indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jawa / Java > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

On 21-06-2004 10:30 Hilmar wrote:
Desi, I have no problems to be a member of the miked couple organisation but there is no mixed couple relation right now in my life Emoticon: Nooo
So? The MC organisation wont take care of me anymore?

Hil.

Hi there....
Mas Hill..I was in Joyga last week and had a good time. Went to Parangtritis, Marlioboro, Prawirotaman, etc
Also I had a chance to check the house for you and the motorbike... the house is unfurnished, 2 bedroom and 1 bathroom..less than 5 minutes to Yakkum, nice area and safe....

the rental fee for motorbike is rp. 35.000/day. You dont need a special driver license, just show your international driver license (According to the guy who rents the motorbike), and vehicle registration Number (STNK) and give voluntarily Rp 20.000 - 50.000 to the PJR (Police Highway Patrol) so you wont waste your time (no need to argue... >:*

What date exactly you will be in Jogya and for how long?

my access to internet is soooooooo limited..so if you have any questions or need further assistance either sms me or just wait 'til I get back to Atlanta July 19. ( toooo looooooong can't wait to be back he he)

See ya later!
Desi Clark

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

Sorry forgot to mention. I have a contact number of the guy who rents the motorbike (Honda) if you need it.

Membership of Indo-MC is open for people who are interested in learning about the mixed couple matters...and our advisor is a lawyer who can assist you in legal matters while visiting Jakarta if you are in trouble...keep that in mind! He he he....

Take care
Desi Clark

mashil
User
User icon of mashil
spacer line

Hello Desi,
I tried to send a email but you are right, it is not possible.
When do you come back in Atlanta?
Thanx for the info! Emoticon: Worship
Or what is your mobile nr?
Groetjes,
Hilmar.

- Let us live simply so that others may simply live -

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Desi,

Renting a bike forRp 35.000 is for orang bule... Nego until somewhere between Rp 20 rb and Rp 25 rb, of course when you rent it for longer than one day.. hehe..

(ooh, I'll just buy a motorbike next time)

Yerun

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

Yerun...

If you are lucky you can get as low as Rp 10,000...he he he...

Mas Hill.. I will be back home on July 19...I know it is a looong time.. can't wait to pet my puppy!!!

Anything else I can help you with while I am in Jakarta? Call me at 62-21 424 50 44 if it is necessary..(I can't remember my cell phone #)

See ya..
Desi Clark

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Sepp Buys
User
User icon of Sepp Buys
spacer line

Hilmar,

I tried to organize my SIM C the lat week. Depending on where you stay, kecamatan, you have to go to that police station. What you need is a letter of recommendation, someone who is "taken care: of you, so the police can call them if you would have an accident. Further your stay has to be for one year, two or three months is not an option, like in Bali, tourist get their abbccd's and thats it. Further a letter where you stay, hotel, losmen, or otherwise. All a big hassle. In otherwords buy a secondhand motor cycle, a nice vespa, vintage for 400 euro's, drive while you are driving, once you get cought you pay the police 20.000 rupiah's and drive on. But do tell them your licence is under construction

Sepp

mashil
User
User icon of mashil
spacer line

Wauw, A nice vintage Vespa.
Thanks for your advice.
Are you living in Yogya Sepp?

Hilmar.

- Let us live simply so that others may simply live -

Blog Bot
spacer line

If you are already di Indonesia you can buy a drivers licence at the police station, but it is difficult if you do not know any working people there. It depends were you are staying in Indonesia, I used to stay in Middle java, and if they asked me for my DL, I showed them my dutch DL and told them it was an international DL. I speak the language, so they did not dare to discus it!!!!

I tell a lot of stories I have heard elsewhere

remichi
User
User icon of remichi
spacer line

i am also planning to ride a motorcycle in indonesia. i'm going to surabaya for a year to study there. i will get my international license at anwb in netherlands. but i was also planning to get an indonesian license maybe, or is that a waste of money?

will tell my girlfriend to get a motorcycle license anyway, then she might ba able to convert it to a dutch one once we get back.

have been looking on the internet for second hand motorcycles but can't find all that much. is it really not possible in indonesia to buy a shitty second hand bike for say 100 euro's?? i saw a couple of models on www the kelinci 70 would do fine for me. but i don't need a new one, a second hand one for a nice price would do fine. any tips on where to look are always welcome.

Richy
User
User icon of Richy
spacer line

On 14-10-2005 01:05 remichi wrote:
...will tell my girlfriend to get a motorcycle license anyway, then she might ba able to convert it to a dutch one once we get back...

Indonesian driving licences are not interchangeble with Dutch ones (you may guess 1 time why Emoticon: Smile ) ...if she will come back she has to do it all over again...

"Veel mensen hebben een te hoge dunk van wat ze niet zijn, en een te geringe dunk van wat ze wel zijn".

remichi
User
User icon of remichi
spacer line

so its not that if you stay in indonesia for 6 months or more that you can interchange an indonesian license for a dutch one?

is it possible to get driving lessons in indonesia?? then my girlfriend can get a feel of the motorcycle and get the actual license in holland.

one more note, a dutch international license does not have indonesia in its list of member states. but then on the 3rd page of the booklet it does have a page in indonesian...strange...

so buying a motorcycle there is not really an option, because you have to put it on name of an indonesian...which i am not..

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

so buying a motorcycle there is not really an option, because you have to put it on name of an indonesian...which i am not..

I bought one on the name of an Indonesian person a year ago. It's just that you have to trust someone with it. Emoticon: Smile

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

On 14-10-2005 10:30 Jeroen wrote:

I bought one on the name of an Indonesian person a year ago. Its just that you have to trust someone with it. Emoticon: Smile

or he/she trust you. Emoticon: Yes!

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Yeah, that has to be the case as well. Emoticon: Smile

Richy
User
User icon of Richy
spacer line

On 14-10-2005 10:08 remichi wrote:
so its not that if you stay in indonesia for 6 months or more that you can interchange an indonesian license for a dutch one?

Take a look at this website: http://www.rdw.nl/nl/voertuige(...)enlandsrijbewijs.htm

On 14-10-2005 10:08 remichi wrote:
...is it possible to get driving lessons in indonesia?? then my girlfriend can get a feel of the motorcycle and get the actual license in holland...

I never saw a drivingschool which gave motorcycle lessons in Indonesia before. Maybe other members can give you more information about this. I think most of the Indonesians just learn it by themselfs (or from friends or family). At the other hand do you want that your g'friend will learn the basics of driving in Indonesia Emoticon: Confused Isn't it just better to do it the other way around. As i only can speak about driving in Jakarta (car and motorcycle) by myself it is not really a place where you want to start to learn driving a motorcycle. The traffic is way to growded in there... but of course Yogja is way more quiet if you compare this with JKT Emoticon: Wink

"Veel mensen hebben een te hoge dunk van wat ze niet zijn, en een te geringe dunk van wat ze wel zijn".

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

Well, in Yogya there is also no drivingschool for motorbike driving. Actually it's easier to learn driving in Jakarta instead of Yogyakarta with all its ignorant students driving on a motorbike like they've just leaved their kampung on a pushbike (or becak/pedicab). In Jakarta there are still "some" rules in the traffic. But Yogyakarta is pure anarchy (or ignorance, or just stupidity) on the road. Have to drive almost every day here and for me it is a reluctance to drive in an other city. Oh, by the way, before I get the critics as a bule; even a lot of Indonesians are thinking the same as I mention above about anarchy, ignornace and stupidity.

International driving license is much easier and cheaper then trying to get an Indonesian driving license which (for foreigners) is only value for 1 year. Next year you have to buy another one.

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

Also with an international driving license you have to extend yearly but less costly.

geniux
User
spacer line

hmm, so it's possible to buy a driving license in jakarta without taking any lessons?

If so, how much is it and what are the requirements?

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

If you don't have a stay-permit you cannot obtain a driving license. If you still want to get one, you have to bribe at least about Rp. 400.000 for a 1-year driving license. No requirements in this case but only money. Also in a nnormal situation. Driving lessons are not required; you only have to do a test at the police office.

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

Yes, but the requirements and prices that you find on www.expat.or.id are the official (also including extra's) for a driving license when you have a KITAS. Without a KITAS it will cost you at least Rp. 400.000 (if not more) and that is off the records.

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

Geniux ,

As you have read , there are two systems official and not official (illegal).
The traffic in Jakarta is not the same as in Holland.
What do you think what can happened to you if you have an "legal" driverlicense and you get involved in an accident .
(people say in holland : Je bent de LUL)
For the six months you can better pay a taxi.

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

Agung
User
User icon of Agung
spacer line

it's possible to buy a driving license in Jakarta without taking any lessons?
If you pay enough, probably yes, but you'll also probably kill someone or yourself, because the Jakarta traffic requires more than a few lessons.

geniux
User
spacer line

hehe, tnx for your concerns Emoticon: Smile

but i'm not planning to drive in jakarta, too hot and you get tired feet of stepping on the pedals all the time because you're always in a traffic jam Emoticon: Wink

The reason why I asked is because it's very, very expensive to get your license here in holland, so maybe i could "buy" one in indonesia for about 50 euro's and when i get back in holland I can swap it for a dutch one (maybe take an exam but i won't have to take all those expensive lessons)

any people on this forum who have did this?

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

57,025,612 topic views - 226,278 posts - 13,586 topics - 18,062 members - last post @ 22-04-2018 18:44 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2018
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

99,411,560 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com