indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Bali, the island of the Gods > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Katrin
User
User icon of Katrin
spacer line

Hi everyone,

I've been to many parts of Bali, and love it, so am just wondering what is everyone's favourite beach to swim there.

Kuta Beach is the only beach I've come across that has surf, but it's often a bit murky there.

Beaches in Sanur went deep very quickly, but weren't too bad.

I've swum at Padangbai, but it was where a lot of boats came in, so possibly wasn't that clean, but snorkelling around the corner at 'Blue Lagoon' was great.

I haven't been to Amed, but would like to. What are the beach like there?

Which part of Bali, in your opinion, has the best swimming beaches? Emoticon: Smile

Nemesis
User
User icon of Nemesis
spacer line

Hi Katrin,
I guess you've figured it out pretty well. Kutu/Legian/Seminjak is de best overall, but a bit murky. I wouldn’t want to swim in Padangbai, except for the “blue lagoon”, which is just another bay, not a lagoon.
The sea at Lovina is nice for little kids: warm and it takes a long time to get deep. Unfortunately, close to Lovina centre the water is so dirty.
Around Goa Lawah (bat cave) you shouldn’t try to swim, the undertow is rather dangerous overthere… Emoticon: Devil

Amore, more, ore, re, probantur amicitiae. Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditiones habes.

daft_punk
User
spacer line

Dream land beach is i my oppinion one of the best place.
White sand and nice clean water with a beautifull panorama.
Daan

Katrin
User
User icon of Katrin
spacer line

On 02-03-2007 14:31 daft_punk wrote:
Dream land beach is i my oppinion one of the best place.
White sand and nice clean water with a beautifull panorama.
Daan

Hi Daan, where is Dream Land Beach? It sounds lovely. Emoticon: Smile

daft_punk
User
spacer line

Its near Ulluwatu.

Robert
User
User icon of Robert
spacer line

Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile. Katrin & Nemesis

You should have gone to the other side of Padangbai, there is an awesome white sand beach there.

(T)roy
User
User icon of (T)roy
spacer line

We are planning to go to Nusa Dua this year. To dive and to swim. How is the beach and the water there? For diving, Padangbai is better I think, but there is little to do for my wife and our child. Where are you going to dive when you stay at Nusa Dua. Do they pick you up to go also to Padangbai fot a day? I think that I read it somewhere.

bartje64
User
spacer line

Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile. (T)roy: I've been to Nusa Dua last year, swimming is very nice but diving.. well there are possibilities but since I came there straight after my visit to Manado/Bunaken the divemaster in Nusa Dua smiled and told me not to take the effort because it would have been an anti-climax.. even though there's supposed to see some nice things.
I think indeed pick up is possible, you can also rent a car and driver for a day.

baliorange
User
User icon of baliorange
spacer line

Dream land beach, nusa lembongan beach, toyapakeh beach at nusa penida, or try to find a beach that related with diving point.

Web Hosting Indonesia | Web Development | Domain Name | http://www.baliorange.net

linnie
User
User icon of linnie
spacer line

Hehe, there are many secret places, i'm not going to tell you exactly, because i like it to be nice and quiet. Emoticon: Puh! . Look direction dreamland, but dreamland is too crowded, so look (or walk) a bit further...and the same with nusa dua. Just drive around in those areas and find your spot. Good luck!

http://www.barudibali.com - Everything you need to know about Bali

spacer line  

....padang-padang.......near Uluwatu.

Vinie
User
User icon of Vinie
spacer line

Hi i stayed at Kuta, but when't nearly every day swimming left oft Kuta.
I use to walk al the way past a 'wall" and than you have that hotel.
They were two small fisherboats 200m from each other over there, so i had a referention point and could swim laps. The water over there was calm and clear. No shore breaks like kuta beach(hardrock).
Do not no the location of dreamland, can someone tell me if its far from kuta center pls.

Vinie
User
User icon of Vinie
spacer line

On 07-05-2008 09:09 Vinie wrote:
Hi i stayed at Kuta, but when't nearly every day swimming left oft Kuta.
I use to walk al the way past a 'wall" and than you have that hotel.
They were two small fisherboats 200m from each other over there, so i had a referention point and could swim laps. The water over there was calm and clear. No shore breaks like kuta beach(hardrock).
Do not no the location of dreamland, can someone tell me if its far from kuta center pls.

can no more swim at this location ....., also reef area to the left. So now i go where i surf but i go deep in sea after the waves. Rescue team is there also located.

ethan1066
User
spacer line

i feel kuta beaches the most interesting ...a nice place for surfer...

ubud accomodation and boutique hotels in bali

baliku
User
spacer line

for me Dreamland is the best beach in Bali .

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

Swimming on Kuta Beach is the same as swimming in a sewer, didn't you notice those big drainage pipes at some points? That's your own dump from after breakfast that morning you were swimming in.

spacer line  

Last week -

Kuta Beach which is one the most visited and famous destination in Bali, Indonesia has now been closed for tourists. For the past two days the usually clean beach is now has brownish color and covered with dead plankton and other small sea organism.

This massive death of planktons and other small sea organism is thought because the sea near the beach is contaminated with waste and pollution pushed by the west monsoon wind which had been blowing hard in the past couple of days.

The usually nice beach is now littered
This garbage is not just household wastes but also wood logs as well as plastic and other chemicals. The Kuta Beach guard helped by many locals who are living from the tourism industry created by the beach has been cleaning the garbage. The Government also sends in heavy equipment and trucks but the garbage kept coming in and will still be the case for the next few days. Tens of trucks were seen taking out the garbage since yesterday.

The Kuta Beach guard has also put a danger flag and has issued a warning for tourists to prevent them from swimming to avoid itchiness and other health related issues. The beach that usually packed with international tourists is now pretty quiet.

http://www.bayucottages.com in Amed - East Bali

accid
User
User icon of accid
spacer line

Swimming on Kuta Beach is the same as swimming in a sewer, didn't you notice those big drainage pipes at some points? That's your own dump from after breakfast that morning you were swimming in.

On double six beach the rats are comming out of the sea on shore because the rain driven them out of the sewers in to the sea. Dont worrie about the rats because the dogs on the beach kills them quickly.

Not so long time ago there were thousands of small crabs on/in the beach of double six now there are none.

Bali has being dumping waste for years and years in the sea and the small rivers bring all the poison from the sawas and the dumps from the mountain villagers in the sea.

You think that only Kuta and double six has poluted beaches that gives you and your kids all kind of health problems for now and in the future? Then I think you also believe that Bali is a paradise.

Van hen die zeggen dat zij mij kennen weet ik dat ze mij niet kennen.

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

No, not only Kuta Beach is dirty as hell, but my post was a reaction on an earlier reaction about Kuta Beach. I think even the waters of Jakarta are cleaner than those of Kuta Beach, and they are not that clean here..

foxfifi
User
spacer line

Bedankt voor het delen.

Techjunkie
User
spacer line

Just got back from holiday in Kuta and will never go back there.....The beach is a sewer and no way I’d let my kids swim in that shit and the sand had oil in it, everyone I spoke to said they will not be back as well. There are better places to spend my money like Thailand and the Philippines which have clean beaches and water.

accid
User
User icon of accid
spacer line

I'll feel sorry to hear that! I hoped I just was in a nightmare and will wake up soon.

Van hen die zeggen dat zij mij kennen weet ik dat ze mij niet kennen.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

49,303,249 topic views - 221,760 posts - 13,476 topics - 15,947 members - last post @ 21-08-2017 19:21 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

88,920,727 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com