indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jakarta, the Big Durian > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (3 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Since I have created a 'London tube-like' map, it's time that the (construction of) the monorail get's it's separate topic.

The two lines below (green and blue) are scheduled to be in use at the end of 2006 and early 2007. There is no information about the construction of more lines as yet.

Thanks to Diederick for giving me a scan of the map as displayed in the paper version of The Jakarta Post.

Route of the future Jakarta monorail system

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

Too sad .....No stations near my residence.....

Rgds

Aliakbar

www Jakarta through the Eyes of an Expat

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 18-06-2004 17:27 aliakbar wrote:
Too sad .....No stations near my residence.....

Rgds

Aliakbar

Then you have to take a bus kota to the nearest monorail station. whehe.. to make the traffic worse then Emoticon: Cooool

mashil
User
User icon of mashil
spacer line

I guess my question is stupid, but is a monorail the same like the underground?
And should we/they be happy with this new project?

- Let us live simply so that others may simply live -

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

Hilmar,
Monorail is not really like the underground to me.
Monorail means one rail.
It works on two the same magnetic poles that push each other away.
Therefore, the train has no wheels.

Why be happy with this project? For cargo transport, it will be good, but if it is only for passengers... then it is only prestige.

I mean it is to expensive for only passengers, they could also build a good normal express trein route.

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

bangwin
User
User icon of bangwin
spacer line

On 18-06-2004 18:27 Albert wrote:
Hilmar,
Monorail is not really like the underground to me.
Monorail means one rail.
It works on two the same magnetic poles that push each other away.
Therefore, the train has no wheels.

Why be happy with this project? For cargo transport, it will be good, but if it is only for passengers... then it is only prestige.

Why be happy with this project? well.....you're not long enough living in Indonesia then

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

Bangwin,

I know the quality of the trains in Indonesia and how full the can be. Like many chickens together in one cage.

But what is wrong with a two rail good express train on the same route? Would that not be cheaper, to make. The TGV in Europe (France) can also reach a speed of 400 km an hour.

But such a quick train in Indonesia might be dangerous because of dense population.
A monorail is more save because it will be high above te ground. But do they wish to build a monorail because it is more save, or for a other reason?

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

stijn
User
spacer line

As I said before the main reason to build the monorail probably is prestige. My opinion is that prestige isn`t always a bad thing. Prestige can make things happen that otherwise won`t happen at all.
The monorail can attrack people who usually travel by car or taxi. That is if the price of a ticket will be too high for the bulk of the population. Otherwise the middleclass won`t leave the safety of their own car....And it is the cars that cause the trafficproblems. So it`s not a democratic (for all the people) or social project...Should it be???

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

An express train is off course not advisable in a city. A metro or underground is difficult to engineer in Jakarta (although Siemens is building one in Bangkok) and too expensive. This monorail is a nice alternative. You can say a lot about the project but I think it is anyway necessary that something is done to improve public transport in Jakarta.
Jeroen it seems from your map that there are no interchange stations between the blue and the green line. Is that true? If so I find that a missed change

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Diederick,

I didn't see any interchange stations. I was wondering why there were no on the map. I suppose there will be one or two to hop over... when I see them, I will change the map accordingly.

Yerun

JohanN
User
User icon of JohanN
spacer line

Yo,
Also a very important fact is that the project will import or increase the knowledge to build such a construction. A lot of high level knowledge is necessary on several levels: construction, ground maintenance, software development, machinery, maintenance of equipment and trains etc. These days, Indonesia lacks high tech skills in order to stay competetive, both with respect to other SEA countries as well as on the internal market. This kind of projects will stimulate the general knowledge and education of the Indonesian people, I hope!
Regards, Johan

Begin de details te vergeten

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Hey Ali, since you are in Jakarta, maybe you can give an update about the construction?

Thanks

Yerun

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

Here is Diederick, also in Jakarta. As of now no obvious activitities have taken place after the inaugaration by president Megawati. Some concrete pillars can be seen lying around. The local government though assured the public that the works will begin shortly.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 16-07-2004 20:31 diederick wrote:
Here is Diederick, also in Jakarta. As of now no obvious activitities have taken place after the inaugaration by president Megawati. Some concrete pillars can be seen lying around. The local government though assured the public that the works will begin shortly.

you must be kidding! That's the Indonesia I know though Emoticon: Wink

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

Today in the Jakarta post an article about adjustments to the initial routes. President Megawati seems to have requested a rerouting near the Bungkarno stadium (Senayan). I will send you the article (with a new map)

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

88,152,038 topic views - 240,776 posts - 13,734 topics - 34,296 members - last post @ 25-01-2021 21:57 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2021
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

143,644,899 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com