- Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Sulawesi > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line

Hi to you all,

During my trans sulawesi trip I want to go to the Togean Island. After reading some books I intend to stay at Kadidiri Island.
But shortly I've heard some negative stories about the state of the coral out there. They advised me to go to Island Retreat near Bomba.

We are not divers, but we like to do some snorkeling, swimming and relaxing.

Can anyone advise us where to go?
Which is the best place to stay:

- Kadidiri Paradise Resort
- Black Marlin
- Island Retreat

or others?

spacer line

Hi tigah!

I was on Kadidiri for three weeks last February and no words are to describe that place. The snorkelling that starts 60 cm from shore and as far as the pretty jetty goes. Lots of fish and pretty colorful corals, no trace of dead corals what I could see.
Paradise or Black Marlin, thats a question of taste, Paradise has worn but charming wooden bungalows and some more modern ones and the beach is more spacious. Three multi-dish meals a day are included in the price wich when I was there was 110,000 Rs for the smaller bungalow.
Black Marlin has more stylish stone bungalows but a little cramped and the sun sets earlier because of the mountain.
Check it out when you get there, better not book promising anything in advance.
For Island Retreat Iīm not sure, has only been there a couple of hours and it seemed nice but herad they have loads of mosqitos as there are swamps behind the resort. Not as secluded as Kadidiri but the next island from Kadidiri seen (donīt remember the name) was awesome if you donīt want to do anything but relax. You can see that island from Bomba and the fisherman family living there have a few bungalows.
Another place is Taipee Island, has bungalows run by Paradise but not open all year round. Picture perfect island. 10 min by boat and the dive boat usually drops you off there in the morning if you like. Snorkel around the island and crash on the beach for a couple of hours, wonderful exercise.

If you donīt dive, get your certificate there!! The dive spots are absolutely top class and the B-24 bomber wreck has to be seen.

Well, enjoy your time there, itīs hard not to! =)

/Kalle Sweden

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

55,954,027 topic views - 225,948 posts - 13,579 topics - 17,726 members - last post @ 22-03-2018 17:44 CET

Created by · feedback & contact · © 2000-2018
Other websites by · · ·

98,053,673 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at