indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jakarta, the Big Durian > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (4 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Edwin
User
spacer line

Hi,everybody
Pls tell me where can I buy Javanese to English dictionary and
English to Javanese dictionary?Btw, where can I buy computer in JKT?modem speed ? 56k? or?
What¡¦s the difference between ethnic Chinese and Indonesian?
Regards, Yosron
Emoticon: Stupid

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

A lot of questions,

First Edwin are you Dutch or English? There is a good dictionary Dutch-Javanese (attention: Javanese words in Javanese script). If you are interested i can find out more, it is a old dictionary, maybe only obtainable in antiquarian bookshops.
Computers you can buy anywhere. But Mangadua is the IT-place. Glodok also, There are some retail adresses in Ratu Plaza. Modem speed is off course dependent of your provider. Broadband is possible through several providers, mostly by cable (Kablevision)
What the difference is between Etnic Chinese and Indonesian? That is a long story. The first are selling a lot of things, amongst with computers.

Edwin
User
spacer line

Hi, Mr. Diederick
many thanks 4 ur help!!! I appreciate it so.................................much!!!
First, I'm fr TAIWAN, not an English,not a Dutch.Taiwan is among Japan , China,Phillippines.Actually,it locates south-east direction of China.
So,I need a Javanese-Chinese or Javanese-English dictionary.
Javanese-Japanese one will do!
Thanks again.................................

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

Hello Edwin,

I know Taiwan. As Tayuan or Formosa they were for a numbers of years part of the VOC-network until they were kicked out by the famous "Coxinga". I even saw a few months back a Taiwanese movie about this episode. A number of Tawaines historians use the old VOC-archives for research. I will look if i can find any of these dictionaries.

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

Published in Hong Kong in 2002: Javanese-English dictionary by Robson, Stuart & Singgih Wibisono. ISBN: 07946000X. For sale on the internet http://www.worldlanguage.com/Products/101377.htm. Cheaper in Singapore. I guess the major bookstores in Jakarta can at least order it for you, if they don't have it in stock

LeoKK
User
spacer line

Hi Edwin,

When you are in Jakarta you should go to the University bookshop - forgot the name - in Cikini, Jl. Salemba Raya, near to Kenari market.

Regards, Leo

Saya senang di Indonesia

budowono1
User
spacer line

kenapa bahasa jawa ..........??
now days no one speek jawa .
speek Bahasa Indonesia every one understand that from
sabang to marauke

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

It is Merauke, isn't it.? There are more then 90 million people still speaking Javanase of all kinds(high-middle-low) in daily life. Considering your esteemed ancestry you should aknowledge the existence of this language

budowono1
User
spacer line

ya i aknoledge but it is not good to encourage the people to speek dialect for a nation is to speek one lenguage so there won't come any comflict as discrimination and so

spacer line  

dialect? Basa Jawa dialect? I thought it 's a language....and so much older than Bahasa Indonesia..... Emoticon: Confused

budowono1
User
spacer line

ya actualy it is consitered a dialect but Surinam say it is a lenguage but officialy it is consitered a dialect eventhough it's older

spacer line  

as far as I have learned, basa Jawa is a language, just as basa Sunda is a language and also Menadonese people speak their own language as do the Balinese people.....I think their languages are "officially" recognized as languages...not as dialects....dialects of what, by the way? dialect of Bahasa Indonesia? But Bahasa Indonesia didnt exist as a language till about 60 years ago?

budowono1
User
spacer line

yeas maybe but times changed that is tempo dulu this is now
times change and lenguage change.

that was long time ago before than people spoke Sanscrit but now no one does cause it is inacurate to speek ancient dialek.
now indonesia is Indonesia so people speek indonesia it says in the constitution
cause many things difrant like Betawi people don't speek Jawa cause Betawi arn't Jawa but officialy Melayu Beach and Sunda speek Sunda is for a reason why the govermen sayd let official lenguage be Bahasa indonesia to disolve all isue.
indonesia is seposed to be 1 but if we can not even speek 1 lenguage or live together cause they say i Jawa i dont want live with Sunda or i padang i don wan't live next to Batak cause we Enamy if we all think like that indonesia won't keep together as one

bangwin
User
User icon of bangwin
spacer line

For your information....Budowono is not living in the present time...so please don't ever have a thought that Indonesian have an opinion like him.....Maybe in his time Indonesian people was not allowed to talk in his own language....hehehehe

budowono1
User
spacer line

well actualy i am talking about present time.
i say this cause all konflik started cause of things like dialek's it's
strange isn't it where seposed to be one race united.
from Sabang to merauke.
but all conlik start by these things like people talking there own dialekt and people ataking people in order to do that we must abtain Unity and balance between our people.
and it starts by speeking one neutral lenguage wich speeking Bahasa Indonesia to maintain the avection and Unity of
Republik-Indonesia .

small conflict's like people hating other people are the reason of Indonesia's strukture leek.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Okay, we can get back on topic here as well. Emoticon: Yes!

budowono1
User
spacer line

Wah jij will
is ur party lah

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

95,495,437 topic views - 242,161 posts - 13,761 topics - 35,539 members - last post @ 02-12-2021 12:24 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2021
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

156,192,227 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com