indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Katrin
User
User icon of Katrin
spacer line

Hello everyone, Emoticon: Bye bye

This is my first post, so I just wanted to say hello to everyone first before I get into chatting.

I live in Melbourne, Australia, and I'm in my mid 30s and have loved visiting Indonesia ever since I first went there (to Bali and Lombok) 10 years ago.

Since then I've been to other parts of Indonesia, and have learnt a bit of the language. I haven't been since 2003 and would love to go again soon.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all,

Sampai jumpa,

Katrin. Emoticon: Shiny

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Hello Katrin,

Welcome to this forum. Your topic gives me the chance to make this into a general 'hello' topic, since I can't find one anymore.

Jeroen

spacer line  

Hi,
I married a man of Dutch-Indonesian heritage. His family immigrated from the Netherlands to Bishop, California in 1956. I am looking for any testimonials from those whose lives were uprooted after WWII.

Thanks, Terri

nlpeter
User
User icon of nlpeter
spacer line

Hello, I use this new topic to introduce myself. I'm a member of this forum since january 2007. I read this forum already a long time.

I became a member when the Indonesian pop music topic started. I play Indonesian music (not just pop music, there is currently a traditional song as well), see my signature below. I've been to Indonesia quite a few times (about 1 year in total) and probably will go there again this year.

Peter, dari Belanda

Dutch guy singing Indonesian songs at http://nlpeter.nl.

bartje64
User
spacer line

Hi, I also would like to introduce myself on this forum. After reading this for a long time already (and benefitting from it too because of all user's experiences and advices, thank you all so much) I finally got around to registering.. hehe.. call me a lazy guy.
I'm Bart, 42 going on 43, married to Indonesian lady of same age. We got married in Jakarta in 2002.
We're living in Holland, and somewhere in our head is a move to Indonesia but there's still a lot of bears on the road as we say in Belanda.. like me not having a job, where can our little girl go to a good school.. and so on..
Well so much for now.....

Bart

alicetiner
User
spacer line

Hi!!
This is Ali Cetiner. I'm a Turkish student living in the United States. I just joined the board to ask questions about Pramoedya Ananta Toer's "This Earth of Mankind" I'm taking a class about colonialism in East Asia and we are reading this book, which contains many ethical and social terms that are too complicated to understand. You can also MSN me which would be an easier way to ask questions: alicetinerRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.hotmail.com Below is the link to my topic:

http://forum.indahnesia.com/to(...)h_of_mankindquot.php

Thank you so much for helping!!

Veer01
User
User icon of Veer01
spacer line

Allways nice to read new people join Yerun's forum.I'd like to say hello to you all.Especially to bartje64,we have in common we both married indonesian woman in Jakarta,only I did in 2004(Hotel Acacia,Jl.Kramat). Emoticon: Party!

bartje64
User
spacer line

Veer01, thanks for your welcome Emoticon: Smile
We married in Baiturrahman Mesjid, south/central Jakarta. Very close to Hotel Mulia and the MPR/DPR buildings.

Veer01
User
User icon of Veer01
spacer line

Aha,we had dinner there once,in Mulia.Is your wife muslim or christian? Emoticon:

bartje64
User
spacer line

Mulia is nice...we had our wedding night there Emoticon: Very funny
She's muslim...hence the marriage in a mesjid... but a real tolerant and relaxed muslim I might add...
What about yours?

Veer01
User
User icon of Veer01
spacer line

We had dinner in Mulia(italian restaurant) and afterwards saw concert Deep Purple in Senayan-tenniscourt in 2004.Was crowded,the group still good.Mine is christian,but don't go too much to church,only once in a while.We have muslim-neighbours of turkish origin,so we don't have any problem with that.I think if you respect eachothers believe,the world would be okay right?Me myself don't know what to believe,sometimes had experiences that would prove there is a God,sometimes just think there's nothing up there.But it depends on how you are raised I think.By the way,where do you live in Holland?(don't have to say the town,just the part you live,we in Zuid-Holland near Rotterdam).And for now...our wedding was okay in Hotel Acacia,they arrange the whole ceremony inside in a special room,where the priest and the man from indonesian "burgerzaken"was too.After we had a party in Ming-restaurant in the same hotel.There was taken a vcd-recording and also the photoshoot was done professionally,so like we say here..."petje af"for the indonesian people who made this a special occasion.Ofcourse the pictures couldn't fail,cause as you may have seen in my avatar I'm very very attractive. Emoticon: Laugh out loud

Rainman
User
User icon of Rainman
spacer line

Hi all.

I am in Logistic living in Jakarta for the pass 9 years....

Everything in life is in Contexure. When there is a problem, there will always be a solution. So why let the problem bother you (www.tokcok.com/forum)

bartje64
User
spacer line

Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.veer01:
Deep purple.. one of my all time favourites Emoticon: Very funny Unfortunately I missed that concert..he he..
Religion does not play a big part in our household, I totally agree with you that one has to respect others faith.. or religion..And yes the way one is raised is very important for the person you are now.
We live also in Zuid Holland close to Rotterdam, in a typical Dutch town 20 km east of Rotterdam very well known for its cheese and candles Emoticon: Very funny My wife has a lot of Indonesian friends here already so maybe your wife and mine are already acquianted Emoticon: Very funny
We had our ceremony in the mesjid and before the acual wedding we had some ceremonies at my parent-in-law house ... it was an experience never to forget. The party and reception were in the mesjid. Pictures were taken there too. But afterward for my Dutch friends and family we went to CJ's bar in Mulia Hotel for a well deserved beer Emoticon: Very funny hehe.. there was of course enough food and drink but a little alcoholic beverage is welcome at a wedding party Emoticon: Wink
For further future contacts maybe we can PM each other since probably the moderator will see this either as off-topic or maybe even slow chat Emoticon: Very funny
Regards, Bart

spacer line  

hi,

as a not so "new user" - I saw this website when I was looking for information for our "back to the roots" trip in september 2006 - let's introduce myself..

I live in Gouda - cheese and candle city - in the Netherlands now.
Born in Indonesia and lived in Indonesia for 11 years, we went to the Netherlands in1958.
The year 2006 is the first year for me to go back.

I will let you know about this trip later, we visited the Lampung district in South Sumatra, went to Java by ferry, crossed Java from west to east, crossed the waters again and went to North Bali for a weeks "rest" by diving the North site, the coast, menjangan island and secret bay. Great, not so many divers and tourists, great diving and good for resting.

see you,

Inez

Veer01
User
User icon of Veer01
spacer line

My guess is Gouda,but could be wrong.I sometimes come there with the truck at a chemical company(Buurtje 1).Me myself live in Hellevoetsluis,you may know the place from the yearly "Vestingdagen".So we are living in the same region.The idea of PM is fine with me,also my wife has made lots of friends here in the region and new friends are always welcome. Emoticon: Bye bye

bartje64
User
spacer line

He he..Buurtje.. that must be Uniqema then Emoticon: Very funny Indeed Gouda is the correct guess, actually we don't live so far away from that company...
Hellevoetsluis...My wife has a friend there... he he.. could be it's your wife...? We went there last year for the birthday of their son... I've been loking in this site for possibility of PM but so far have not found the way to do it.. so I'll keep on looking Emoticon: Wink

And I see and welcome another Gouda inhabitant here.. Hello and welcome Inez Emoticon: Smile
Bart

dangdude03
User
User icon of dangdude03
spacer line

Hi Inez and Bart,

Not a ‘new user’ myself, I also live in Gouda (I can see Unichema from my backyard).
You forgot about our famous kue sirop – stroopwafels!
And then there is the well known Gouda pottery off course.
I have also visit the Lampung district last summer. I would rather live there than in this boring cheese town.
Jan

Veer01
User
User icon of Veer01
spacer line

Indeed Unichema...small world is this right?Lately i don't come there much but it depends on what the customer orders,I happen to drive for De Rijke,so maybe you know the yellow-coloured trucks and blue trailers(or tanktrucks).I also know a company,called HMS(is for industrial hardware) in a new industry-part in Gouda,they first were settled in Capelle(I know the owner and son from my Van Gend en Loos-time).One time I drove in a wrong direction and ended up in the narrow center of gouda with my trailer,luckilly got out of there quit easily.Nice to hear you also know Hellevoetsluis,we have friends now in Amsterdam,Vlaardingen,Rozenburg,my own town,because a lot of indonesian woman are married or related to people who work and live in the industrial area around Rotterdam,think of Europoort and Botlek and Vondelingenplaat(Shell,Esso,Dsm,and a lot of other companies where I have to load/unload).Well,maybe we'll meet some day,for now greetings from us in the old marinetown H'sluis,where still one of the Blue Diamonds also lives. Emoticon: Cooool

bartje64
User
spacer line

He he..indeed small world... looks like in Gouda there's a lot of connection with Indahnesia Emoticon: Wink
I know de Rijke ... see their trucks all over the country indeed. Myself I work in an office in Capelle, with a fantastic view over the Brienenoord brigde Emoticon: Very funny

Jan... the kue sirop of course...how could I forget?? and pottery too, indeed.
By the way...I saw your website.. very interested on the topic of living in Indonesia....is the info there up-to-date? Coz I'm looking for the opportunity to move there. There's only 2 things which stop me now.. : I don't have a job there.. and the education of our little girl (now 14 months old). Schooling here in Belanda is still far better than Indonesia... so unless we can put her in an international or private school, preferrably non-religious he he he...., we will probably stay here .....

dangdude03
User
User icon of dangdude03
spacer line

Yeah, small world Bart. I did some p.r. on Indah for Gouda in the past already but until lately I was not aware of more members from here. Nice you checked out my website, but you might have clicked a favourite link as I don’t own a topic about living in Indonesia. I wish I had the experience, but hopefully in the future. So I cannot advise you with this subject. As you said for the education of your little girl I can believe its better to stay here. Finding a well paid job there can be difficult as well. But I won’t keep you from trying… Emoticon: Smile

tigerhead
User
spacer line

Okay... I have been watching this forum for a while, let's introduce myself.

I live in the Netherlands (it seems like most of you do) and not in the western part but in the eastern part (Veluwe).

I am 33 years old and work as a systemadministrator. Besides of eating Indonesian food, I didn't know much of Indonesia for a long time. About 8 years ago I met a beautiful Indonesian/Chinese girl and married her in 2005. Since I got interested in her, I also got interested in Indonesian culture, history and music.

I've been in Indonesia 3 times now (last time was in 2004) and I will be back this year together with my wife (and my mom who is interested in Indonesian culture for a long time) to visit her family and to do a roundtrip in Sulawesi.

I hope to get a lot of knowledge to read this forum and make new friends.

My website is www.dutchtigerhead.nl

Veer01
User
User icon of Veer01
spacer line

Okay Bart...you know maybe I even know the company you work in,cause in my Van Gend en Loos-days I was very much in Rivium-Capelle.For instance Rietschoten&Houwens,Telecom,Toshiba,well a lot of places I delivered and took out goods.I remember when it was built and now I sometimes pass the Brienenoordbridge and look aside and see how Capelle has grown over the years.Also Capelle itself and Kralingseveer are booming now.So I took a lot of steps there and have nice memories of my work there.These days you find us in Europe driving all kinds of goods for industrial companies.Okay,again greetings for now. Emoticon: Talk to the hand

Leonard
User
spacer line

Hello,

this is a reply to Teresa Jacobs from Bishop California.
I understand that you mairried a man from Dutch-Indonesian origin. In the 1950's a few 100.000 people like him left Indonesia, especially for Holland. I was one of them. You ask for testimonials about the postwar period. Please bear in mind that you will not understand this period, unless you realise some of the impact of 1942 - 1945. The majority of "Dutch origins" were in prison camps.
I am 56 now. Recently I met many of my cousins and nieces at a funeral. Talking about the past one of them suggested that we all were second generation war victims. And we all agreed.
You may encounter strong emotional reactions when are open to testimonials of the kind you are asking for. But the time may be there to utter them.

I am curious for the reactions. I am willing to contact you, but do not know how..

greetings,
Leonard.

bartje64
User
spacer line

Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.Dangdude03
Yes, finding the job is the critical part... especially the well paid so we can send our little girl to International School ... Give her a better education then in "normal" Indonesian school...
Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile. Veer01
He he... well I don't know, I work here since almost 1,5 years ... I know that the company has been at Rivium since Rivium was build.. but I am not sure whether we use(d) van Gend & Loos as our shipper..I think we used to have our own truck for transports...anyway that was before my time Emoticon: Very funny
Greetings for now from a sunny Capelle Emoticon: Smile

Veer01
User
User icon of Veer01
spacer line

Bart...okay,it would be coincidence if I knew the company cause there are so many in Rivium.But I worked there untill 2001 so before your time.I know in the mean time more companies settled there,at first I was there daily at for instance Breur Ijzerwaren,Van der Heym drukkerij,a couple of companies at the towers like Marsh&McClannonbuilding,well all sorts of companies who received and sent goods through VGL at the time.But times change and also Capelle so maybe I know the company,maybe not.Anyway,I worked there with pleasure.Greetings again. Emoticon: Bye bye

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

45,053,152 topic views - 219,223 posts - 13,375 topics - 15,309 members - last post @ 28-02-2017 01:39 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

82,816,337 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com