indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > In the news > View topic

BlogBlot
User
spacer line

Draft law calls for amputation of thieves' hands in Aceh
Thieves could have their hands amputated in Indonesia's Aceh province under a proposed Islamic law that may alarm rights activists and Western governments. The draft law was published Tuesday in an advertisement in Aceh's Serambi newspaper that was paid for by the agency responsible for implementing Islamic Shariah law in the tsunami-ravaged province, which only recently emerged from decades of civil war.
Continue reading , click the title

kiwimave
User
User icon of kiwimave
spacer line

Back to the Middle Ages...is it a good idea to prohibit Sharia worldwide?

Gracias. Sama sama

Jantje
User
spacer line

Hi Kiwimave,

But... if offers an opportunity for surgeons to-be to practice their amputation skills during their apprenticeship. Or do you reckon they will be severed by axe or sword? Middle ages indeed! Emoticon: Angry

searching
User
spacer line

Really barbaric, but what can one expects from a 7th century laws?

Find out the real face of Islam, read www. faithfreedom.org

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

So they have to steal something more than the value of three ounces of gold. That currently has a value of over 600 USD, so that makes it 1800 USD = Rp. 16.000.000. What is easy to steal and has a value of over that amount? A motorbike (a commonly stolen object in many places) is worth (far) less than that.

To be clear; I'm against such backwards idea's but the value made me think.

hobo1
User
spacer line

By what standard is it "backward" or "barbarian"? Yours? Okay you are entitled to your opinion, but like all opinions it is not absolute.

You think building jails and throwing crooks into jails is a more "forward" and "modern" method of crime prevention? Number one, it doesn't work...most people who go to jail will repeat their crimes. And it doesn't deter anybody from being a criminal either. Hey, stealing is wrong, that is for sure. Someone who steals does so because they want to take something that is not theirs. I say, "Yea"... you steal something of mine, I'll cut off your hand without a moment of hesitation. Got a problem with that? Then, stay away from my things!!

Hideaway Bungalow in Kuta Lombok - check my homepage

kiwimave
User
User icon of kiwimave
spacer line

To be honest hobo1, I never go to the church or whatever but I agree with our prime minister JPB that we can be proud of our "Christian values": one of the most fundamental aspects is that you punish criminals in a human way, and not the "eye on eye" principle. I call that civilisation. That there are still many cultures around the world who think a little bit backwards about those basic human values, that's their problem. But fundamentalists shouldnt try to implement those rules in countries who desperately try to obtain the same high standard of human rights in their country as we have in the West.

Also, most Islamic people in Holland should be happy that Sharia is not implemented here and will never be implemented: a disproportional percentage of criminals in our country are Islamic

Gracias. Sama sama

Jantje
User
spacer line

[quote] On 17-12-2006 12:04 hobo1 wrote:
By what standard is it "backward" or "barbarian"? Yours? Okay you are entitled to your opinion, but like all opinions it is not absolute.

Hobo,

Thanks for your straight forward reaction. It's obvious however that your standards are barbaric and backward. Emoticon: Yeah right!

havana45
User
spacer line

This is a great thing,chopping off hands .What if somebody steels with his or her mouth???? Emoticon: Yummie!

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

25,824,032 topic views - 198,661 posts - 13,224 topics - 9,919 members - last post @ 02-09-2014 22:42 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2014
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

53,866,726 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com