indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

As someone wrote on The Jakarta Post:

Indonesian history documents the courage of so many who fought to overcome centuries of injustice and bring equity to our people.

While we suffered at the hands of the Dutch, independence brought the hope that all Indonesians would be treated with respect. Sadly, we all witness on a day-to-day basis that this has not been achieved, the reality being that the Dutch have simply been replaced by new colonial masters, in this case Indonesians who abuse their power and privilege.

This sad state of affairs is even worse when perpetrated by an organization owned by the people of Indonesia -- Garuda Indonesian!

On Oct. 17 at 7 a.m., at the "Yogyakarta" check-in counter in Soekarno-Hatta airport, instead of witnessing customer service at its finest, I witnessed the new colonial masters at their worst.

From their dress, conversation and baggage they were carrying, I believe I am valid in assuming six "national heroes", or Indonesian migrant workers (the country's second highest source of foreign exchange), were checking in, returning from their overseas "domestic" work and anxious to continue their home journey to Yogyakarta.

By his speech, attitude and tone of voice, the Garuda check-in officer treated these customers in a most demeaning and belittling manner. Instead of receiving either common courtesy or the good service that I was receiving at the neighboring counter to Semarang, these "national heroes" were instructed and handled like second-class citizens.

Unfortunately many of the very positive virtues of Indonesian culture serve us so poorly in these types of situations. Given their roles, these "national heroes" probably assume that their treatment should not be different from that which their forefathers received from the Dutch. The time for change is now!

Wake up! This is Indonesia, and as Indonesian you should know. This is not only for them, this is for many people who are in queue for checking in. I suggest to take the bus or some other form of transport if you don't like it. Emoticon: Bye bye

kiwimave
User
User icon of kiwimave
spacer line

It's indeed sad to see that those TKI girls who usually get physically en psychologically harmed and raped in Arabian countries where they try to earn some money for a better life get also verbally abused in CGK by their own people. Indonesia should have more respect for those heroes.

Gracias. Sama sama

searching
User
spacer line

It's pathetic. I mean the system is so corrupted, the people is so ignorant. And, no, they don't respect their heroes. They only respect people in power. Most Indnesians are.

Find out the real face of Islam, read www. faithfreedom.org

Malam
User
User icon of Malam
spacer line

Hooooy Searching,
May I ask you?
What is your connection with Indonesia?
I have never seen a possitive posting from you, I just wonder and sometimes Om Sid did ask for you some answers, at that moment you chance in a silent searcher.
The possitive way of living is also a way of living you know.
Greetings Malam

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

Yes , like OmSid
Gna gna gna gna

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

merapi
User
User icon of merapi
spacer line

Lieve Jeroen, sorry dat ik je nu in het Nederlands beantwoord, maar de nieuwe kolonialist is allang bekend.
Het ergste vind ik toen na bevrijding van de jappen,D[mensen hadden niets meer ,doodsimpel overgeplant naar een klein koud land, wat de meeste niet eens kenden.
Maar ze hebben het gered,.
Jeroen ik maak hier zoveel leed mee in Den Haag binnen de Indische gemeenschap, de ouderen, maar ook heel veel vragen.
Ik vind dit zo fijn om te doen, maar we houden de lieve tantes en paks in ere,
groetjes,Merapi/Wilma Emoticon: Yes! Emoticon: Yes! Emoticon: Yes!

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

What is the link between a the Garuda employee with the national heroes and New Colonialist even the Dutchperiod Emoticon: Confused Emoticon: Confused Emoticon: Confused

Bullshit

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

Yeah, Sidia.. that's what I mean.

papaya
User
User icon of papaya
spacer line

The new colonialists are also destroying Indonesias nature in all its beauty completely.

I have two words for it: Complete mismanagement. Emoticon: Frustrated

Happiness is not a destination, it's a Way of Living

Malam
User
User icon of Malam
spacer line

On 06-02-2007 12:33 papaya wrote:
The new colonialists are also destroying Indonesias nature in all its beauty completely.

I have two words for it: Complete mismanagement. Emoticon: Frustrated

Papaya they get the chance do do this from the Indonesian Goverment, while in their own country they act as the bravest child of the classroom.

epsilon
User
spacer line

bravest child in the classroom? does this still qualify as english or should malam be directed to the dutch section of this forum? Emoticon: Smile

a littlle linguistic hybrid here: english brave = dutch dapper, dutch braaf = english good, wellmannered, wellbehaving....

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

52,066,901 topic views - 224,486 posts - 13,534 topics - 16,956 members - last post @ 13-12-2017 06:02 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

93,327,861 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com