indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Sulawesi > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

nienke
User
spacer line

Hello,

My name is Nienke and I am guru at SMU Lokon, in Tomohon, a small Kampung (village) nearby Manado. I have been here now for two months and I'm going to stay for one year. As I have noticed from the forum and travel agency's Sulawesi is not very popular for tourists. Though a visit to national park Bunaken is definately wonderfull. I've make some dives there and I am going to make a lot more for sure! Also you can make trips to the volcano's, the lakes and the villages by benji, horse or busses. It's a beautifull coutry for the nature-lovers. Well, in case someone travels my direction and you need some information, feel free to contact.

Greetings Miss Nienke

ReneH
User
spacer line

Hoi Nienke,

I agree with you completely. Sulawesi, and North-Sulawesi in peticular, has so much to offer.
I certainly want to get in touch with you, but not for the touristic part there (I travel the last 4 years in North Sulawesi) but for your job seeking succes in Tomohon. I am looking for a job in that region too, and would love to hear about your experiences, how you found it and handled it. So hopefully till a soon reply.
By the way, I am travelling to Manado again on july 1st.
See ya, RenÚ from Amsterdam

stijn
User
spacer line

I know this topic is about North Sulawesi, but maybe when it's save I wan't to visit central/south sulawesi as well. Is it save yet? I heard something about canadian workers of a mine threatened there? Is it save for travellers? Or would I better go to some place else?

Salam hangat, Stijn

nienke
User
spacer line

Hoi Rene,

As you are from the Netherlands we could talk Dutch, I hope you don't mind chatting in English for now. So you're very familiar with the area right.. What kind of job are you looking for, if your English is good, you could join me, helping me out with the teaching? I go to Java the 22 of June and return also to Manado the first of July, maybe we catch the same flight hahaha. If you want to contact me you can reach me at SMU LOKON, Tomohon. You can call or just visit the school. Also you can reach me by mail: nienkeopreisRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.hotmail.com

nienke
User
spacer line

Hello Stijn,
I'm sorry to tell you that I'm not sure about the South part of Sulawesi. But I do know it's more dangerous than up here. I am also planning on going there to visit the Toradja's. If I find information I'll let you know! Are you in Sulawesi now?
greetings Nienke

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Nienke,

if you want to speak Dutch, please open a new topic in the dutch subform

Yerun

nienke
User
spacer line

hey jeroen, dank je voor de tip,
groeten uit tomohon Emoticon: Bye bye

ReneH
User
spacer line

Hi Nienke,

Thanks for the e-mail. Yeah maybe we will take the same flight.
Were you go in Java because I probably fly from Surabaya to Manado on juli 1st. Haven't booked yet though.
Certainly come visit you in Tomohon. Which street is your school? At the main street, passed the former pasar street (which leads to the busstation)?
Ciao RenÚ

spacer line  

Hallo Nienke,

are you still on this forum? i see the last entry was over one year ago. i am SO interested to get in touch with people working in Minahasa region as that is my dream but i am having so many difficulties trying to find contacts for a job and i won't go without one organised as i don't have enough money to back me up!!! Emoticon: Nooo Emoticon: Nooo
hope someone out there can help. I'm half dutch and half english so reply in whichever language you want.
Haartelijk bedankt
Gillian xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nienke
User
spacer line

hello gillian, it has been one year already and Im back in the netherlands at the moment. The school Ive been working for has a new teacher but perhaps they still want you too. You can ask the person that will go there, maybe she can help you further. Her adress is: herrie18Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.hotmail.com
Good luck

spacer line  

Nienke,
thanks-i'm so happy you replied. i would love to know which company you went with and how things were organised for you by them (if thats how you did it) i'm planning on moving to holland next june and so if you know of any companies that organise these things i would appreciate the help. did you enjoy it?how much were you paid?how was accommodation arranged?thank you for herries email. i'll contact her.
thanks again xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bazziman
User
spacer line

vroonie
User
spacer line

Hi Nienke, are you a guru as in yoga intructor? If so can you tell me more?
vroonieusRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.yahoo.com dutch or english zoals je wilt Emoticon: Yes!

Hakuna Matata

vroonie
User
spacer line

Hmmmmm, just noticed the dates on this topic....

Hakuna Matata

aanundson
User
spacer line

Hi Nienke,

I just got back from teaching English and Drama in Thailand. I visited Bali for a month and loved it. I'm really interested in working (and diving) in Sulawesi. Can you please tell me more about your experiences there and the school that you worked at? Any suggestions for places to work there?

Thanks a million!

- Alissa

On 10-06-2004 01:24 nienke wrote:
Hello,

My name is Nienke and I am guru at SMU Lokon, in Tomohon, a small Kampung (village) nearby Manado. I have been here now for two months and Im going to stay for one year. As I have noticed from the forum and travel agencys Sulawesi is not very popular for tourists. Though a visit to national park Bunaken is definately wonderfull. Ive make some dives there and I am going to make a lot more for sure! Also you can make trips to the volcanos, the lakes and the villages by benji, horse or busses. Its a beautifull coutry for the nature-lovers. Well, in case someone travels my direction and you need some information, feel free to contact.

Greetings Miss Nienke

Jesses
User
User icon of Jesses
spacer line

I'm sure it's a really nice experience to work as a teacher in Indonesia. However, with regards to the socio-economic situation in Indonesia, I wish that people were less enthousiastic about working in Indonesia (or any "less fortunate" country for that matter).

I know from my own experience that schools in Indonesia appreciate foreign teachers very much (whether they are qualified or not). They make their schools look good. However, whenever a foreigner accepts a job as a teacher (or whatever), a (qualified) autochton is denied this job opportunity...

Groet,

Hugo

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

58,012,060 topic views - 226,728 posts - 13,596 topics - 18,343 members - last post @ 22-05-2018 14:58 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2018
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

100,599,821 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com