indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Sulawesi > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

junanto
User
spacer line

Hi,

We are a young family with 2 daughters aged 7 and 10. We are planning to travel to Manado/Bunaken in August and intend to stay in that area for a week. Since we are not into diving, it will be mostly beach, snorkelling and jungle trekking (we'd like to spend a day or half day trekking in Tangkoko nature reserve).

So far we've been looking at several accommodations in Bunaken, Siladen, Menado (Santika hotel) and also Pulisan Jungle Beach Resort.

From what we've read on the Internet, Pulisan Jungle Beach Resort seems ideal for us as it is located north of Manado near to Bangka island (for snorkelling) and Tangkoko nature reserve (jungle trekking). However, we'd also love to visit the islands in Bunaken national park.

Does anyone know about Pulisan Jungle Beach Resort? Is it a good resort? Is it worth staying there for 6 nights? Or shall we stay few nights in Bunaken/Siladen and few nights in Pulisan? Does Bunaken has forest worth exploring?

Many thanks in advance.

zitounnif
User
spacer line

Hallo Mr. Junanto.

I'm from Manado and I used to work for one of the diving center in Manado before I moved to Jogjakarta to continue my study.

Pulisan Resort it's OK if you only want to do snorkelling but if you want to do trekking so you have to stay in two resort at least.

The best thing I can suggest you is to stay in Tasik Ria Resort http://www.tasikria.com

It is 45 minutes from the airport and also they have a diving centre http://www.eco-divers.com

This resort also have a beach and also big swimming pool and spa you and family and they also doing high land tour, that's bring you to the some interesting place in Manado.

And for Tangkoko I suggest you to stay in Kungkungan Bay Resort http://www.divekbr.com

It is near Tangkoko Jungle and you can do this trip with them.

I hope this is help. Have a great holiday.

Regards!

Jeanette
User
spacer line

I've been to Pulisan Jungle Beach Resort twice now and intend to go there again. It's a very nice resort with a lovely beach and terrific seagarden just in front of the resort, so you can snorkel your heart out. The food is very tasteful and the staff is friendly and helpful. You have to go for a brisk walk perhaps 20 min. thru "jungle" to get there, but if you like to walk and are able to walk a distance, this resort is the one. They organize trips to Tangkoko nature reserve, so you can spend there a half or even full day. Furthermore you can make trips by boat. You can walk along the beach or inland, you can canoe or just take your leasure. For me, it's the ideal place to be! Bunaken has no jungle. It's mostly for diving people. But very nice to be there a day for swimming and snorkelling of the coast (by boat). I always visit Bunaken for a day when I stay for 1 or 2 days in Manado.Tasik Ria is nice but much more expensive than Pulisan JBR. And in Manado I like to stay in the Hotel Manado. I hope you'll have a nice stay wherever you choose to stay and have a fantastic time in Sulawesi!

junanto
User
spacer line

Thank you Jeanette very much for your information.

Toraja
User
spacer line

Hi Junanto,

Try the service from PT. Emerald Indonesia ( www.go2indo.com ) they can give you a nice rate for your North Sulawesi program and don't forget accommodation via a travel agency is most of the time cheaper then straight at the accommodation!

This brand new travel agency has a Indonesian/Dutch management.

Yours,
Toraja lover

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 22-05-2007 00:07 Toraja wrote:
Hi Junanto,

Try the service from PT. Emerald Indonesia ( www.go2indo.com ) they can give you a nice rate for your North Sulawesi program and dont forget accommodation via a travel agency is most of the time cheaper then straight at the accommodation!

This brand new travel agency has a Indonesian/Dutch management.

Yours,
Toraja lover
And owner of the company Emoticon: Smile It's better that you use your other account for telling people this, beause acting like a 'customer that promotes just a travel agency' is not really the right way in internet.

Thanks

Toraja
User
spacer line

Yes I am the owner and I can give cheap rate, so Jeroen if you ever want to visit Sulawesi, pleace contact me via infoRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.go2indo.com and I will give you a special rate too!

Yours,

Jan O. Staal
PT. Emerald Indonesia tours & travel
Emoticon: Bye bye

PS: About your Tana Toraja Trip photo book, you publish one photo with a snake; this is not a Boa, but a Reticulated Python (Python Reticulatus). I would like to inform you that there are no boa’s living in Asia, but only in Central and South America and some Pacific Islands. The python with this small size is not dangers for people at all! So don’t be afraid for your next jungle trip!

manon
User
User icon of manon
spacer line

Hi,

In my opinion Pulisan is lovely and very naturally. Last summer we went to Pulisan at first my husband was a little bit negative, because of the lack of electricity after 22.00u, luxe, comfort etc etc. But after 24 hours spending there he liked it the most of us all!! It's so pure and natural.!This summer we booked again at the Pulisan for a few days.. At Bunaken, we went to 'Bunaken Village', they have a swimmingpool and it is a very good accommodation especially for kids. Snorkling at Bunaken is very lovely. At some moment I swim just above a big turtle! I'll never forget that moment! I hope you will enjoy your holidays! Explore and Experience!!
Bye Bye Manon Emoticon: Party! Emoticon: Bye bye Emoticon: Party! Emoticon: Bye bye Emoticon: Party! Emoticon: Bye bye

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

59,676,338 topic views - 227,308 posts - 13,610 topics - 18,990 members - last post @ 20-07-2018 18:43 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2018
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

102,869,217 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com