should be concerned with now, is how to improve the safety standard of their airlines...after a long list of accidents or near-accidents it is obvious that there is a safety-issue...threatening with retaliation won't help matters, on the contrary...anyways how are they gonna reach their ambitious tourist-target this year if they gonna ban european airlines from flying to indonesia? truly a short-sighted reaction!

divodurum
User
User icon of divodurum
spacer line

What can you do if you already received so much .... ,in advance, to allow those companies to fly. This is going on and on and on for so many years but nothing changes. Why didn't Garuda fly on Amsterdam?
When they were doing(?) their own maintenance, the problems really started.

Wayang Golek: Petruk

spacer line  

the only thing that indonesia should be concerned with now, is how to improve the safety standard of their airlines...

Indonesian Airlines was on grow up. That's why the tickets is so cheap than give priority to their safety standard. In the past the people who used plane transportation are "Orang-orang Kaya/Bergaji Gede", the ticket was expensive. It's about economic factor.

Feel free to hear & download my songs : www.reverbnation.com/suckme

kiwimave
User
User icon of kiwimave
spacer line

On 06-07-2007 19:15 sidia wrote:
What about reciprocal principle ?

Its not a Christian way to reciprocate om Sid. We are tought that if someone punches your cheek, you have to turn the other cheek. Christian values Emoticon: Wink Sounds soft but with those values we're probably the most advanced society on this planet Emoticon: Party!

Gracias. Sama sama

heliumhead
User
spacer line

I 100% agree with belgian guy, this president is so short sighted, Mr. President NO TOURIST wants to come here any more for all the obvious reasons, mentioned here already so many times. They rather go to China now or Malaysia where they can have a nice and quiet holiday without the chance to be blown up. Oh but I forgot, Indonesia doesn't need tourism since this country will be one of the 5 economic superpowers within 10 years? Emoticon: Stupid If I was president I would start to try and get all the billions of dollars back from corrupt politicians and fomer presidents, right Suharto family?? Never mind all your people without food and proper education. This is truly a country where there is absolutely NO moral among people with power and/ or money.

Tandy
User
spacer line

Indonesian Government never learning from the faulth/ failed. Always repeat the same fool and close their eyes for each unproper system. Only thinking how to collect money for their wallet.

dirgantara
User
spacer line

The actions proposed by president Yudhoyono are positive. But banning European airlines will not work. Delays and comprehensive safety checks should be proposed. European interests in natural resources should also be checked on environmental damage, administrative procedures.
Indonesia can actually impose administrative delays on European ship and aircraft. I believe that ships that pass-by the Malacca strait should face additional controls by the Indonesian Navy. The flights operated by European airlines should be delayed at Soekarno-Hatta airport and face extensive safety checks.
European companies who are active in natural resources project should also face additional checks and taxes. Especially the palmoil price should be increased.
A goverment studygroup should study how European interests can be hit with the existing controls.

As Australia, Japan and South Korea did safety controls on Garuda aircaft without seeing any abnormalities. I truly believe that the ban imposed by the European Commission is based on misinformation. This shows the need to establish Asian media in Europe.

For a technocratic Indonesia with foreign investors but not foreign owned Indonesian companies

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

86,844,933 topic views - 240,511 posts - 13,736 topics - 34,026 members - last post @ 30-11-2020 12:08 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

141,558,632 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com