indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > I'm looking for ... > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

maudi30
User
spacer line

So, I try again..hopefully this is the right topicbox (nice to inform a member that the wrong topicbox was chosen, thanks)

Monique Habets
-25 years
-Graduated in ' Talen en culturen van zuidoost aziŽ en oceaniŽ' (language and
culture of souteast Asia and OceaniŽ) at the University of Leiden at the
Netherlands
-Followed a study at Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM) at Yogyakarta
-Worked for Organisatie Nu Yayasan Cindelaras Paritrana at Yogyakarta
-Stays at Yogyakarta (on a 'Sosial Budaya Visa)
-Languages: Dutch, English, Behasa Indonesia & Javanese (Behasa Jawi)

Who can help or advise my sister? Thanks a lot in advance.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

I moved it to the proper subforum now.

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

The one concrete question: What can she do what the Indonesian can't? It costs a fortune for a company to hire a foreigner, so they must be sure she will be worth her value of course.

Her knowlegde of languages may help her is she is fluent in all four, but for the others it's just some boring statistics that most people can give, so that's not of any value now. (of course I understand she is graduated but I'm telling you from another perspective, money to be earned.

HansvdB
User
User icon of HansvdB
spacer line

Al eens gedacht aan (freelance) vertalen? Daar houd ik me in Yogya mee ledig, en ik kom niet om van de armoe.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Please keep this topic in English. There is a Dutch one as well, click on the username for example to see it.

HansvdB
User
User icon of HansvdB
spacer line

OK, dear neighbour, let's see if I can manage... (even though this seems to me a Dutch `onderonsje.' ) What I suggested was, that she could try doing freelance translation jobs. It kept me alive, kicking and rather well off in Yogya for the last twelve years, out of more than fifteen. Of course, the alternative could be setting up an Indonesian portal Emoticon: Smile

ningrum
User
spacer line

aduh mbak maudi,

maybe you can put your CV at www.monsterboard.nl.
they wil contect you as soon as possible

goedluck

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

It's all about guts and nothing about educational background (although it certainly helps when you're a litlle bit more clever then average). Most of us (I mean foreigners/expats) speak fluently Indonesian here (without being graduated in Leiden), so that is nothing special. You have to be a selfmade (wo)man or otherwise ....
And if you want to do social work.... well that's nice as long as you bring in a lot of money (or your labour is cheap), but it is different when you are going to cost a lot of money.

One advice for your sister .... let her stay away as far as possible from the "gondrongs" or "Yogya-cowboys" because as soon as she gets involved with them, it is going to cost her money either loosing all respect from the common Indonesians and then you can forget a decent job cause you will be stigmatized 4ever.
Create your own job like everybody is doing here. Good luck!

pak ronald
User
User icon of pak ronald
spacer line

At the website http://www.werkenbijdeoverheid.nl/
internal jobs are posted as well. Currently there are some translation jobs in East timur (to rough it up)
Furthermore, http://www.vacatureblad.org/ offers some international jobs as well.

Also an option: try to locate the websites of international schools in Indo, and see wether they have job openings.

Ga staan waar geen plek is om te staan.

indahs
User
User icon of indahs
spacer line

Try this website for jobs in Indonesia for foreigners with or without proper bahasa:

http://id.jobsdb.com/ID/EN/V6H(...)ome/default.htm?ID-9

My Dutchie and I keep hoping that someday we can move to Indonesia then make use this link to support him finding proper job!

Veel success!

History does have tendency to repeat itself, it only costs more. (Verleyen)

spacer line  

Wat voor werk je zoekje? Inmiddels ben ik ruim 6 keer in Indonesie geweest. Dus heb enkele kontakten opgebouwd. Ik weet dat er zeker mogelijkheden zijn om nederlands te doceren. Er zijn nederlanders die dit doen, zoals bijvoorbeeld in Menado (Sulawesi). Is dit wat je zoekt? Heb je westerse filosofie in je studiepakket gehad? Ik weet - wel of niet tegen betaling - een
studiecentrum bij Baturade. De leider hiervan is meestal enkele keren per maand in Solo. Hij reist meestal via Jogya.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

This topic is in English, please keep it that way and translate your post. Emoticon: Smile

spacer line  

And now in English. Thank you for your remark Jeroen.

What kind of work you are looking for? In the last years I have visited Indonesia 6 times. So, I have made my contacts. Its possible to teach Dutch.
For example in Manado. Are you also familiar with western Foilosofie?
I know a centre close to Baturaden.The coordinator is once week in Solo.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

77,761,485 topic views - 235,525 posts - 13,700 topics - 26,444 members - last post @ 16-12-2019 09:20 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

126,869,337 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com