indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > In the news > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (3 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

BlogBlot
User
spacer line

Number of foreign tourists to Indonesia down 4.60 %
The number of foreign tourists visiting Indonesia between January and November 2006 dropped by 4.60 percent compared to that in the same period of the previous year, head of the Central Bureau of Statistics (BPS) Rusman Heriawan said. Foreign tourists visiting Indonesia through 13 gates between January and November, 2006, numbered 3,59 million or decreased by 4.60 percent compared to 3.76 million in 2005, Rusman said here Tuesday.
Continue reading , click the title

kiwimave
User
User icon of kiwimave
spacer line

Well many reasons to give of course: natural disasters, fundamentalism and terrorist attacks, inability to effectively market this country overseas (even though Indonesia is probably the most beautiful and diverse country in this world, most people dont know anything about Indonesia exept tsunami and bom bali), counterproductive visa regulations...

But the good thing is that in Indonesia mass-tourism is almost unheard of, like in Thailand (or more recently, Malaysia).

Gracias. Sama sama

andre
User
spacer line

For sale: Lonely planet Indonesia $ 5,-.

Also willing to trade for LP Thailand Emoticon: Bye bye

andre
User
spacer line

So... how would you market Indonesia? Special packages with Garuda? Create a "visa-free zone" on Bali? Organize a "let's rebuild the Prambanan"-event?

Ideas anyone?

Martinus
User
spacer line

We all know fundamentalism and also terrorist attacks isn't an Indonesian problem, but a world problem.
Government must make a lot of publicity for this lovely country, because fortunate Indonesia is bigger than alone Bali.
I think a visa isn't so a problem besides.

pPamela
User
spacer line

I believe one of the major problems for the drop in tourism would the travel warnings, against going to Indonesia from most of the Western countries, like Australia ( where I live), America, Canada and U.K.
And the visa situation is ridiculous and is definitely a problem- it has been discussed many times on Lonely Planet Thorn Tree since the introduction of the shorter paid V.O.A
Up until about 3 yrs ago a traveller could get a free 60 days visa on arrival in Indonesia. Now you only get 30 days, and have to pay for it. Any longer stay means one has to organise a 60 day visa outside the country.
I met many travellers on m y last trip of 5.5 months who had arrived in Indonesia on the spur of the moment and had no idea about visas.
To say they were disappointed that they only had 30 days to see such a huge spread out country.
The Government most definitely needs to relook at the visa situation and maybe grant 60-90 day V.O.A.
Pamela.

Philo
User
User icon of Philo
spacer line

VISA ... I went twice in 2006 to indonesia, the first time 29 days , the second time 27 only,, i got a sad remark from "immigrasi" twice when leaving this beautiful country. The firs one he call his colleagues show the visa expiration and laugh soundly because it was only one day left. The second one was .. are you only travelling in indonesia ? .. I respond:"for sure not , but YOU are the only one requesting a visa" then he close my passport and not add anything else. I will travel again to indonesia at least twice a year... maybe more .. 90 day would be a great thing.
Emoticon: Bye bye

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

What did you do to get remarks like that? I'm in and out the country every once in a while and just last week I even got a friendly smile (because the guy who gave me the exit stamp also gave me the entry stamp again the next day.)

Ho Lee Fuk

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

86,718,235 topic views - 240,492 posts - 13,734 topics - 34,010 members - last post @ 23-11-2020 18:52 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

141,391,253 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com