indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

risc6k
User
spacer line

Hi all,

I'm wondering anyone here is married to a US resident (green card holder) or a US citizen (passport holder) and is willing to share what is the process like to be sponsored by your US spouse.

Here is my story.. i am a green card holder, male living in US and wanting to marry this great girl in jakarta I've known for about 1.5year now. I am going to be visiting her for the first time soon. I just like to find out what options I have to bring her over here.. hope all goes well and we do decide to get married..sometime early next year. Is there something I should do to expedite the process while I'm in jakarta.

Any and all help will be much appreciated.

Thanks all.
please reply here to email if you wan to at risc6kRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.yahoo.com

risc6k
User
spacer line

Come on folks..

52 people looked at my post in a day but no single reply.. Emoticon: Yawn

atleast wish me good luck Emoticon: Shiny

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

Goodluck from Holland and I wish all your dreams will become true.

Albert

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

risc6k
User
spacer line

merci. thank you sir. Emoticon: Shiny

zainm
User
spacer line

Hi,
I am a USA green card holder.
Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to bring the girl to the USA.
Green card holder CANNOT Sponsor a spouse to live and work in the USA. Only citizens can. After living in the USA for 5 years, you can apply for citizenship and then, you can sponsor the girl via marriage.
My advise: the girl can stay as a tourist in the USA for 6 months, then go back to Indo, then come back to the USA. Or have the girl study English/college as a student. That's what my friends do, either become students or tourist.

And citizens can only sponsor parents and kids below 21 for green cards. Citizens cannot sponsor siblings (theoretically, it can be done. Waiting period is about 15-20 years).

This might sound arrogant, but I think the USA is the most difficult country to get green card/ sponsorship. Maybe they do it since they have Green card lottery (so they allow lottery, but make it dificult in other areas to get Green card)

www.insidejakarta.com

zainm
User
spacer line

oh yeah, citizens can sponsor spouse, too. In case I wasn't clear Emoticon: Yes!

risc6k
User
spacer line

merci. Thanks zainm...

yes I guess b1 or f1 is our best shot until I'm able to sponsor her next year..
Emoticon: Cry

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

Dear US PR,

I just read your msg today...you can invite your GF to the United States using Fiance visa ...but you have to marry her within 90 days or they will deport her. If you still have doubt in marrying her..you can sponsor her using Tourist visa, but you have to have enough evidence that she is visiting and going back soon when the visa is expired...

Let me know if you need further assistance. Shoot me an email to: asiaqt1Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.yahoo.com

I live in the US but enjoying my vacation in Indonesia now.... so far so good!!!

Rgds,
Desi Clark

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

zainm
User
spacer line

Desi,
you can sponsor fiance visa if you are a USA Citizen.
Non USA citizen cannot sponsor any type of visa. Hence, a green card holder cannot sponsor anyone.

zainm
User
spacer line

Oh, here is one I found on the Internet.
Green card holder is just entitled to working and living in the USA, entering the USA at anytime. Other than that, benefits are very little.

What are the requirements for a fiancee visa?

1. You must be a U.S. citizen.
2. You have met your fiancee in person within the previous two years.*
3. Both you and your fiancee are legally free to marry.
4. You meet certain minimum income requirements.*
5. Your fiancee does not have a criminal record.
6. Your fiancee has not violated certain U.S. immigration laws.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

84,229,403 topic views - 240,037 posts - 13,725 topics - 32,705 members - last post @ 12-08-2020 17:40 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

137,394,073 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com