indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jakarta, the Big Durian > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Dutchess
User
User icon of Dutchess
spacer line

Cool? Well I believe it's pretty cool if someone spends part of his life in a completely different country after his study. That's cool. What's the reason exactly you made a choice for Indonesia? Food, girls.. Emoticon: Stupid watching how people are making a mess of their own living environment or just plain motives like the ever shining sun? About the latter, it's talk of the town and the media, the world. , even here, a hype thanks to a IPCC report. If it comes to invest billions of money nobody is at home or changing attitude of all people, well hard to believe we will achieve a bit. But ok, we will wait and see. First I start with myself... Emoticon: Shut up! I already did, use my bike frequently. ...

Only a few dutch women being nice? No, don't agree. They might be more direct than their indonesian species.

You know this expression? Mooie vrouwen zijn net eekhoorns, vallen alleen op eikels... Emoticon: Cooool

My comments for today.

Emoticon: Worship

wablief?

Dutchess
User
User icon of Dutchess
spacer line

Pondering what the real reason is... Emoticon: Angry
Zootje daar!

Indonesia withholds vital bird flu data
By John Aglionby in Jakarta and Andrew Jack in London

Published: February 5 2007 22:06 | Last updated: February 5 2007 22:06

Indonesia, the country worst hit by the deadly H5N1 bird flu virus, has stopped sharing human genetic samples of the highly pathogenic illness with foreign laboratories, raising fears it could slow international efforts to prepare for a pandemic.

Officials say Indonesia stopped providing samples internationally last month, hindering efforts to confirm whether the virus killing its citizens is H5N1 and limiting production of vaccines to help prevent its spread.

Dr Triono Soendoro, director-general of Indonesia’s National Institute of Health Research and Development, said the step to withhold samples was taken because the government wanted to keep control of the intellectual property rights of the deadly strain of the virus.

He declined to give further details but said “all will be revealed” on Wednesday, when Indonesian officials are due to announce they are collaborating with Baxter International, the world’s biggest maker of blood-disease products, on a vaccine.

The move comes as Britain battles its worst outbreak of H5N1 bird flu, which yesterday led to several countries banning UK poultry imports, including Japan and South Korea. Defra, the UK’s food, agriculture and rural affairs ministry, said it expected the restrictions to last until the UK had achieved “disease-free status”.

The UK exports 270,000 tonnes of poultry meat annually, worth about £300m, according to the British Poultry Council.

Analysts say Indonesia hopes to offer exclusive rights to the strain to one company and cut a deal on cheaper products once they are developed.

One official warned that withholding samples could be counterproductive, since there was no guarantee the final human pandemic strain would derive from the current virus killing people in Indonesia. One bird flu expert in Jakarta said the move would not matter if Indonesia was able to do a full sequencing of its strain to detect mutations. “But given the country doesn’t yet have the capability, this is now a very internationally worrying decision,” the expert said. “If you reduce your chances of detecting whether a pandemic is about to occur, then a pandemic becomes more likely.”

Bird flu has killed 63 out of the 81 people infected in Indonesia since testing started in 2005, according to the World Health Organisation.

Baxter confirmed last night that it expected to conclude a “framework for future collaboration” with Indonesia this week, which could involve intellectual property issues, but stressed that it would continue to comply with World Health Organisation rules on the sharing of virus samples.

Copyright The Financial Times Limited 2007

wablief?

harry_ej
User
spacer line

I finished study in Groningen university in 1994. My brothere went for Working Holiday to Australia and i just couldn't find a job in Holland. So i decided to get a WH too. I met my brother in Aussie and we worked and traveled there for a year. After that i went back to Holland but the travel virus was in my blood so i was kinda restless. Went back to Aussie in 1995, then decided on Holiday to Indonesia. By chance i met an old university teacher who was teaching in Jkt. He asked me if i would like to teach Business Economy and Dutch for a while to Indo students who were going to be exchanged. This lasted 7 mnths and after that i had met so many people and also spoke indonesian. Cos of the fact i had met so many new freinds it was not hard to get introduced to the right people so i got a new job again. I kinda got a bit stuck in Indo even i have been back btw 2001 and 2003 to Holland to work. Afte that went back to indo again for a new job, this time in IT, cos i had finished and gotten a degree in Database Engineering by then.

I didn't really go for girls, maybe for food but lifestyle was the main reason i got stuck in Indo. Weather is not a big plus, cos i don't really care about heat, but the fact that there are restaurants everywhere, lifely streets etc are important. This lifestyle is in my opinion a lot nicer than in Holland. Also the adventure and the opportunity to travel to nice places (throughout indo or beyond) were reasons. I'm a bit scared of Indo girls even though i really fancy the type of girls. I never really managed to make them attracted to me, i think i might use the wrong tactics, i have some platonic female friends though.

Women i think, not only western but also Asian choose the guy they are attracted to. Mostly that are self confident goodlooking alpha-male leader type of guys, and some of them happen to be arrogant eikels. Sometimes jerks are also confident and strong. I think it is not that they like eikels but some confident guys sadly are sometimes jerks. Girls go for confidence and looks.

Do u chat?

Dutchess
User
User icon of Dutchess
spacer line

Aha!

You're a grunninger. Bit aloof isn't it?

About your being abroad, indeed most important to use the chances you get offered on your way when you're young. Those chances vanish getting older.

I think you mean with lifestyle, that easy-going feeling, 'onthaasten' as most Indo's not only there but also here are practising sometimes, at least only meant for the privileged ones with a decent job and not those
who are struggling for life. That I mentioned the girls was a bourgondisch grapjchen.
I am not good in discussing what women precisely want in men and the other way around I am a complete nut. A complex issue and most of the times I hear the utmost nonsense from both men and women. I guess it is all a matter of feeling comfortable with someone.

Can well imagine that life overthere is more colorful than at this place, but it has all to do with putting priorities.

Zo, ga nu naar Appie. Emoticon: Party!
Chatting, well, sometimes.

wablief?

harry_ej
User
spacer line

dutchess dunno if u r still there but is it really true that dutch girls prefer black guys (africa, suriname, antillen) and morrocan guys and turkish guys over native dutch guys???. All my friends (native guys) complain that the girls don't give them the time of day and are always chasing the allochtonen.

Truth be told i also always see the pretty dutch girls in my area with a black guy or a turkish or Moroccan guy;

I actually can understand their preverence for those guys, if i was a dtuch girl i would probably also wanna have a foreign bf.

BTW ik ben een fries Emoticon: Sadley

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

Yr native friends , are they orang Friesland or Orang Belanda ?
And Orang Friesland is the same as Orang Belanda ?? Emoticon: Confused

You are kidding Emoticon: Smile

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

Dutchess
User
User icon of Dutchess
spacer line

BTW ik ben een fries ..worse.. Emoticon: I love it
A foreign bf..? Don't understand meaning -bf-

Still struggling with buy/girl issue?
I don't believe it, why would dutch women prefer black or colored guys. May be they're more handsome or more cool or acting like that.
I thought women (the grown-ups) are more calculating nowadays, at least I am..

wablief?

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

77,066,962 topic views - 235,022 posts - 13,697 topics - 25,774 members - last post @ 19-11-2019 15:47 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

125,881,833 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com