indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jawa / Java > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Blog Bot
spacer line

Any Ideas of the best resorts in Pelabuhan Ratu , I have see ocean queen resort adds and actualy I liked their location but I need your feedback please.
Do not forget to provide link of that resort.

Regards

I tell a lot of stories I have heard elsewhere

Aangirfan
User
spacer line

I stay at the Samudra Beach Hotel, a 1960's Suharto era place. It is favoured by certain generals, although you are supposed not to recognise them. The more expensive rooms are adequate and have good views of the sea. The restaurant is adequate. The Pelabuhanratu area has malaria, but you should be safe in the Samudra Beach. Don't copy the Bulgarian Ambassador and get drowned in the sea. The currents are deadly. Beware of the local security services - this place can be 'touchy' at times. Pelabuhanratu is one of the most beautiful places in the world, but be aware of the poverty of some of the locals.

Aangirfan
User
spacer line

For an adventurous holiday you might try:

http://www.oceanqueenresort.com/index.html

I have not stayed at this place but have been told it is suited to those who like to surf and trek and scuba dive. I will continue to use the Samudra Beach hotel.

joostH
User
spacer line

Both ocean queen and Samudra hotel are the most expensive places to stay in Pelabuhan Ratu. If you have the money, i would go to Ocean Queen resort.
Most people you see in Ocean Queen are western people that work at embassies. Its a paradise, you wake up because of the sound of the ocean. Order room in your beautiful bamboe house.
I stayed there a couple of times (luckely for free Emoticon: Shiny ).
You can see the huge prices they charge at the link Aangirfan posted.

If you dont have much money, i would go to Daun daun. a small hotel with very nice staff. rooms with single or double beds and optional airco or fan. a shard big living room with tv and vcd player.
prices are between 55.000 and 120.000. if you stay a longer while you get around 15% discount.
Specialy if you never been in that area its a good place to go, because the staff are very helpfull to show you around. I lived there for 6 months so i know what im talking about Emoticon: Worship .

Another small hotel there is called griya mm. abit more quiet than daun daun, but that makes it also more boring Emoticon: Yawn .
prices are between 40.000 and 60.000.

Mirasa is a small place where they rent out rooms. its 150meter from the beach. Tho you might want to watch your stuff when staying there.
prices are between 25.000 and 35.000

If you go there for the surf, you have to stay at Daun daun. Most of the surfboys hang around there, and have no problem show you around the surfspots in and around pelabuhan Ratu. And the best surfspot in Pel. Ratu is 200 meter from there.

Maybe another good tip is to watch out when swimming at sunset beach. the current is huge there, i seen almost 3 people die. They where lucky enough that local surfers are also lifeguards there.

I hope this was usefull,

Joost

sayang
User
User icon of sayang
spacer line

I would suggest didesa...
been there a year ago and it's a lovely place
http://www.hotel.jakweb.com/sukabumi/didesa/
samudra I wouldn't suggest...ugly concrete building with no romance at all !

sayang
User
User icon of sayang
spacer line

I would suggest didesa...
been there a year ago and it's a lovely place
http://www.hotel.jakweb.com/sukabumi/didesa/

joostH
User
spacer line

Didesa is very nice indeed. tho another expensive place to stay Emoticon: Puh!
Alot of Japanese tourist come there. and at night, there is always something to do. great place

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

79,672,034 topic views - 236,682 posts - 13,710 topics - 28,455 members - last post @ 21-02-2020 14:25 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

129,992,421 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com