indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Sumatera > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

From another forum:

I'm spending about a fortnight travelling around Sumatra over Christmas with the current plan to spend most of our time in the highlands. Apart from staying on the coast (where I know our accomodation has a mosquito net) is a mosquito net necessary and worth the effort of lugging around.

Also we were planning to travel overland from Bukkitingi to Lake Toba direct - is this too ambitious or should we be planning to do it differently.

Thirdly, any other random recommendations (destination, food, accomodation) would be appreciated - we are basically planning to go from Padang to Medan and have read the guidebooks on the main stuff.

Ho Lee Fuk

dangdude03
User
User icon of dangdude03
spacer line

Last summer I was travelling with a friend overland from Medan via Lake Toba and Nias to Bukittinggi and from there via Padang all the way to Bandar Lampung in the south. This took a lot of uncomfortable travelling in all sorts of vehicles trough all sorts of roads in various conditions, although a lot of them were very bad, specially those in the highlands in the south. This all took us three weeks.

Although I was carrying my own mosquito net, I mostly used some Baygon insect spray instead, when the use of klamboos in budged hotels was difficult.

More difficulties we had with the food, as it was hard sometimes to find something else than the old ‘masakan Padang’, wich we don’t like at all. It was too spicy for us and mostly far from fresh as it’s stands long times getting ancient behind glass show - cases. We were rather looking for a Chinese restaurant, but sometimes hard to find.

Although in Dutch, from next week Sunday I will post my travel experiences from that trip here on this forum.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

85,100,761 topic views - 240,132 posts - 13,728 topics - 33,218 members - last post @ 19-09-2020 21:36 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

138,803,468 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com