indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Sumatera > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

maudi30
User
spacer line

At the beginning of May we would like to travel to Sumatra and stay at the Jungle Inn. Who has been there lately and can recommend us how to reserve a room as we would like to stay at the honeymoon ´suite´(so called). So has anyone an e-mailaddress or phonenumber, do we have to make a reservation and how far in advance?
Further on, I have read all the good information and advise of some regular travellers and got a bit excited of travelling to Tangkahan aswell. But will it be more convinience to travel from Medan or from Bukit Lawang? Hope someone can help me! Thanks a lot! Maudi

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Maudi,
I was in Bukit Lawang in September/October and have a mobile no. that belongs to Jungle Inn. Bahrum is the name of the guy who has the contract for Jungle Inn at the present time.
+6261370730151
If I was you, send them an sms and ask about when you should book.
Please mention my name Pamela from Australia or they might wonder where you got the no.
I am not sure if the no. is in the new Lonely Planet Indonesia 2007out now.
I did not get to stay in the Presidential Suite or 'honeymoon' suite, but I saw it and took some photos which I must put up on the net- it is indeed very beautiful and natural with a touch of sophistication.
I am sure you will love staying there.
Jungle Inn is in an ideal location and the restaurant has the best food whether it be Indonesian family food or western food with a twist.
I used to have lunch often there during my 5 week stay in Bukit Lawang.

In regards to travelling to Tangkahan I went by ojek( motor bike and rider) and it took 2 hrs over really bumpy terrain, but for me it was all part of the adventure.
Cost is at least 100,000 one way because not only for the petrol but for the wear and tear on the motor bike.
If you wish to go by motor bike, I suggest you contact Kevin at Nora's Homestay as he knws the guy who took me down there.
For the return trip there is a guy in Tangkahan who is excellent and his name is Darwis.
The place I loved staying at was Jungle Lodge. With a bit of luck the owners of Jungle Lodge Alex and Sylvia and their darling daughter Elena will be back from Germany by May.
They are a delightful family and Sylvia can take you trekking along the river which is just wonderful.

Jungle Lodge's mobile no. through the satelite so doesn't always work is +6281376334787
I do know a guy in Bukit Lawang Romy who now has a jeep and he may be able to take you down in the jeep, but it will be a much longer trip.
His girl friend Clare is returning to UK at end of February and will be able to email me with lots more details about what Romy is doing re trips to other places outside Bukit Lawang.
If you would like to email me at pamelajoyfugeRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.hotmail.com I will update you on the latest news as soon as I know.

You can get a bus from Medan to Tangkahan, but the trip is over 5 hrs long and again over very rough road- not sure if the road is worse than the one to Bukit Lawang, but can find out for you later from an Aussie guy Paul who did do the trip from Medan t oTangakahan around Idul Fitri last year.
Also Sylvia suggested anyone returning to Medan from Tangakahan, to take the early morning bus because her and Alex know the driver and he is a very good safe driver.
Returning at any other time, in her opinion was not a good idea because she did not know the bus drivers.
Hoping this has been of some help to you.
Pamela Fuge Sydney Australia- who spent 5.5 months travelling in Indonesia in 2006 alone and had the time of my life.
Photo of Alex, Sylvia, Elena and pembantu of Jungle Lodge Tangkahan
travel.webshots.com/photo/2212(...)24500099969701GXbqgx

pPamela
User
spacer line

Here are some recent photos of Bukit Lawang taken in Sept/Oct 2006
groups.msn.com/BukitLawang/buk(...)ang.msnw?albumlist=2
and my album of photos from my 2005 visit to Bukit Lawang including my 2 day trek.travel.webshots.com/album/354912564dvtkJh
Pamela.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

84,149,850 topic views - 240,036 posts - 13,725 topics - 32,690 members - last post @ 10-08-2020 14:02 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

137,293,257 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com