indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

nlpeter
User
User icon of nlpeter
spacer line

Got back from Sulawesi in november, and bought about 15 CD's with Indonesian pop music. The band I like the most is the ADA band. I bought the CD's Heaven of Love (2004) and Rhomantic Rhapsody (2006). There are some fantastic songs on these CD's. They are very good musicians. I don't care about their background and how poor or rich their family is. And I don't care what other artists think about them. This is about music and personal taste. Other CDs I bought are from Ungu (CD Melayang with the beautiful song Demi Waktu), Peterpan, Dewa 19, Koes Plus, Nidji, and some compilation CDs like Superstar 2006 and a CD with some love songs (Demi Nama Cinta). A lot of this music I like a lot, but not everything. Another song I like a lot is Jika from Ari Lasso and Melly Goeslaw. It was a big hit some years ago. It was a very exceptional song with respect to chords used, melody and harmonies. I think you can find it on youtube as well.

By the way, I think learning bahasa from popmusic is not a good way. It often happens to me that when I read a lyric I do know all the words, but still don't understand the meaning. I think it is often too poetic to learn a language from. But it does no harm to try ......

Dutch guy singing Indonesian songs at http://nlpeter.nl.

Nidji
User
User icon of Nidji
spacer line

Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile. Balibreeze: I understand what you're saying. It's just not fair to use racist or semi-rasist remarks; I hate that for now and forever.

And I know, sometimes I get angry too. When we visited Bali last summer, there were bule tourists from the Netherlands behaving very ignorant and disrespectful to the locals. It really gave me the urge to chop off their heads. Especially because I felt they were doing that on my 'territory'.
But did they behave that way, because they are white people? Not likely... there are tons of bule's that do not have the intention to dominate others or to behave disrespectful to Indonesians.

Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile. AnisJ:

I'm not into making videoclips! But I'd like to give a try some time... Hope you enjoy these ones!

Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile. NLPeter:

15 CD's? That's great! Melly Goeslaw is nice too. Do you know her song called 'I'm Falling in Love'? Very romantic, especially for listening with your woman Emoticon: Wink . Jika is nice too and it's on YouTube:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8iWzYba_q4

nodify
User
spacer line

Yogya Bali !!!

I'm totally agreed with Balibreeze. You think that you know a lot of things about Indonesia or indo Pop music, but you know the truth! YOU KNOW NOTHING!!!

Denk maar na voor je iets zegt! anders zie je er TOLOL uit! or maybe you are really TOLOL!!!

nodify
User
spacer line

GILA LOE Yogya Bali!

Kampungan!

nlpeter
User
User icon of nlpeter
spacer line

Nidji, I just listened to I'm falling in love here: http://moonirah.imeem.com/musi(...)/im_falling_in_love/ . When I read your post I was just wondering if your user name has anything to do with the Indonesian pop band Nidji.

Nidji
User
User icon of Nidji
spacer line

Well, yes it does!

Their 'Hapus Aku' is such a great song. However the album is rather disapointing.

madrotter
User
User icon of madrotter
spacer line

www.myspace.com/homicidebdg

what more can i say....

yogja-bali, you ain't checking out the indie-scene i guess, loads and loads of really good bands (specially in bandung!!), the top 40 bands i don't know much about and honestly i don't care......

nlpeter
User
User icon of nlpeter
spacer line

Nidji, That song is on the CD Breakthru' . Its one of the CDs I bought in Sulawesi. It is not my favourite CD either, although some of the songs are OK (Hapus Aku being one of them). I'm playing it now while typing.

I didn't know much about the Indonesian pop scene, most CDs I bought were recommendations by people I met along our trip. I met a lot of musicians (I'm one myself), and we played guitar and sang together on many occasions. I was positively surprised by a lot of the music, although now it's probably a bit biased by travel memories.

I recently started doing some home recordings of Indonesian songs. I will publish them on the internet. I'll post the link when it's ready.

Nidji
User
User icon of Nidji
spacer line

I was positively surprised by a lot of the music, although now it's probably a bit biased by travel memories.

Yeah, that's very common.

I'm very curious about your Indonesian songs!

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

'Ahu kura ahia, mansia nia'

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

nlpeter
User
User icon of nlpeter
spacer line

Want to hear a Dutch guy sing and play Indonesian songs ? You can hear my home made recordings at http://web.inter.nl.net/users/nlpeter/index.html .

Nidji
User
User icon of Nidji
spacer line

Hi Peter! I downloaded your song and it does sound good! Emoticon: Wink .

Are you planning on making more? It would be great if you'd do

'Hapus Aku' by Nidji:

Chords are:

Couplet: Em, Bm, C, G

Bridge: Am, Bm, C, G, Am, Bm, C, D

Reff: Em, Bm, C, G

Emoticon: Wink

I can play it too, but I still have problems with singing and playing at the same time...

nlpeter
User
User icon of nlpeter
spacer line

Hi Nidji,

I am glad you like it. I certainly will make more songs. This is only the beginning...... I'm not sure about Hapus Aku, but I will consider it seriously. Thanks for the chords.

By the way, I read some of your posts in other topics. Very interesting ....

nlpeter
User
User icon of nlpeter
spacer line

I'm Dutch but I sing in Bahasa Indonesia.

I just added a new song to my website with Indonesian home recordings: Yang terbaik bagimu by the Ada Band.
You can find the link below in my signature. If you prefer the bahasa Indonesia version of the site go here:

http://web.inter.nl.net/users/nlpeter/in

Enjoy

Fairy
User
User icon of Fairy
spacer line

I agree that Dewa does not use slang or bahasa prokem in their lyrics. I have been a fan of Dewa since 1994 and being a Malaysian I can attest that I understand every single word of Dewa's choice for lyrics - no slang used at all, at least not to my Malay ears. In fact the Bahasa Indonesia that the band uses is pretty standard. If anything the lyrics are beautiful and poetic, a key point that has won them fans in Malaysia apart from their uniquely interesting and matured form of music.

What I'm trying to say is, if Malaysian fans can appreciate Dewa's music (and other Indonesian bands), then the lyrics make sense. The only way the words can make sense to us Malaysians is if they are written in a language that is understandable in both Indonesian and Malaysian cultures, i.e. formal and standard Bahasa Indonesia.

So in conclusion, it is perfectly OK to listen to established Indonesian bands like Dewa, Gigi, Peterpan, etc, to learn Bahasa Indonesia pronunciation or even grammar. Just my two cents, folks. Terima kasih for reading. Emoticon: Bye bye

www.MyIndo.com: A Malaysian's Outlook on Indonesian Pop Culture! :)

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

Hi, music-lovers ...... recently I'd heard by coincidence about this musical searchengine this soft-programme was made by a German Rainer Typke , it is purely aimed at melodies , that you are able to whistle too ..... he said his software-program was meant to search the web for melodies or music piracy ....

nlpeter
User
User icon of nlpeter
spacer line

Hi Fairy, I read that you are a Dewa fan, so I want to let you know that I just uploaded my homerecording of the song Kangen by Dewa to my site.
Bye, Peter

balibreeze
User
User icon of balibreeze
spacer line

http://odhieallure.imeem.com/m(...)sic/Eua_t00y/kangen/

copy this link and paste to your google search... there U have.. Dewa kangen

sing ken ken bli....

spacer line  

Your youtube links are not working unfortunately .. :(

balibreeze
User
User icon of balibreeze
spacer line

Bloodhound is not youtube just link to imeem see above.....good luck

sing ken ken bli....

nlpeter
User
User icon of nlpeter
spacer line

Here you can find Kangen by Dewa 19. Somebody has published it there. You do not need to login to listen. Just visit
http://www.esnips.com/doc/08c5(...)9cd/DEWA-19---KANGEN

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

The old authority of the Schwann-catalogue ...... in the 'old days' they have all the records of all American reproduced materials of Lp's, etc.

Qasidah as an example:
Encyclopaedia Donald Clarke 1989, 2005

QASIDAH
Popular music form found throughout the Arabic sphere of influence from Egypt to the Indonesian archipelago, lyrics originally in classical Arabic but embracing local languages with the expansion of Islam. There is a more than superficial similarity with the Persian-derived ghazal form of India; like ghazal, qasidah is part of a literary tradition, and reveals the multi-natured characteristics of Arabic. Thus it is open to varying interpretations, literal and figurative. Taking as its primary source of inspiration love poetry, it speaks of love on a variety of romantic and religious, profane and spiritual planes. Like ghazal, lyrically contemporary qasidah embraces all manner of religious, secular and political subjects. Performers called qasa'id range in style from the Egyptian Ali Mahmud (d '43) who came from reading the Koran to singing religious verse to the pop-qasidah stylings of the Indonesian all-woman group Nasida Ria, who typify the music's popular face in its easterly form: based in Semarang, they have taken the Arabic-derived form and mixed in Indonesian influences. Keadilan: Qasidah Music From Java on Piranha '91 is a good example of their appealing music. It contains many points of reference for anyone familiar with Indian popular music such as filmi. Instrumentation is typically Western but with Indonesian overlays, incl. flute, guitar, mandolin, electric bass, violin, a range of percussion and keyboards. Like many genres of Indonesian popular music, language apart, it contains few features which might be described as markedly or specifically Indonesian. Nasida Ria's cautionary 'Bila Ingin Bahagia' ('If You Want To Be Happy') deals with morality issues aroused by pre-nuptial sex. Nasida Ria's repertoire is typical of much qasidah music in its recognition of an Islamic worldview.

By:

www.musicweb-international.com(...)cyclopaedia/q/Q1.HTM

kredok
User
spacer line

If u like rockmusic , wanna listen to 1 of Indonesian gitarist who is 4 me the best,just listen to EDANE!!!!! Emoticon: Yes! Emoticon: Yes! Emoticon: Bye bye Emoticon: Bye bye

spacer line  

Hey Peter, any plan to releasing an ep or full album here, in Indonesia?
I'm one of a million Indonesian indie musician artist, and i also an indie musician producer, I have indie records company based in Bekasi, West Java. It's called "Sampah Project Records".

I offer you, if you interesting to release yr own records here.
This month, maybe july end I will releasing some indie compilation,
it's called "Asian-European Indie Today" 21 songs from 11 bands from Indonesia, Belgium, Poland, Switzerland, Russia, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia.

One of the famous indie band which is from Bali : NAVICULA.
If you interesting and want to know about Indonesia indie music scene p;ease click on : www.deathrockstar.info and www.totalfeedback.com
and dont forget to stoping by to my myspace : www.myspace.com/d4ny

cheers
Dani Emoticon: Shiny

Feel free to hear & download my songs : www.reverbnation.com/suckme

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

46,851,106 topic views - 220,676 posts - 13,421 topics - 15,729 members - last post @ 22-05-2017 16:17 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

85,434,345 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com