indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (3 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

mashil
User
User icon of mashil
spacer line

When I was walking in the centre of Amsterdam, I saw a shop were they sold a small cotton symbool of Indonesia, I quess its called the pancasila ( the eagle with the 5 symbols)
I was just happy to see something from Indonesia and I bought it.
The same day I decided to buy a red white truckers cap ( which is a trend now in Holland) Then I sewd the symbol on my cap.
I was happy with my cap and felt like a pure nationalist. Emoticon: Wink
But I was na´ve. Many time people looked angry to me and one person warned me by telling me that I would get in trouble by wearing this cap.
Can anybody tell me why?
( right now I know the answer already but i am curieus for your answers)
The person with the good answer will win a price or something. He or she will be called the history master. Emoticon: I love it

- Let us live simply so that others may simply live -

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Where did you wear the hat?

Hmm.. I can imagine some people look strange to it, the Garuda Emas, the bird you bought with the pancasila on it's belly and the national slogan is something which represents the unity of the country with all it's people, religion and such. However, a group of people in Indonesia wants to adopt shariah laws, in which there is no place for pancasila anymore. Maybe this is something of a hint, I'm not sure if it has anything to do with your merah-putih hat.

In Holland, even the Dutch flag on a jacket is seen as provocation to foreigners and a symbol of racism.. strange as it is this doesn't go for Turkish flags on jackets in Holland. Emoticon: Stupid

mashil
User
User icon of mashil
spacer line

I wear my cap just in the centre of Amsterdam,

Hint: two special groups were looking not too happy with my cap.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Orang Maluku? RMS leden die denken vanuit Nederland nog altijd een vrij en onafhankelijk Zuid-Molukse staat te kunnen stichten misschien?

mashil
User
User icon of mashil
spacer line

Orang Maluku is right and the second group is the third generation, daerah ketiga. ( like me Emoticon: Smile )

bagusdewe
User
spacer line

On 23-06-2004 23:26 Hilmar wrote:
Orang Maluku is right and the second group is the third generation, daerah ketiga. ( like me Emoticon: Smile )

>I think they saw your hat has this familiar url" http://www.indahnesia.com " by accident.....
>This particular "brand" can be red in somebody's hat if he/she joins this forum........
>So ...... beware!!!!!!
>He He He.....

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

One answer: Feyenoord in Amsterdam can bring you in trouble. They are very nationalistic in Amsterdam

mashil
User
User icon of mashil
spacer line

Sorry, wrong answer. ..
We are not nationalistic, we just love our city and realize that it is so beautiful because of all the different cultures living here together.
If you mean the Ajax hologans.......that has noting to do with soccer and Amsterdam at all, they're just some stupid and frustrated people.
Hill Emoticon: Shiny

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

86,765,161 topic views - 240,493 posts - 13,734 topics - 34,011 members - last post @ 25-11-2020 16:35 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

141,438,774 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com