indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jakarta, the Big Durian > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

what can be a solution to these problems?

http://www.cometojakarta.com/June23.html

Rgds
Aliakbar
www.cometojakarta.com

www Jakarta through the Eyes of an Expat

Confy
User
User icon of Confy
spacer line

well i think its a good idea to replace poluting vehicles for cleaner ones.. but afaik those drivers dont earn that much so the +- 29rp million they've to pay is a bit much i guess

spacer line  

bajaj, the funky, noisy, speedy vehicle... As a native Jakartanese (my own term to call people who were born and raised and in Jakarta and love the city awfully much Emoticon: Shiny ), I think bajaj is the symbol of DKI Jakarta. Where else can you find such a risk-taking vehicle where you can practice the art of bargaining?

It is ridiculous to expect each bajaj driver/ owner to come up with such a tremendous amount of money if they want to stay in business(though replaced by "kancil" Emoticon: Wink , coz for the love of God, what do they have to do to obtain that money? sell their kidneys??
I doubt if they can even make ends meet out of their daily income and this foolish rule makes their life even harder... oh please! Emoticon: Eerie

I love bajaj, the orange creature and l realize that it is polluting but to eradicate bajaj alltogether from Jakarta is unthinkable... coz however, it is a part of the city's history. All l'm saying is give bajaj a chance, let them operate in certain areas of jakarta. The city government, in my opinion, must think of a way to help other (ex) bajaj drivers get a better job with better pay... Each of them has a family to feed and support, for God's sake..

l know l'm being emotional.. when it comes to discussing social welfare and the marginal people, it is hard for me to keep my cool. It kills me everytime l realize there are so many poor people out there, my people, and there is so little that l can do for them.

Let's hope there will be win-win solution for this dillemma.
Emoticon:

Slightly older, hopefully wiser, absolutely prettier

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

As usual they pick on the small man. What about all the other traffic. When a bus drives away from a bus stop it looks like night or a solar eclips. Why not remove them also out of the traffic and force them to use cleaner engines?

The Bajaj is maybe poluting but the busses polute more, if you ask me. What about the treath of danger because of busses in traffic.

A Bajaj is easy for not much money to rebuild so it does not make so much noise and air polution. But even that not much money is already to much for those poor drivers who need to make a living of it.

Like Pinta said, it is a part of Jakarta.
Without it Jakarta would be no longer the same.............
Emoticon: I love it

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

I think Kinanti has a major point here. These bajaj-drivers at least try to make a honest living. If you kick them out of business, what else can they do? Off course the bajaj is a polluting monster, but what about all this city buses? If the government of DKI really want to make a difference they should subsidize this new "kancil" , so it will be easier for the bajaj driver to switch.
By the way Kinanti, I was wondering why you call yourself a Jakartanese and not a Betawi? What is in your opinion the difference?

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Diederick,

If you ask me the difference between Betawi and Jakartanese, I would say that an Orang Betawi has been living there for his/her life, as did his/her parents, grandparents and so on. A Jakartan is simply someone that lives in Jakarta, but doesn't have to be born there..

Just my point of view.

Yerun

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

I think you're right Jeroen. Btw did you know that there is a big animosity between two groups of Betawi? One who are aknowledging that Betawi are linked to the Dutch presence here, the other that Betawi are fierce muslims and never accepted Dutch rule!

spacer line  

Thank you for sharing the opinion, guys. And Diederick, actually, l am Betawi. My grandfather is half betawi and half arab, he was born in jakarta and so was l. l have lived in the city for all my life and man, l love it tremendously. l've been to some great cities in the world, but still, wherever l go my heart stays here. Thank you to anybody who loves jakarta. Emoticon: So funny

Richy
User
User icon of Richy
spacer line

What about the re-introduction of the becak and dump the bajaj... (didn't they dump some years ago all those tri-cycles into the sea???)

"Veel mensen hebben een te hoge dunk van wat ze niet zijn, en een te geringe dunk van wat ze wel zijn".

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Maybe they can build a becak-monorail. Solving two problems in one. Emoticon: Red face

spacer line  

Good point, Richy. Now l live in Depok (new resident, l just moved there a month ago) and becaks are everywhere, because there is no bajaj there. While l still lived in Central Jakarta, bajajs were (and they still are) everywhere, no becaks anymore. l remember as a little girl hopping on a becak with my grandma after the routine morning shopping in pasar/traditional market.

Becaks and bajajs by far, in my opinion, are still solution to short-distance trip in fairly economical price.

Long Live, Bajajs and becaks!! Emoticon: Worship

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

On 25-06-2004 18:46 kinanti pinta wrote:
Now l live in Depok (new resident, l just moved there a month ago) and becaks are everywhere, because there is no bajaj there.

Aha, kinanti, then maybe you can answer a burning question i have for a long time (which nobody seems to be able to answer precisely). What does the word Depok means. Until now, i analyzed from different sources, "De Eerste Protestantse Ommelanden Kerk" (because in the 18th century a Dutch landowner, gave his estate to his slaves, who had in turn to promise that they would convert to protestantism).
Second question are you a bagsawan betawi or a non-aristocratic betawi (Al Fatawi Mangkudat or Iwarda?)?

spacer line  

Oom Diederick Emoticon: Smile ,

l truly have no idea where Depok got its name. But l know that there are a lot of Belanda Depok (that's the term to call Depok residents who inherit Dutch blood from their ancestors---so if Yerun happens to stay in my house, he will be one Belanda Depok, too, heheheh)
l promise l'll find out and when l do, l'll share it in this forum.

Second question, aduh, l am majorly surprised that you actually know this bangsawan betawi stuffs! l hope l don't sound like Budowono a.k.a shuisheng but, yes, my ancestors were the aristocrat betawi. One of them is a national hero, perhaps you've heard of Mohammad Husni Thamrin? Anyway, l don't think much of it.

Aristocracy is in the heart, in the way of thinking, in how a person thinks of a way to help other people, not in some meaningless titles that don't carry any weight now. Perhaps l lived in the 18th century, then probably l'd be very proud of my so-called blue blood, hahahaha!!
Emoticon: Clown

This is my full name, don't laugh:
Rr. Kinanti Pinta Karana Sigit Nazir Emoticon: Stupid

janss557
User
spacer line

Becaks (tricycles) back. On special lanes, as there is a lack of space high above the ordinary traffic, as they hinder the other traffic. As does the bajaj. But the odor is much more pleasant, and the pollution problem is partly solved. But I understand the lanes will cost loads of money.
But then, keeping the Bajaj's motor running costs money too, so part of that money could be used for special tolls on those lanes.

But I'm afraid that this idea will never develop into reality.

Now for the Metro buses . . .

Greetings

Hub

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

Heard that the New KANCIL which will be replaced ....need different licences as well...

Rgds
Aliakbar

www Jakarta through the Eyes of an Expat

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

73,218,832 topic views - 233,126 posts - 13,680 topics - 23,075 members - last post @ 21-07-2019 14:36 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

120,907,852 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com