indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

nlpeter
User
User icon of nlpeter
spacer line

Hello Dani, nice to meet you.

I never considered releasing an album. At this moment I only play existing songs of Indonesian artists like Dewa 19, Iwan Fals, Chrisye, Ada Band and some kroncong songs. I can't put these on an album. But I'm already thinking about recording some songs of my own. In that case your idea gets more interesting for me. I will dive into the indie scene a bit more as well. Your sites offer a good starting point.

Bye, Peter

Dutch guy singing Indonesian songs at http://nlpeter.nl.

lapislegit
User
User icon of lapislegit
spacer line

Listen also to KERISPATIH and TEN 2 FIVE, very nice music.
Sorry to interfering, but Indonesian songs are not using Bahasa Gaul, some of them maybe, but mostly (which I know) they're using decent, good Bahasa Indonesia, some of the lyrics just like poetry. Many potential Band and singers and didin't sounds cheap or rude like most hip hop music from states for example. They can't sing, bad lyrics and zero performance Emoticon: Stupid

madrotter
User
User icon of madrotter
spacer line

well for all you dutch indonesians by the way you might want to look into FURIOUZ STYLEZ, a dutch/indo hiphop band, last year they came out with a pretty dope track called "kepala batu", dissing the indonesian government, they're pretty controversial because they support the RMS....
also i would like to say this, i know a good deal of musicians here, i read somewhere in this discussion about rich indo kids coming out with albums but i've seen many, many kids coming out with (indie) albums and they really go to a struggle just to put it out, sacrificing a lot. punk, hip hop, new wave you name it, there are many many small indie shops where you can buy this stuff, often only available on cassette, they call these shops distro's.... here in bandung there really are too many to mention but the most famous i guess is HArder at the corner of jl. cihampelas (jeansstreet) and pasteur....
i've been putting out albums myself here and for me it's really crazy how cheap it is, you print your 1000 covers for between 100 and say 180 euro's depending on the design and stickers to put on the album for around 12 euro's a 1000 of them too. since it's that cheap i have just been giving my albums away here because i really don't want to make any money of kids that can hardly afford a simple mie baso.... i'll be recording tomorrow actually, in the peter pan studio, a beautiful new studio owned by one of the members of peter pan, i used to make music with his brother (sarkaz from homicide) so i can use it often and cheap......

madrotter
User
User icon of madrotter
spacer line

i ment stickers to put on the cd's by the way...........

madrotter
User
User icon of madrotter
spacer line

oooooh and i almost forgot!!! two things for people to check out beautiful music, the first none is this austalian based band named GENG GONG which comprises of australian and indonesian musicians most notably the great SAWUNG JABO (who used to play with iwan falls) and the 2nd one is DJANGO MANGO who is based in bali and has been putting out really incredible cd's, you mostly find his "sunda-africa" cd's here in java but in bali you can find many of them, he mixes indonesian traditional music with all kinds of music, there are two cd's where he mixes it up with cuban jazz musicians, there's stuff mixed with musicians from india, marocco (that one is really incredible with marocan throat singers), africa.... you can find info about these artists on the net....

spacer line  

On 06-12-2006 23:12 bloodhoundfromhell wrote:
Hi there,

Im looking for some good pop music in bahasa indonesia. I already found peter pan, who knows other good artists? I want to use their songs to listen more to bahasa indonesia , as im trying to master it. Emoticon: Smile Emoticon: Party!

hi there, i think you should watch more indonesian movies or series (sinetrons) to pick up the indonesian language. Personally, i believe in that way, it'll be more effective to learn the language, where you can follow the way how they speak, thus being able to recognise certain words/phrases & even slangs. Youtube has tonnes of indonesian films online, so start searching! Secondly, i think its good to practise reading & writing in indonesian. Maybe reading the newspaper or even joining indonesian forums online, would be a great way to practice speaking!

btw, my fav indo bands gotsa be Nidji, peterpan, drive, samsons & ada band. theyre great!

spruiked
User
spacer line

Hey, don't know if anyone has suggested this, but if you have Indovision or Telkomvision or some other cable TV subscription, there is an Indonesian music channel called MNC. It's pretty good - actually a hell of a lot better than MTV and Channel V, which both have way to much advertising.

Dutchess
User
User icon of Dutchess
spacer line

Have fun with easy listening... Emoticon: Party!

http://batusura.de/indextoraja.htm

Is this current popular music in Indonesia?
Emoticon: Yes! or Emoticon: Nooo

wablief?

Malam
User
User icon of Malam
spacer line

Nice site Dutchess,

This one is also very nice and you can download for free.
http://tembangkita.googlepages.com/tembang.htm

nlpeter
User
User icon of nlpeter
spacer line

I agree that http://batusura.de is very good, not only for the music, but also for the pictures. I know by experience that the Toraja music is very popular in Toraja, but I'm not sure about other parts of Indonesia.

Dutch guy singing Indonesian songs at http://nlpeter.nl.

RUTH09
User
spacer line

On 13-01-2007 16:45 nlpeter wrote:
Got back from Sulawesi in november, and bought about 15 CD's with Indonesian pop music. The band I like the most is the ADA band. I bought the CD's Heaven of Love (2004) and Rhomantic Rhapsody (2006). There are some fantastic songs on these CD's. They are very good musicians. I don't care about their background and how poor or rich their family is. And I don't care what other artists think about them. This is about music and personal taste. Other CDs I bought are from Ungu (CD Melayang with the beautiful song Demi Waktu), Peterpan, Dewa 19, Koes Plus, Nidji, and some compilation CDs like Superstar 2006 and a CD with some love songs (Demi Nama Cinta). A lot of this music I like a lot, but not everything. Another song I like a lot is Jika from Ari Lasso and Melly Goeslaw. It was a big hit some years ago. It was a very exceptional song with respect to chords used, melody and harmonies. I think you can find it on youtube as well.

By the way, I think learning bahasa from popmusic is not a good way. It often happens to me that when I read a lyric I do know all the words, but still don't understand the meaning. I think it is often too poetic to learn a language from. But it does no harm to try ......

it got to be 'Si Jantung Hati' , right? It means 'My Sweet Heart'. A very popular Indonesian song of the 80s. I love that song! I think the singer is Ira Maya Sopha. I'm not so sure as I was still a child back then, but that song was a hit !

RUTH09
User
spacer line

it got to be 'Si Jantung Hati' , right? It means 'My Sweet Heart'. A very popular Indonesian song of the 80s. I love that song! I think the singer is Ira Maya Sopha. I'm not so sure as I was still a child back then, but that song was a hit !

RUTH09
User
spacer line

Is anyone familiar with these lyrics:
"si cha toong pa (or ha) ti"
i'm not sure how to spell it and i don't know what it means
the artist is female
the song is probably from the 70s or 80s... it was on a cassette
there was even an indonesian version of the Latin song "Guantanmera" on that cassette!!

thanks

RUTH09
User
spacer line

Is anyone familiar with these lyrics:
"si cha toong pa (or ha) ti"
i'm not sure how to spell it and i don't know what it means
the artist is female
the song is probably from the 70s or 80s... it was on a cassette
there was even an indonesian version of the Latin song "Guantanmera" on that cassette!!

RUTH09
User
spacer line

The most popular and famous form of Indonesian music is gamelan, an ensemble of tuned percussion instruments that include metallophone drums, gongs and spike fiddles along with bamboo flutes.

spacer line  

I am a loyal fan of Dewa since 1996 and they are not from rich family. If you don't know much about them, shut your mouth up and don't act like you know everything. This music group start since they were in high school in Surabaya in 1986 and for your info.. Dhani's ( leader of Dewa ) father is only a teacher retiree.. and the rest in also from a mid class family. They started from performing from one school to the other.. they have just celebrate their 20th anniversary. All the awards that they made, is a living proof of what they have done.

spacer line  

It's completely the wrong way to try to master BI. Better listen to Indonesian folk songs (lagu tradisional), jazz or kroncong but don't listen to the music of the youth (if the reason is to learn Indonesian). Nowadays the music scene is completely spoiled by some rich Indonesian teenagers who got the money from (corrupt) daddy to buy themself in in the system.

spacer line  

i almost forgot!!! two things for people to check out beautiful music, the first none is this austalian based band named GENG GONG which comprises of australian and indonesian musicians most notably the great SAWUNG JABO (who used to play with iwan falls) and the 2nd one is DJANGO MANGO who is based in bali and has been putting out really incredible cd's, you mostly find his "sunda-africa" cd's here in java but in bali you can find many of them,

levi5252
User
spacer line

Ini ada HITZ boyband terbaru di indonesia!
lagu nya catchy bgt, 3cowo asli korean nyanyi pop indo campur korean!
keren POL!
1 maen iklan PokariSweat, 1 mirip skali ama rain, ama ada irwan chandra, model n maen buce lee!!
coba twitter hitz_BB

levi5252
User
spacer line

korean boyband HITZ is launching in indonesia next month. I cant wait for their music video and their single on air. heard them singing live and everyone was crazy getting their autograph!
3 guys: 1 from pokarisweat commercial, another looks exactly like rain, and another is irwan chandra who acted in buce lee. all 3 models are 185cm, they were so tall and such good-looking, everyone was screaming their lungs out watching them sing.
check them out at hitz_bb

levi5252
User
spacer line

oh n they're be performing at MOI gading on the 25th june, at 6-6.30!!!yeyyyyyyy

aku123
User
spacer line

Hi! Buat yang suka dengerin musik dan mau menyimpannya, skrg gak usah beli software yg mahal...coba deh buka banyak.com . Di situ ente bisa simpan, buka dan bagi2 sm temen2. Bukan cuma musik doang, tp jg filem, file dan gambar. Coba deh...seru....Salam banyak...eh, salam musikkkk!!! Emoticon: Party!

European
User
spacer line

Do you know this singer... She is goooood....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/o(...)73387/in/photostream

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

48,804,435 topic views - 221,391 posts - 13,464 topics - 15,889 members - last post @ 27-07-2017 20:57 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

88,146,809 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com