indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jawa / Java > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

mashil
User
User icon of mashil
spacer line

Hello all,
Does anybody know how a bule can get a driver license for a motorbike in Indonsia?
I have been riding on a motorbike before in Indonesia but I guess when you stay for a longer time, the chances that the police will stop you are getting bigger.
who knows something about this? ( I guess many do! Emoticon: Wink )

- Let us live simply so that others may simply live -

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

You can get your drivers licence for motorbikes in Holland which you can transfer to an international drivers licence for motorbikes. You can use that in Indonesia. It's valid 1 year after issued by the ANWB (yes, ANWB, not the 'gemeentehuis')

My driving experience is that I was only halted in general driverslicence/ ownership checkups around Yogya and on Lombok. Nothing to worry about actually. I didn't even bring my passport and drivers licence once. Emoticon: Clown (and everything was still okay)

Yerun

mashil
User
User icon of mashil
spacer line

On 14-06-2004 10:44 Jeroen wrote:
You can get your drivers licence for motorbikes in Holland which you can transfer to an international drivers licence for motorbikes. You can use that in Indonesia. Its valid 1 year after issued by the ANWB (yes, ANWB, not the gemeentehuis)

My driving experience is that I was only halted in general driverslicence/ ownership checkups around Yogya and on Lombok. Nothing to worry about actually. I didnt even bring my passport and drivers licence once. Emoticon: Clown (and everything was still okay)

Yerun

Yerun, I don't have a drivers license for motorbikes yet in Holland, I only have my car drivers license. I there still something possible on the way you subcribe?

Hilmar.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 14-06-2004 11:43 Hilmar wrote:
[...]

Yerun, I dont have a drivers license for motorbikes yet in Holland, I only have my car drivers license. I there still something possible on the way you subcribe?

Hilmar.

According to the law (in Indonesia) it's not allowed to use a motorbike on your Dutch car-licence.. officially that is Emoticon: Wink

Tijl.
User
spacer line

You can get it with a package of butter.....(it's a very funny Dutch joke).

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

You can buy one in Indonesia for app. 300.000 rupiahs. There is no test. One of my staffmembers did it recently. But he is Indonesian. I don't know if it is that easy for foreigners. What I know is that in touristic places (like Bali) the motorbike rental agency can arrange it for you.

mashil
User
User icon of mashil
spacer line

Ok. That sounds that it will not be very hard to arrange, I'm thinking of buying a motorbike while I stay for 12 months in Indonesia. I will bring that package of butter with me Emoticon: Wink

rosetine
User
spacer line

helo mas hil, this is me again.if u want to stay at yogya only 1 year??why u have to buy a motorcycle??2 years ago, my friends have been rent a motor for 6 month.u need not licence coz u can use ur passeport thre, the police at indonesia is not sticke like bali, but if u are really need a licence, i will give u information soo, see u, n always smileeeee Emoticon: Shiny

mashil
User
User icon of mashil
spacer line

Hello Rose,
Maybe you are right, and is it silly to buy a motorbike, but I thought that it maybe would be more cheap to buy a secondhand motorbike instead of renting one for one year, but I have to find it out,
Is a passport really enough ???

Sepp Buys
User
User icon of Sepp Buys
spacer line

Hillmar,

Get to know a local who knows the police for 150.000 rupiah and a fingerprint you are the proud owner of a 5 years drivers licence C. Convert this into an international one costs 500.000 rupiah and u can drive any where in the world.
A motorcycle second hand scooter viaggio costs 3.000.000 rupiah

Sepp

rosetine
User
spacer line

helo hilman, don't worry u can use ur passeport there. for 1 month u can pay maybe 500.000-600.000, u can negoisation for that.
if u buy a motorcycle , at 1998-2003, maybe u have to pay 7.,000.000. depend the years ya.
last year my friend from spain bougth a motor, almost 8.000.000 at 1998. so my advice is better of u to rent a motorcycle. i will give u another information soon ya. good day Emoticon: Shiny

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

Its been 5 years I have been driving my car in jakarta without a SIM.....ssssssssssssssssh...hope no cops here.....

Rgds
Aliakbar

www Jakarta through the Eyes of an Expat

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

bad you Emoticon: Wink

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

why am i considered bad ......for that....Its a perfect example for a proverb RULES ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN !!

www Jakarta through the Eyes of an Expat

mashil
User
User icon of mashil
spacer line

On 17-06-2004 18:15 aliakbar wrote:
why am i considered bad ......for that....Its a perfect example for a proverb RULES ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN !!

Well, explain that to the police Emoticon: Confused
In the 5 year you drive your car you have never been stopped by the police?

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

Ali always passes policemen in the night, thinking they are ghosts! I guess they think the same of Ali, that is why he is never stopped. There is that funny story of the American ambassador who did not want to drive anymore in a car with a CD-numberplate. According to him he would be to vulnerable to terrorist attacks (see other discussion). So he drove around in a car with a normal numberplate. But he got fed up with that because he was always stopped by the police. A buleh in a car is off course easy bate for some corruptive police piracy!

LelyCabe
User
spacer line

alo mas Hill, i think you can get driving lisence, and it more save for you, cause you will stay longer more than one year in indonesia. you can get the lisence it's cheap, for bike, you can get it, about 150 ribu rupiah, and for car you can get for about 200 ribu rupiah, as long as you have passport of course.. and if you have international driving lisence I think you don't need yo make driving lisence locally. juts if you want, maybe you want it as collection hehehe... hope that information worth for you. Emoticon: Bye bye

LelyCabe
User
spacer line

dear Ali,
you are bad example, hope no police here, you must think that you can pay the police on the way, cause you know much about indonesia, but you must also know that not all the police you can buy. just be aware oke.. Emoticon: Bye bye

LelyCabe
User
spacer line

all people..
maybe you are lucky, but not all the time you will be lucky..
but it's nice you can spend money for police as personally, to help out on this way, khekeke.. but is this educated way? well, we have to think about it.. Emoticon: Bye bye

Sepp Buys
User
User icon of Sepp Buys
spacer line

Hilmar,

The oficial way is as follows. You need some person or organization, company you guaranties your safety. This means that if you would have an accident the police can contact them. You need a KITA (Identity Card for Foreigners) a lettre from the POA (Polisi Orang Asing). And about 200-250.000 Rupiah. Than it will take approximately 2 weeks before you will get your license. This all in Jogjakarta and Java.

On Bali you simply go to a warong with a pasphoto and your passport and voila. But as mentioned above, with bribary and good looks you can try to arrange it otherwise. I just go to Bali a return ticket during the weekend (high season) "only" 80 euro. during the week "low season" 40 Euro.

Sepp

mashil
User
User icon of mashil
spacer line

Thank you very much for this clear info, I really appreciate.

Hilmar

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

Dear Mas Hill,

If you are a member of Indo-MC organization, you will be well taken care!

www.indo-mc.com

Desi Clark

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

mashil
User
User icon of mashil
spacer line

Desi, I have no problems to be a member of the miked couple organisation but there is no mixed couple relation right now in my life Emoticon: Nooo
So? The MC organisation won't take care of me anymore?

Hil.

folke
User
spacer line

Hilmar,
On Bali, at the Policestation on Jl.Seruni,15 min walk from
Statiun Kereneng you can get a drivinglicense at about 30000-
40000 The test answers are BCCACACCCCCCACBCABABAA.
if the test is still to difficult they will help you.
This information is from the book Emoticon: Red face EISBOEK-JAVA en BALI by
Bill Dalton,original titel:Indonesia Handbook.(1995)
He didnot write where this policestation is,in Denpasar maybe.
(ask a taxidriver)
Good Luck.
Folke.

mashil
User
User icon of mashil
spacer line

Thanks Folke, this adress is for Java-Yogyakarta? Because that is were I will stay.

ps. Do they always use the same test? Emoticon: Stupid

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

53,515,932 topic views - 224,969 posts - 13,551 topics - 17,186 members - last post @ 18-01-2018 21:48 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2018
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

95,035,199 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com