indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Bali, the island of the Gods > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (3 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line  

I am looking for old photo's like from the period 1900-1940 of bali or indonesia in general. Does anyone know where I can find them?

I am also interested to know if there is a book that can explain me the hindu-religion and customs on bali.

Oud worden op bali? www.whitedolphins.nl or www.whitedolphins.net

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

There are some websites that have these kind of photos
Check out for instance www.nationaalarchief.nl (or the subsite www.beeldbank.nationaalarchief.nl). My icon is one of the photos on this site

Gede-Pasek
User
User icon of Gede-Pasek
spacer line

spacer line  

Hi Bert,

Lees je meestal in een ander forum. Had je link al eerder ontdekt, maar kan ik de foto's ook downloaden, kopen of iets dergelijks??

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Rien,

Can you please stick to the language of the topic? Thanks.

Yerun

bagusdewe
User
spacer line

On 04-08-2004 21:39 Jeroen wrote:
Rien,

Can you please stick to the language of the topic? Thanks.

Yerun

>Agree with you Jeroen

Emoticon: Yes! Emoticon: Bye bye Emoticon: Smile Emoticon: Smile Emoticon: Smile Emoticon: Smile

spacer line  

OK, sorry.

Hi Bert,

Mostly I read about you in another forum. Did discover this link already. But is it possible to buy or downlaod these pics?

Gede-Pasek
User
User icon of Gede-Pasek
spacer line

Well downloading is allways possible, buying the pictures is another story. Those vintage pictures (not mine) as an original are very expensive. SOme of the top pieces are trading for prices around 100.000 USD I have heard.

hanmel
User
spacer line

Of course I have very old pictures (B/W) from 1900-1950 uit Indonesia while I lived there because my dad was chief of a copra plantation on Halmahera. But what do you want those pictures for?
HanMel
hanmelRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.keyaccess.nl

spacer line  

Don't want the originals. New prints are fine. Yust to phrame them and to hang them on the walls in my office.

HorasBatak
User
User icon of HorasBatak
spacer line

If you want to find old pictures and streetnames in Semarang, take a look at
www.Semarang.nl
This site is presented in English -Indonesian -Dutch.
You will also find a link to Internet-Radio Gajahmada Semarang.

I wish you a lot of viewing and listning pleasure.
Emoticon: Shiny Emoticon: Shiny Emoticon: Shiny Emoticon: Shiny

Kepala botak tapi dengan otak

ameland
User
User icon of ameland
spacer line

To get into Bali customs read Sekala and Niscala. These can be obtained on Bali

Belum kawin

MarcoM
User
spacer line

Rien,

Have a look at "Bali 1912" from Gregor Krause: ISBN 981-4097-00-4 (hardback) or 981-4097-01-2 (limp). This book contains about 114 pictures of how Bali looked in 1912. If you are looking for some pictures in particulair, just let me know.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

86,765,161 topic views - 240,493 posts - 13,734 topics - 34,011 members - last post @ 25-11-2020 16:35 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

141,438,434 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com