indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > In the news > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (4 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

BlogBlot
User
spacer line

EU bans flights by Indonesian airlines
All airlines that have their base in Indonesia will be banned from flying to the European Union because of safety concerns. This information has been released by the European Commission. "Once more, the EU blacklist will prove to be an essential tool not only to prevent unsafe airlines from flying to Europe and to inform passengers traveling worldwide but also to make sure that airlines and civil aviation authorities take appropriate actions to improve safety," said Jacques Barrot, commission vice president in charge of transport.
Continue reading , click the title

indahs
User
User icon of indahs
spacer line

Sincerely I have mix feelings about this type of banning. In one side, it is good to publish such preventive measure by any countries to protect citizens. Meanwhile in otherside, it sounds lousy and show off the powerful EU in deciding which airlines are allowed to fly in its jurisdiction air area.

I am just wondering how come Indonesia or any developing poor countries has never published any banning towards any EU agricultural products that were subsidized by EU countries members governments...

History does have tendency to repeat itself, it only costs more. (Verleyen)

Freeze
User
spacer line

"I am just wondering how come Indonesia or any developing poor countries has never published any banning towards any EU agricultural products that were subsidized by EU countries members governments... "

Some people within 2/3th world countries governments are making mucho uang by that trade, plus in some developing countries cheap food is what keeps the city population satisfied and peacefull...
Fact is that many developing countries just don't have the technical/financial capacity to produce it by themselfs because this is not something one can change overnight. Big changes like this need a thorough masterplan which is directed by a powerfull and efficient government which knows what its doing.

?Why is Indonesia importing rice from other Asian countries?
It has good soils, plenty of irrigation and alot of farmers although smallscale....the Indo rice yield/ha is just not yet optimized..
Basically my opinion on this is that the farmers are restricted in many ways and don't have a thorough technical understanding of crop production. The government should be a stronger mitra in the development of modern production systems and provide farmer education by their extension services. Take a look at the Thai....they do much better!!

Cheers,
Btw.. bit offtopic but I couldnt help myself..

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

On 02-07-2007 04:29 Freeze wrote:

Basically my opinion on this is that the farmers are restricted in many ways and dont have a thorough technical understanding of crop production.

Only one of the aspects.
The main reason is the industrialisation and urbanisation.
It is much easier to earn money in the cities.
No one will do the farmersjobs again , hard working from 6.00 to 18.00 and for nothing .(20-30.000 rupia a day ??).
It is the same problem as Europe , thats why the EU Governments give more and more money to the European (or US) farmers.

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

Freeze
User
spacer line

But the biggest one still; urbanisation and industrialisation have little to do with boosting yield per hectare which generally has a very weak correlation with labour input... Farmers still need to harvest the same crop but more is left after threshing a rice or other crop with good cultivation practices..
The rice price is actually very high at the moment but farmers can earn much more with vegetable crops on smallscale farms, however these crops require higher financial and technical input, resources most farmers lack.

I can tell from my experience in the last few months that a good farmer can make much more then that 20-30.000 a day u mention. And next to that id figure the Thai might have similar movements in their general population, still they perform much better because they are well managed and supported by the government.

Ur right, E.U. subsidies are partly installed to keep people in the countryside although this has failed for a large part (France, Midwest in the US). Farms just have become mechanized to an extent that little human interference is needed. It aint hard work to be a farmer in many of todays settings.
The main issue of these subsidies is that like sugar, grains and other important foodstuffs are a strategic product in which a nation/union should be selfsufficient to some extent. Let's say the E.U. gets all or most sugar from Brazil; Brazil will then have 'a stick to beat the E.U.-dog' when needed to...

"More and more money" is a product of dogmatic thinking and if u would know what is going on in Europe, u would know that the agricultural subsidie reforments are quite drastic...

Cheers,

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

90,122,038 topic views - 241,252 posts - 13,739 topics - 34,870 members - last post @ 15-04-2021 12:21 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2021
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

146,822,485 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com