indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jakarta, the Big Durian > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line  

well, guys,
What do you think of Jakarta today? well, it was very very very tiring...I hope that the flood will be over soon.....

warm Regards,

WJ

lopulisa
User
User icon of lopulisa
spacer line

nothing special really, the floods in the capital is an annual appearance, the government is posted about the problem, so.....try to make the best of the situation.....right??!! Emoticon: Wink

Laysa Lopulisa

kiwimave
User
User icon of kiwimave
spacer line

The same story over and over again...corrupt gouvernment officials who are too lazy to take preventive measures and citizens throwing all their garbage in the canals: this is the result

Gracias. Sama sama

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

It happened before and it will happen again. Emoticon: Smile

Lucky for me I don't live there, a little bit of water in the streets is nothing out of the ordinary for me too, but up to three meter of water is something different of course.

Veer01
User
User icon of Veer01
spacer line

I just saw the pictures of Jakarta now on www.planet.nl and see it is severe this time,worse every year.Got news from Jakarta that the family lives upstairs and water 2 meters in the houses.When will the world wake up and start doing something about the global warming???Cause it's allready said that all the lower countries including Holland,will face these troubles in the near future.Money is not enough,you can't bye off nature right? Emoticon: Nooo

derrick
User
User icon of derrick
spacer line

Veer,

I agree with you that global warming has its effect on the global climate. However I do think that also some other factors contribute to this misery.
  • Insufficient waterdrainage channels. The city has expanded tremendously, unfortunately the waterdrainage system hasn't.
  • Old sewerage system which often gets clogged due to the fact that people use it dump trash.
  • Excessive deforestation. Thanks to this the capacity of the soil to absorb water has deteriorated.

The Government has failed to address this problems in an appropriate manner. In 2002 Jakarta was plagued by floods too, lots of plans were announced, only part of these plans have been realized.

• Veer01
    User
    User icon of Veer01
    spacer line

Derrick..that's a long time ago.I wonder if they know the program in Indonesia. Emoticon: Red face

Yerun
    User
    User icon of Yerun
    spacer line

The situation seems to get worse by the hour Emoticon:

dirgantara
    User
    spacer line

A integrated sewer and sanitation system have been constructed in the 80's of the last century. The Manggarai, Setiabudi and Tebet area functioned as a pilot project.

But till today no sewer system was constructed in the other areas. The with much publicity to be constucted Banjir Kanal Timur project is outdated. It is from the 1930's of the last century. During these days the Banjir Kanal Timur could have easily coped with the amount of excessive water. But now with Jakarta's increasing population and large amounts of concrete the future canal is far from sufficient to deal with the increaing amounts of water.
    To solve the problem Jakarta has to create a lot more green zones, an integrated trash system and a sewer system. But it will take 20 years before these projects could be finished.

For a technocratic Indonesia with foreign investors but not foreign owned Indonesian companies

dirgantara
    User
    spacer line

For more information take a look at the Perusahaan Air Limba
    websites: www.paljaya.com or http://paljaya.jakarta.go.id

For a technocratic Indonesia with foreign investors but not foreign owned Indonesian companies

michelle
    User
    User icon of michelle
    spacer line

I'm going for a trip from Hong Kong to Jakarta Feb. 22th to 25th. But really don't know whether I should cancel this trip for the city seems pretty messy right now affected by the flood. Would be appreciated if anybody could update me the situation of the city, especially the international Airport, and also the JW Marriott Jakarta which I'm gonna to stay with. Thank you
    Emoticon: Worship

heliumhead
    User
    spacer line

The president is invisible, the floods are getting worse and worse and all the officials are blaming eacht other! Where is all the money from oil and gas export going? Maybe instead of putting all this money and more in your pocket it is time to finally get you act together and do something or does the government honestly believe the people in the street are just gonna swallow year after year the lies they are told?? Remember when was it '98?? I can see it happen again, but maybe I am the only one!!

Albert
    User
    User icon of Albert
    spacer line

On 07-02-2007 10:23 heliumhead wrote:
    or does the government honestly believe the people in the street are just gonna swallow year after year the lies they are told?? Remember when was it 98?? I can see it happen again, but maybe I am the only one!!

No but the people are afraid of the Goverment who know some the they suddenly dissapear?? Wake up in a dark hole, beaten, kicked, etc. This is not Holland.

SBY might be choosen democratic but that is all what is democratic in this country.
    And also SBY does not rule the country.

Also in the amry a General can' t do anything if his officiers don't want to cooperate. Give wrong info.......

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
    If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

76,819,210 topic views - 234,905 posts - 13,695 topics - 25,622 members - last post @ 13-11-2019 20:28 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
    Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

125,615,045 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com