indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

Hi there folks,

I want to buy a Laptop in Jogya, can anybody tell me where is the good area for it. I heared there is a electronic area? Or am I wrong.

Further more what are good brands (Merk) in Indonesia for a Laptop to be used for Internet and buisiness.
OK, I know H.P. is good but what els. So many brands different then in Holland.
I am looking for one between 10 and 20 juta.
Prosessor at least 2,5 GHz. Because is is always slower then a normal PC.

Thanks for the help.

Albert

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

'Ahu kura ahia, mansia nia'

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

Albert,

Just a few weeks ago I bought an Acer. A simple one, lower than your specifications, but it cost me 8.5 jt including Windows XP (legal one) and delivery service to home (ooh well, it's a friend who arranged everything).

He has his own shop in Ramai Mal, third floor is JKM Jogja Komputer Market. There is enough available against regular prices. This is also one of the best-known places for buying computers/laptops.

There is a new multimedia center along Jl. Parangtritis, but since it's opening early last year it didn't attract many visitors as well as shop owners. It's too expensive people say.

kiwimave
User
User icon of kiwimave
spacer line

On 26-01-2007 13:43 Albert wrote:
Hi there folks,

I want to buy a Laptop in Jogya, can anybody tell me where is the good area for it. I heared there is a electronic area? Or am I wrong.

Further more what are good brands (Merk) in Indonesia for a Laptop to be used for Internet and buisiness.

Thanks for the help.

Albert

2 things Albert:

In my experience Dell is still the best brand as it is the most durable. There have been many tests which showed that if you drop a typical Dell Laptop from 1 meter high, in 90% the laptop is still working completely, and HP and Asus are doing a worse job in those tests.

Hey and about the processor speed: this is no longer considered important as the new generation of processors are dual core, which typically operate around 1600mhz and are much much faster then old 2500mhz single core processor. I have a dual core myself and I never want to go back to single core computers. Just read this for background information. http://www.intel.com/products/processor/coreduo/

I think you're quite stupid if u dont choose a new laptop with such a new generation processor.

Gracias. Sama sama

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

Just back from Holland. Bought an Acer 3681 WXMi (specifications on the Acer website) for 554 EURO (including Windows XP). A real one. I doubt you can get it for the same price in Yogya, and if..... probably a lot of original parts inside are already changed with inferior copy-parts.

The electronic mall in Jl. Brigjen Katamso (not Jl. Parangtritis Yerun) is a failure. You don't have to go there; waste of time.
I bought years ago an Acer laptop at Computa at Jl. Cik Ditiro, one of the most wellknown places in Yogya..... but it showed out a miserable buy. Good be just bad luck.... Ramai is okay Yerun but I doubt the quality. And don't trust the smile; I'm even recently cheated by my handyman/computershop who I trusted already for years (it's even my neighbour).
Sorry Yerun and Albert, but I would advise you not to buy a laptop in Yogya (and in Indonesia). You simply can't trust any shop that somebody hasn't changed some parts inside.
By the way, the next week there's a computer expo in Yogya. If you're clever enough with laptops then you can give it a try.

Kiwimave, it's true that Dell is a good branch one but (almost) not available in Indonesia. If you want to buy a PC or laptop you need to buy yourself a branchname which is known overhere otherwise you have big problems in case you have to repair one. Either the spareparts aren't available, or the handyman is not capable of repairing cause he doesn't know the type (had this experience also already).

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

YB, you are right.. Jl. Parangtritis doesn't start there, that's only after the traffic lights to the south. But that keeps it a failure obviously. Emoticon: Wink

For now I still have the feeling I got a good (original) Acer. Maybe I'll open the covers next week to have a look at the parts. I can understand you don't trust a lot of people when such frauds happen.

I will surely bring a visit to the Computer expo.. Generally I hop in to take a look around for some stuff, but the quality of the most cheap products really sucks. But when paying 5 euro for a keyboard you can expect that, when paying for a laptop with original parts, you should get that of course and nothing else.

papaya
User
User icon of papaya
spacer line

Hi Albert, I still have a notebook for sale: Toshiba Satellite, 15' monitor, Intel[R] 1,8 Ghz, 75 GB hd, 256 MB, only 10 months old. In very good condition. All modern technology inside. In the price are included: Two very small and fast cdma modems for fast and cheap internet connection.
Price 900 Euro, I bought it for 1500. (Yogya-Solo) tel: 08882718303 Hope to hear from you soon.

" rel="nofollow">

Happiness is not a destination, it's a Way of Living

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

Papaya,

Why you wish to get rit of it?

And in 10 months lower its price with 600E?

Groetjes,

Albert

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

papaya
User
User icon of papaya
spacer line

Hi Albert,

I don't need it anymore and I need some cash.

M.v.g. Papaya

Happiness is not a destination, it's a Way of Living

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

On 26-01-2007 13:43 Albert wrote:
Hi there folks,

Thanks for the help.
Albert

Alberto yth. have you already found what you have been looking for .... I came accross this INDOnesian website .....

'Ahu kura ahia, mansia nia'

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

49,266,143 topic views - 221,735 posts - 13,476 topics - 15,942 members - last post @ 20-08-2017 20:04 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

88,888,667 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com