indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jakarta, the Big Durian > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

lady_sue
User
User icon of lady_sue
spacer line

hey guys.. i'm new in this forum.. man, i miss jakarta.. i miss my family there.. the country that i'm living in now is making me dying of boredom.. i wish i could go there in a second.. by the by, last time i went there the prices are driving me insane (i haven't gone back there in 3 years, so new things just shocked me).. 500k rups means nothing anymore.. shopped at carrefour just to get less than 10 items cost more than half a million rups! i didn't buy some fancy electronic thing, just some stuff for the house which will not last for a week.. how do indos cope with it??? i read in media on-line the suicide numbers are getting higher everyday.. no wonder..

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

When I shop in Carrefour here in Yogya, I can buy a whole lot of stuff, enough for the week even if needed. Yogya is different than Jakarta, but prices in Carrefour will probably not be dramatically different (maybe parking fees are higher Emoticon: Wink ) As a bule I tend to buy some more exotic products because 'I know them', so I'm probably spending more than the average shopper there as well.

I don't see the link you make with Carrefour and higher suicide numbers, there is no obligation to shop in Carrefour, and the local warung is probably still cheaper.

lady_sue
User
User icon of lady_sue
spacer line

well, somehow some local warung buy their stuff from the wholesale markets like carrefour.. i don't see many differences though.. i shopped at warung nearby to buy some teh botol or something.. besides, i have a 2 year old boy, kid's things are quite expensive.. my hubby is a foreigner and even he was shocked by the prices.. before he thought that jakarta was cheap, but now he thinks differently..

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

Jakarta was never cheap. Indonesia is cheap. But for Jakartans the rest of the 93% of their fellow citizens doesn't count; they are there only to be exploited.
Two complete different worlds on one ground.

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

Everytime I'm in Jakarta I get a smack in the face and am astonished about the ignorance and incomprehension of Jakartans about the rest of their country.
I assume that any foreign tourist knows more about the rest of Indonesia then the inhabitants of Jakarta (talking about the middle- and higher class).

Veer01
User
User icon of Veer01
spacer line

Hi Sue,which is the country that bores you...hope it is not Holland. Emoticon: Nooo

heliumhead
User
spacer line

Am I happy not to live in Jakarta what a s... hole!! I feel sorry for everyone who has to life there, most of them are prisoners anyway because of the traffice they cannot go anywhere, not to mention the recent flooding!! But don't worry if you read about all the planns of the (local) government for the coming years -fight the flooding, monorail, mrt- it will be an oasis in a couple of years with green parks everywhere Emoticon: Laugh out loud

ardianto
User
User icon of ardianto
spacer line

On 21-03-2007 03:26 heliumhead wrote:
Am I happy not to live in Jakarta what a s... hole!! I feel sorry for everyone who has to life there,

Well I lived in Jakarta and I had a great time there, if you get used to the traffic jams it's not that bad. You got everything on hand, all professional services are present, nice shoppingcentres, great nightlife, etc.. Even if you want to escape you can go shopping in Singapore for a day (or two). What can I say more.

salam,
ardianto

Quiz: Noem 3 westerse landen waar Islam succesvol is ge´ntegreerd. Oke, noem er eentje dan

heliumhead
User
spacer line

nice shoppingcentres, great nightlife, etc.. Even if you want to escape you can go shopping in Singapore for a day (or two).

Shopping and nightlife are the two keywords in your comment, is that all you do or is there a job or study as well in between?? You must have a busy schedule? And ofcourse shopping in Singapore! Are you a girl by any chance??

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

Well, I have been living in Jakarta for a while. And still often there (I have a love-and-hate relation with the Big Durian) but again living there ????? No way, then it's better to return to my homecountry which in the meantime is more exotic and oriental then Jakarta which is the summit of western, materialistic life and lifestyle (for the privileged ones ofcourse).
Was there today: arrived yesterday eve at 19.00 and left this morning at 10.00. That's the best thing to do. Spend the night and leave the next morning before the craziness starts at daytime.
Jakarta is only fun for expats with the big money.

ardianto
User
User icon of ardianto
spacer line

On 23-03-2007 11:23 heliumhead wrote:

Shopping and nightlife are the two keywords in your comment, is that all you do or is there a job or study as well in between?? You must have a busy schedule? And ofcourse shopping in Singapore! Are you a girl by any chance??

Well actually i am in logistics so there is kind of a job in between indeed. Can't figure out though why a user who goes by the name ardianto is assumed to be a girl. Big chance that user is a male.

Quiz: Noem 3 westerse landen waar Islam succesvol is ge´ntegreerd. Oke, noem er eentje dan

lady_sue
User
User icon of lady_sue
spacer line

Ardianto is defenitely a guy's name. Heliumhead considered u as a girl bcause of your comments about jakarta's shopping and nightlife. I presume 80 percent of shopping and nightlife goers in Jakarta are girls! What else are they going to do? Especially if they are rich.. Daddy or hubby will pay for everything. I'm a jakartan, and I've seen and sick enough to see spoiled rich brats sitting around, spending money that they don't earn, while the rest of them who aren't fortune enough struggle to make ends meet.

ardianto
User
User icon of ardianto
spacer line

On 23-03-2007 20:28 lady_sue wrote:
Ardianto is defenitely a guys name. Heliumhead considered u as a girl bcause of your comments about jakartas shopping and nightlife. I presume 80 percent of shopping and nightlife goers in Jakarta are girls! What else are they going to do?

Depends; when with friends even shopping can be fun. And don't forget there are still lots of the 80% that you mentioned who just go for window shopping and stroll around for the heck of it, without spending a nickel. Emoticon: Smile

salam,
ardianto

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

I as a male like to do that too sometimes Ardianto... don't worry, you are not the only one.. haha..

lady_sue
User
User icon of lady_sue
spacer line

well, window shopping may not cost you a nickel, but while you're doing the window shopping it can cost you too.. You may not buy anything, but while you're at the mall, you'll end up in a cafe or a restaurant with your friends.. And that would cost lots more than a nickel.. And going out to a club or whatever you do for a "nightlife"?? That's even worse.. While you're in the club you would spend lots of nickles just to buy a "soda".. They won't sell "teh botol" inside, will they? And I presume the so called nightlife goers won't drink just a soda inside the night club, would they? Well, all and all, what you spent for a day of "window shopping" or a night of "clubbing" can be equal with eating WARTEG for more than a whole week.

heliumhead
User
spacer line

yeah just pop in to Starbucks, a cup of coffee will cost you the same as in the UK or western europe. Window shopping, never tried it, must be fun to see all these rich kids walk around with Gucci bags! Emoticon: Smile . Kemang? Used to go there b'cause of a friend living there, going for lunch or dinner? Same prices as in Europe, quality? very average! Now I live in Serpong -not getting better as well by the way!- and I hardly go to Jakarta. Ratu Plaza will be the only place I go to with the shuttle bus. To be honest used to go out a lot in Jakarta years ago and I've been living there for a short while but don't tell me it is a fun city to live, it never has been!

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

Depends of the personal needs , social life , neighbourhood and incomes.
Emoticon: Bye bye Emoticon: Party!

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

spacer line  

Hi lady sue, when I go to nightlub, i drink a botol of teh before I go in the club or bar and also I eat in the warung. I just have a chat and if I get thirsty I drink some water in the tolet, or find a rich girl that buys me a drink. Emoticon: Party!

Thole21
User
spacer line

I think generally the price in Jakarta is still cheaper than what we have in Europe. Well, if you can wisely choose the place on where you will spend your money. It is true that in some fancy place the price could be quite irrational for a city in a third word country. But with so many option on everything, in my opinion that it is only the matter of choice that can make you spend a lot.
So, Jakarta is the city of choice. i agree with "sidia" that it all depends on how you live and how life in Jakarta affects you.
As for myself, I prefer to build my empire in Bogor. I still can feel the vibrant of a big city while live in a peaceful small toon at the same time.

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

On 05-04-2007 07:52 Thole21 wrote:
As for myself, I prefer to build my empire in Bogor. I still can feel the vibrant of a big city while live in a peaceful small toon at the same time.

Wise choise.
1998 have bought a pondok or saung mungil at Bogor Lake Side , Bukit Bogor Raya , but 2 years ago I have sell it for another dream. Emoticon: Party!

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

76,847,173 topic views - 234,918 posts - 13,695 topics - 25,649 members - last post @ 14-11-2019 11:03 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

125,633,051 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com