indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

I am looking for a internet provider who offers internet through GPRS unlimited (download). But with a reasonable speed.

I just had somebody in my house showed GPRS internet from XL. but that is even slower then Flexi.
XL= 28-40 Kbps
Flexi = 50 Kbps

But with Flexi you need to pay per downloaded Kb.
And from XL = 3,6 juta/year and even if you internet 24 hours a day.
The price does not change. Sort of ADSL.

But Flexi is with a lot of browsing bloody Mahal. And XL is bloody slow. Emoticon: Smile

Does anybody knows a better system. Which is also available in central Java.

The fast system 3G is not yet in my area.

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

pPamela
User
spacer line

Look I have no idea about Internet in Indonesia, except when I was in East Java last year there was an internet cafe in Jember that had Speedy- it seemed very fast.
But i guess if you have done your homework you will already know about this one.
Pamela.

papaya
User
User icon of papaya
spacer line

Hi Albert,

Try this: http://www.mobile-8.com/fren/

Al you need is a notebook and a cdma modem or cdma HP. It's one of the fastest isp's for wireless internet.

Good luck.

Happiness is not a destination, it's a Way of Living

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

I tried Fren in the last four months in Yogya. Complete crap it was, so I kicked it out again. Too often it simply didn't work, outside the fact that it was damn slow most of the time when it was actually working.

Fren says they cover Java and Bali, but with this speed, it's nice to make a phone call with them, not to be used for internet if you ask me.

Now I use XL 3G. Fast enough and in one month only 1 day that it was not working. Pretty nice if I may say so. And that for the same price as Fren (500.000 per month ex PPN) I know there also are smaller 'deals' available, but I tend to use internet a lot Emoticon: Puh!

papaya
User
User icon of papaya
spacer line

Yerun,

Fren is fast if you use a USB external modem. If you use a handphone it's slow. Maybe in Yogya there's many users, because there's many students. how much you pay for XL 3G?

Happiness is not a destination, it's a Way of Living

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

On 19-01-2007 00:29 pPamela wrote:

But i guess if you have done your homework you will already know about this one.
Pamela.

Yep.

It is not yet in Jepara. Although for many months the advertise about it still nobody knows when.............?

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

Hun web-site zit zo bordevol met zware reclame dat het zeer langzaam laad.
Dat is voormij al geen goed teken.
Eens kijken of het in Jepara kan.

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

Dat Fren internet betaal ik per minuut of betaal ik per gedownloade Kb, of betaal ik een vast tarief per maand. Hun site is veels te langzaam, daarom de vraag.

Merci.

Jantje
User
spacer line

Verledenjaar heeft iemend in het Novotel haar "Fren" gedemonstreerd. De ontvangst werd regelmatig onderbroken en transport was zeer langszaam.
Abonnement voor 1 GB per maand Rp. 500.000 en voor de "minimax" modem betaalde ze 3 jt.

[/URL]

zieleffe
User
User icon of zieleffe
spacer line

Wat is dit voor een apparaat?
Je hebt het wel op zijn kop geplaatst een wieleress die ontvangt ergens de modem, Emoticon: Shiny of is het gelijk een modem, met aansluiting op telefoon verbinding? Emoticon: Wink Emoticon: Confused

Verdediging is de ruiter van kritiek--- *O* --,Het doel heiligt de middelen

Jantje
User
spacer line

Ome Ziel,

Het is een soort radio ontvanger die je aansluit op een usb-poort van je PC of notebook. Niet om aan te sluiten op de telefoon. Het lijkt aardig maar is afhankelijk van de ontvangst. En die was op deze plek niet zo best.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Okay, back to English again, thanks Emoticon: Smile

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

Fren you can pay per kB, 2 Rupiah, or per month a fixed amount For example 500.000 Rupiah is 1.000 MB free data. What you use more than the limit ( doubt you can, because it was too slow here as told earlier) you pay that 2 rupiah again.

There are also smaller packets available, but I don't remember the size and price of that.

marthuis99
User
spacer line

I use starone (cdma) for 150.000 Rp amonth for 1 GB
quality reasonable , now and then i can use voip with delays , but it works
to check the usage i use the ICC program
in my area is no 3 G available
somebody has better experiance ?
martin

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

52,066,901 topic views - 224,492 posts - 13,535 topics - 16,959 members - last post @ 13-12-2017 15:01 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

93,340,918 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com