indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Sumatera > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Elessar
User
spacer line

Hello,

I'm planning to visit Danau Toba (Tuk Tuk) next year, so I was wondering if any of you have ever visited there and, if so, if you could give me some information about good guesthouses, activities, etc. Any bit of information is welcome!

Peter

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Peter,
There are so many places to choose from in Danau Toba. In the past I have stayed at Anju's and last Sept 2006 I stayed at Romlan which was really delightful.
Check out my photos of Danau Toba at www.webshots.com/user/ppamela2006
Pamela

Elessar
User
spacer line

Looks beautiful! Thanks.

HorasBatak
User
User icon of HorasBatak
spacer line

On 05-05-2007 00:40 Elessar wrote:
Hello,

Im planning to visit Danau Toba (Tuk Tuk) next year, so I was wondering if any of you have ever visited there and, if so, if you could give me some information about good guesthouses, activities, etc. Any bit of information is welcome!

Peter

I think you better shop around a bit, meaning.... look at the quality of the rooms (beds and bathroom) and not only the prices.
The prices of the guesthouses are so low.
If you need transport from Medan to Prapat and/or a stayover at Prapat maybe you can contact me. My sister in Law works at the Inna Prapat Hotel and has contacts. As usual in Indonesia with good contacts and family you can allways can get a discount Emoticon: Smile for transport and Hotels.

Kepala botak tapi dengan otak

spacer line  

Agree with horasbatak, as nowdays the tourists(foreigner) who comes to Samosir/toba lake seemed to be decrease lately. So, the opportunity to see the typical of accomodation that should be suitable for your stay much to choice. The price also seemed to be more cheaper nowdays. Carolina cottages looks a kinda worthy to try with its private beach and private bungalow for less than 100.000 rupiahs(if you come in low season).

pPamela
User
spacer line

From my experience you can get the most wonderful accomodation on Samorsir Island Lake Toba for around the 25,000 rupiah level. There are up to 60 guesthouses there and competition is very strong. In 2005 I paid 35,000 for my room and another room for my other Indonesian friends who had travelled with me to Lake Toba.
Last year in September I only paid 30,000 for a very western style room with my own western bathroom with hot water at Romlan.
Then I wanted to stay in one of the Batak houses at Romlan so swapped with someone whom wanted hot water and then I only paid 25,000.
Pamela.

mheugten
User
spacer line

I visit Lake Toba every year and always stay at Tuk Tuk Timbul, located on its own small peninsula between Tuk Tuk and Ambarita. It is a very beautiful and quiet spot. It is run by a Dutch woman who is married to an Indonesian. She speaks English very well. Cottages range in price from 15,000 to 50,000, depending on luxury, western/batak style etc.
Nice place for swimming, great variety of good food. Good starting place for climbing the mountain, visiting the hot springs in Pangururan, going to the saturday market in Parapat. Nearby lives Joe, who speaks English and is a good guide. He also has a motorcycle for rent (70,000 a day)

pPamela
User
spacer line

Mheugten,
Thanks for your suggestion and all the other great information.
Pamela.

mheugten
User
spacer line

Also check out my photo's from Lake Tobe on
http://community.webshots.com/user/mheugten

pPamela
User
spacer line

Wow, what special photos-just loved looking at the majority of them. Love the ones of family you seem very close too- made me feel very homesick for Indonesia tonight here in Sydney.
Tuk Tuk Timbul looks such a beautiful area and probably more my type of place than where I have stayed in the past.
Will definitely add it to my 'must visit' places next time I am down that way and will keep Joe in mind as a guide to take me around on the back of his motorbike.
Do you have a photo of Joe? I didn't get to see every single photo- just let me know if there is one of him there.
If not, if you have one, could you put one up on webshots?
Pamela.

mheugten
User
spacer line

Hi Pamela,
Yes there are a few photos of Joe in the album of 2007. Joe is married and has six children. His wife Uli is also very kind. They own a small shop and run a restaurant which you should try sometime: it is delicious (make an appointment one day before if you want to have meat or fresh fish).
Maria

pPamela
User
spacer line

Maria,
Thanks for the information once again.
Does Joe have a contact no. ie mobile phone for sms?
If so, I would be very interested to have it.
If you do not wish to put it up here, then email me at pamelajoyfugeRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.hotmail.com
I spend hours on the internet helping travellers on every travel forum possible and love to have names of worthy contacts for my many enquiries I get.
In 7 yrs I have had over 3,000 private emails enquiring about information on Indonesia.
Pamela.

mheugten
User
spacer line

Pamela,

I will email you the contact no. for Joe and Tuk Tuk Timbul cottages.

The cottages at Tuk Tuk Timbul can also be reached by email:
tuk.tuk.timbulRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.gmail.com

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

85,100,761 topic views - 240,132 posts - 13,728 topics - 33,218 members - last post @ 19-09-2020 21:36 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

138,804,195 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com