indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

laura10
User
spacer line

I live in holland and just started learning Bahasa. I would like to go to Indonesia this summer to continue to learn and practice Bahasa. Are there schools that especially teach Bahasa to foreigners? I prefer to go to Jakarta.
I can find so many institues for other languages, like Spanish, where you can book lessons per week (and have lessons every day) in Spain, Cuba, Curacao. But on the Internet I couldn't find something similar for Bahasa in Indonesia. Any suggestions are welcome!

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

I.A.L.F Jakarta , an Australian Institute in Jakarta (googlen maar)

(ze hebben diverse nivo , van beginner tot gevorderden , 3x 1 week intensief cursus , kosten ongeveer 1 milj. roepie = ong. 90 euri.per week ).

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Changed the topic title to English.

ardianto
User
User icon of ardianto
spacer line

Puri Bahasa Indonesia (PBI), Yogyakarta has a good reputation to take lessons. you can find them here

selamat belajar

ardianto

Quiz: Noem 3 westerse landen waar Islam succesvol is ge´ntegreerd. Oke, noem er eentje dan

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

Tambahan :
1.Jakarta :Indonesia Australia Language Foundation.
http://www.ialf.edu

2.Institut Teknologi Bandung
http://www.lc.itb.ac.id/buletin.htm

3.Kampus U.I (universitas indonesia-depok)

Semarang-Malang -(yogya)-Surabaya-Bali .

Katrin
User
User icon of Katrin
spacer line

I studied Bahasa Indonesia a while back for a week at IALF in Bali, which was good, and then another week at Wisma Bahasa in Yogyakarta, which was even better.

It's the best way to learn. I'd love to do it again sometime. Emoticon: Smile

laura10
User
spacer line

Wow, thanx for all the tips guys!!!
I haven't do my homework yet ...yet a couple of questions!

Aan Sidia: heb je lessen genomen bij IALF in Jakarta? Het is wel erg druk in Jakarta he. Ik vraag me af of het wel zo'n goed idee is om naar Jakarta te gaan als het om vervoer gaat. Het is niet echt gebruikelijk om te gaan fietsen daar toch? En bedankt voor je andere tips. Heb je daar ook nog ervaringen mee of dingen over gehoord (over de lessen en de buurt?)

To Katrin: What made Wisma a better experience compared to IALF in Bali to you? And how did you experience Yogyakarta and Bali when you think of the people (friendly, etc) and as a holiday location (nice disco's, to shop, ect Emoticon: Very funny ).

Anyone that can tell me more about this topic, please do!

Greetz, Laura

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

Re IALF

It'for my son.
At Bandung (ITB) you can also get private lessons for 50.000 rp/hour.
We are planning to stay for 2 weeks in Bandung.

Jakarta is too big city and very dangerous if you go on bycicle.
(je bent echt levensmoe =gevaarlijk , warm , vies , afstanden te groot)

In yr case I should choose Yogya , see their site .

Katrin
User
User icon of Katrin
spacer line

To Katrin: What made Wisma a better experience compared to IALF in Bali to you? And how did you experience Yogyakarta and Bali when you think of the people (friendly, etc) and as a holiday location (nice discos, to shop, ect Emoticon: Very funny ).

Hi Laura Emoticon: Shiny ,

Wisma Bahasa in Yogya was really great because they were so used to teaching adult foreigners Indonesian. They had lots of different people studying there - soldiers, volunteers, teachers, people coming to Indonesia to work, etc.

IALF in Bali had to create a little program just for me, as usually they teach English, and mostly to kids, so their specialty wasn't teaching sole adult foreigners Indonesian, but they were still good, and very accomodating. Certainly Bali has everything for the tourists - nightlife, beaches, etc. Yogya has nightlife, but it's a lot more understated than Bali's. Possibly more interesting ... it depends what you're into!

The people in both places were very friendly. Of course in Bali they are very used to tourists, so everything is there for you on a platter. In Yogya, you have to delve a bit deeper, but I made some fantastic friends in Yogya - many law students and others at Uni learning English who very keen to hang out every night.

Here is the website for Wisma Bahasa if you're interested:

www.wisma-bahasa.or.id/eng/index.html

If I went to Indonesia again to study, I would definitely go back to Wisma Bahasa, but it sounds like there's lots of great options in Jakarta too, which I don't know about.

Fairy
User
User icon of Fairy
spacer line

Hi Laura,

If you're looking for means to help pay for your Indonesian language studies, consider applying for the Darmasiswa RI Scholarship which is a scholarship program offered to foreign students (for a duration of 6 months - 1 year):

More details at http://www.darmasiswa.depdikna(...)rg/english/index.php

Good luck!

www.MyIndo.com: A Malaysian's Outlook on Indonesian Pop Culture! :)

laura10
User
spacer line

Thanx for all the tips! Other people also have told me that Jakarta is very crowded and I heard some positive things about Yogja. So now I'm all execited and want to go to Yogja. I'm not sure but I think I want to take lessons for 2 weeks (and after that I go travelling). So darmasiswa for at least 6 months is not an option for me. Thanx anyway!

I think about Puri Bahasa Indonesia or Wisma Bahasa to take lessons.

Katrin, how did you arrange your accomodation? And how did you experience it? Tips from other people are of course also welcome!

Greetz, Laura

Katrin
User
User icon of Katrin
spacer line

Hi Laura,

I didn't organise my accomodation until the day I arrived in Yogya, which was easy. There are all sorts of options within a few minutes walk of Wisma Bahasa. If you contact the school, they can arrange accommodation for you if you like - whatever suits your budget/tastes. Everyone is very friendly there.

You can book a night or two in one place for when you get there, and then have a look around and see if there's somewhere else you'd prefer. Emoticon: Smile

Good luck and let us know how you go.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

49,303,249 topic views - 221,760 posts - 13,476 topics - 15,947 members - last post @ 21-08-2017 19:21 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

88,920,707 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com