indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (3 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line  

Hi there, I was enquiring some information about trekkings in west papua (Irian Jaya) but It seems to be quite difficult to find appropriate information. Information I find is that it is either really expensive, or not possible. What is the best starting point? Biak, sorong , or Jayapura. I would love to trek especially the undiscovered area's and could you just go there and book something locally??

spacer line  

could somebody correct my typing error in the TT ?

LelyCabe
User
spacer line

hello there,
you mean Papua, am I right?

if that so....
well, I never been to Papua, just watch it from some tv program and media. Really interesting if I could see the nature there one day.
Just advice, you can visit this site jejakpetualang.tv7.co.id/event.php and contact them about information or travel tips, cause they have experience how to get there. This was from one of private TV program in Indonesia about adventure travelling.

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

On 27-01-2007 08:41 bloodhoundfromhell wrote:
Hi there, I was enquiring some information about trekkings in west papua (Irian Jaya) but It seems to be quite difficult to find appropriate information. Information I find is that it is either really expensive, or not possible. What is the best starting point? Biak, sorong , or Jayapura. I would love to trek especially the undiscovered areas and could you just go there and book something locally??

Fellow Forum Member (yth.) have you tried the 'search-function' of this forum first ...... sometimes you would be suprised !!!

Do not try inventing the wheel; if it is already invented ...... sometimes also avaliable with Irian with/or Jaya.

'Ahu kura ahia, mansia nia'

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 27-01-2007 08:43 bloodhoundfromhell wrote:
could somebody correct my typing error in the TT ?

changed Emoticon: Smile

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi,
Have you had a look at Lazslo's information linked website on Lonely Planet Thorn Tree when he posts.
members.virtualtourist.com/m/2e789/667/
Pamela

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

Pam yth.,

" ..... thanks Pam, nice site ..... "

pPamela
User
spacer line

Yes, Laszlo Hunwagner has a beautiful site, beautiful photos and very well written.
If the Original Poster wants to post on Lonely Planet Thorn Tree -South East Asia Islands - Indonesia with questions on West Papua I am sure Laszlo will be very happy to answer your questions.
Pamela.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

88,152,038 topic views - 240,776 posts - 13,734 topics - 34,296 members - last post @ 25-01-2021 21:57 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2021
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

143,644,360 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com