indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

mashil
User
User icon of mashil
spacer line

The best protection is still not doing it.
Espesially if they are bought on the local pasar. Emoticon: Frustrated

Not doing it is not a protection, because it is not an option.
Try to think serious about this,
Sexual education is one the most important ways to warn and to inform young adults.

- Let us live simply so that others may simply live -

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

kinanti pinta ,

Where do you work and what type of work are you doing?
Emoticon: Confused

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

Aangirfan
User
spacer line

Prostitution is best avoided!

Indonesia is like Thailand - a serious drug abuse problem, a booming sex industry, high STD rates, a large mobile labour force, and a reluctance to using condoms.

Indonesia has lots of prostitutes. Surabaya has one of the world's biggest brothel areas.

In mid-1997 hundreds of Indonesian women, most under 20 years of age, were in prostitution in Saudi Arabia.

Indonesia's sex industry makes up to 3.6 billion dollars per year.

Prostitution in Jakarta makes about 91 million dollars annually.

There are at least 650,000 prostitutes in Indonesia.

At least 30,000 people die from AIDS every year in Indonesia, and half a million were thought to have been infected by 2000.

Most women say they are in prostitution because they have been abandoned by men.

Local brothel areas, "localisasi," are managed under local government regulations.

625 women were raped and tortured between 1990-1997, sometimes by military personnel, in Aceh, Indonesia.

Security forces gang rape and torture women said women testifying before a parliamentary fact-finding mission in Aceh, Indonesia.

More than 150 Indonesian females, aged between 10 - 50 were systematically gang raped in front of their families in May 1998.

mashil
User
User icon of mashil
spacer line

My god.......

- Let us live simply so that others may simply live -

juffy
User
spacer line

Sadly enough, I can only confirm that we have similar figures.
The taboo about sex education remains battlefield #1. There are sites in Bahasa Indonesia on the net, but promotion and access are difficult in Indonesian contexts.

In Indonesia, in case of rape, often the victim is judged guilty !
I think that the sites (addresses given in one of my preceding interventions) are self explanatory.
Salam, Juffy

Aangirfan
User
spacer line

Avoid prostitutes. A nurse was telling me that Indonesia has more AIDS than most countries and it's being covered up. My last post on this was deleted.

janss557
User
spacer line

Desy Clark says "my advice would be: quit having sex with a monkey!"

I have to tell you, I never tried, so I couldn't possibly "quit". Is it fun?

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

On 26-06-2004 00:14 janss557 wrote:
Desy Clark says "my advice would be: quit having sex with a monkey!"

I have to tell you, I never tried, so I couldnt possibly "quit". Is it fun?

Other than your spouse is a monkey!

Your question just like you asking people whether the lady who is standing in the corner in red dress with high heels is pretty or not...you have the answer to your own question my friend!

Desi Clark

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

juffy
User
spacer line

Letís come back to the topic !
HOW TO HELP TO COMBAT HIV/AIDS SPREADING IN INDONESIA?
The solutions are straight forward, obvious and logical. Most Indonesian state organizations agree :

1) Indonesia needs a basic gender/sex education program. It should include children entering puberty. All media should be included: school, TV, radio, movie, press, internet...
2) Especially for AIDS, a permanent awareness program (not just a one time action!) should take place. Inspiration : Singapore. (They really make a tremendous effort there!)
3) Some other sexuality-related negative side-effects should be treated simultaneously. E.g. the soaring youth pregnancy, the related abortions, sexual abuse, rape, other STD such as syphilis, gonorrhea, herpes, dll.

Even the state agencies admit half hearted that the religious people are the main opponents to such remedies. But this need not to be so. Compromises are possible. Religious people may be realistic and intelligent too! To start with, they just would need to get aware of the present situation, and the low impact of their moral arguments.
By providing REAL statistics instead of dream figures, may be that some would change their minds about the aim of moral prescriptions.
In case of no avail, in a few years Indonesia will anyhow just become a huge cemetery. But probably a cemetery with a high moral standard!

Sepp Buys
User
User icon of Sepp Buys
spacer line

How to combat AIDS or the HIV virus,

Make use of the blatter of the animal, since the condoms are not for free, where needed. In this country rape is still a big problem, be prepared and have your re-usable blatter prepared. It was used in Mediavial times, so why not now. Its cheap, re-usable, did i already say cheap, and convenient.

SEpp

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

For people who want the latest of latest info on HIV/Aids reed the following url it contains all the data, done by INDOnesian doctors for the UN.

www.childinfo.org/eddb/hiv_aid(...)dfs/Indonesia_en.pdf

'Ahu kura ahia, mansia nia'

Moonsnow
User
User icon of Moonsnow
spacer line

On 07-06-2004 04:02 bagusdewe wrote:
After reading about "gay Life in Indonesia" in this forum, I was drawn into one particular context (HIV-Virus-AIDS) which is very frightening if this particular desease allowed/unchecked to spread in Indonesia.
It is not being prejudice towards any section of the society, but the reality in life is that "The seeds have already been sown"...........The seeds has grown into the trees that bears another fruit which of course: HIV-AIDS Antybody......
Unfortunately- indeed, the free spirited, innocent , beautiful, trusting and sometimes naive birds flying in the sky unwittingly eats the seeds from that tree!.........and fly to another field to have a chat, and drop the seeds....
The result?....
Now that we know in Indonesia is still need more education regarding this very serious problem. Should we just close our eyes and pretend not hearing anything?

What do you think?

>Bagusdewe

Greetings all,

HIV/AIDS disease is now a global concern. Though some countries are more affected by it than others. Africa is topping the list and Asia is coming second as the number of people affected.
As Inodonesia concern, I think the local community groups/activists should get more involved in spreading the word about the destructive effects of the disease. Mosques, churches, and temples should be utilized fully to educate people about STD's. After all, it is one boat that all Indonesian people are riding. As almost all know, that the disease is spread either by sexual relationships, Infected blood, sharing needles, or mother to child. Hence its spread should not be blamed on one particular group.

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

Moonshaw yth.,

It is the very typical behaviour of us, humans, blaming somebody-else, whilst we personally also have our own responsability/ies.
First Africans, then homosexuals, women (???) who's next ???

'Ahu kura ahia, mansia nia'

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

74,316,849 topic views - 233,342 posts - 13,683 topics - 23,677 members - last post @ 20-08-2019 16:32 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

122,198,127 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com