indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

Source Jakarta Post 26 june 2004:
[...]
The existing citizenship Law No. 62/1958 states that foreigners can apply for Indonesian citizenship if they have been living in the country for a consecutive period of at least five years, or 10 years not consecutively.
Legislators, however, recently submitted a draft revision of the citizenship law. The draft, among other things, increases the mandatory length of stay to 15 years.
Besides which, the foreigner must speak Bahasa Indonesia fluently and have sufficient knowledge of Indonesia's Constitution and history.
The foreigner must not have committed any crime that is punishable with a minimum of one year in prison in Indonesia. Most importantly, they must have a permanent job and income.
The draft revision also suggests that the application be submitted to the President via the justice minister, while the existing citizenship law says it is enough to submit the application to the minister via a district court.
In an attempt to prevent dual citizenship, the draft revision includes new regulations.
It states that an infant whose father is a foreign citizen and mother is an Indonesian can obtain Indonesian citizenship if it is the wish of their parents. This citizenship, however, must not cause dual citizenship.
A child born overseas to an Indonesian couple can be an Indonesian citizen at the request of their parents. A request for citizenship must be submitted to the Indonesian embassy no later than three months after the child's birth, the draft revision says.
A foreign child aged below 21 and unmarried, who is adopted by an Indonesian, will be eligible for Indonesian citizenship if the process does not cause dual citizenship.
An Indonesian woman can lose her citizenship if she marries a foreigner whose country applies a law that obliges a woman to follow the citizenship of her husband.

Indonesian citizenship is given to:

1. A child born of the marriage of an Indonesian couple;

2. A child born of the marriage of an Indonesian man and foreign woman -- the status of which does not cause dual citizenship;

3. A child born of the marriage of a foreign man and Indonesian woman, both of whom request Indonesian citizenship for their child -- the status of which does not cause dual citizenship;
4. A child born to an unmarried Indonesian woman, the status of which does not cause dual citizenship;
5. A child born in Indonesian territory that is not provided with citizenship by his or her parents;
6. A child born in Indonesian territory whose parents are unknown;
7. A child born in Indonesian territory whose parents have no citizenship.

Source: Draft revision of citizenship law No. 62/1958

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Very strict regulations, considdering that the Netherlands gives out Dutch citizenship after a period of 5 years (now) with knowlegde of the Dutch language and history as well. But well, what else is new in a country where they want to keep out all foreigners for better or worse?

I always ask myself what would happen when all foreigners left the country tomorrow, tourists as well as employees and people who just live there. I think the economy would collapse withina few hours, the same as would happen in other countries of the world, with exception of Korea Utara maybe.

MIVANA226
User
spacer line

hmmm very interesting, thank you for posting this info Emoticon: Smile

Ivana Mitchell

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

I agree if all the foreigners if leave the country , the economy would collapse but dont forget the foreigners here would not do so because they get huge profits and amazing income as well .THATS WHY THEY R STAYING HERE, If not , I bet they would have left already ...

Rgds
Aliakbar

www Jakarta through the Eyes of an Expat

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 30-06-2004 07:08 aliakbar wrote:
I agree if all the foreigners if leave the country , the economy would collapse but dont forget the foreigners here would not do so because they get huge profits and amazing income as well .THATS WHY THEY R STAYING HERE, If not , I bet they would have left already ...

Rgds
Aliakbar

hmm. if I could only earn my living with my websites, I would be leaving Holland to give it a try in Indonesia. Not earning millions (yet) though.

Yerun

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

For those who think they can just move to Indonesia and get a working visa and start their own business?

It cost me and my wife 4 - 5.000 Usd to get all the needed visa's and for her company permission to employ a foreigner, etc.

After that, a working visa will cost a 100usd/month all need to be payed at the beginnig of the year.

Indonesian citizenship is given to:
3. A child born of the marriage of a foreign man and Indonesian woman, both of whom request Indonesian citizenship for their child -- the status of which does not cause dual citizenship;

For as far as I know, such a child has the right to stay in Indonesia until it is 18 and after that it will need a visa. Unless it wishes to become a Indonesian citizen.

As long as there exist Visa's,why should you as a foreigner willing to have a Indonesian citizensship. If he/she ever wants to go back to a western country (holliday/family) or its own. He/she will need to apply for a visa.

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

hmmmm ... shall we celebrate???

VIVA Indo-MC.. ha ha ha

Desi Clark

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

Tja viva Indo-MC and their own mahal business, start up.
Who ever said Indonesia is not an expensive country? Emoticon: Confused

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

70,584,192 topic views - 231,677 posts - 13,666 topics - 21,330 members - last post @ 21-04-2019 08:39 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

116,913,046 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com