indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (3 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line  

I am very interested in this little island. Is it accessible to tourists? Has any one been there? Do you know anyone who has visited this island? Have I spelt the name correctly or is it Krakatoa?
So many questions!! Would it be very expensive to visit if tourists are allowed there?
Hello to you all! Patricia.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

I think the name of the vulcano is Gunung Anak Krakatau and the island where the vulcano is on, is named Pulau Rakata. Doesn't really matter in what you are asking, because people will still know.

Unfortunately I have never been there. Emoticon:

janss557
User
spacer line

I understood that it is not always possible to visit the island, as there is permanent vulcanic activity. The vulcano's behaviour is very unpredictable. I don't know how you can arrange for a permit to get there, as I never before tried to get there. But I'm sure you need one.

klaas--
User
spacer line

I visited both islands in July 2002 and I liked the visit very much. I used the Lonely Planet Guide (6th edition). I went to Carita along the westcoast of Java and stayed for 2 nights in Rakata Hostel.
There are many tour operators over there offering trips to Krakatau. The prize is more or less fixed and depends on the amount of people joining a boat (you pay less the more people are in the boat). Often tour operators work together to fill a boat (that also happened during my trip). The tour operator will also arrange the permit.
We visited Anak Krakatau and I made a hike allmost to the top of this volcano (before that the boat had rounded the whole island). I was the only one who walked all to the top, because the guide was too tired. I even met 2 Australian guys with a sailing boat who also visited Anak Krakatau. The hike is very easy and you see the path very good. Ofcourse, things can have changed quite a bit. Ofcourse you must be very carefull, because it is a working volcanoe (have you any experience before?).
It was just like a programy ou now and then see on Discovery Channel, really very impressing. Afterwards, we spend some time diving near Rakata; I just took a short swim to walk a short distance at Rakata.
When you have your own sailing boat, you can just sail to Krakatau; the Australian guys had done that many times before.
When you need more info, just ask.

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

I never heard you need a permit to the Krakatau. But the climbing (and descent) of the calderada is maybe a bit tricky and dangerous at times. Visiting the Krakatau is a popular weekend outing for Jakartans (only 2-3 hours by tollroad jakarta-merak to reach the beach ). It is a national park. You can rent a boat at several coastal towns or villages like Anyer, Labuhan, Carita up to Tanjung Lesung or through travel agencies. It takes around 8 hours to get to Krakatau island group and back. It is quite expensive, by the way.

spacer line  

Many thanks for ypur helpful suggestions regarding Anak Krakatau.
What a marvellous, friendly website this is.

patricia.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Diederick, is Anak Krakatau a part of Ujung Kulon? Maybe you know. I don't think so, but I was just wondering about that all of a sudden.

bagusdewe
User
spacer line

>I don't think Anak Krakatau is a part of Ujung Kulon
>Ujung Kulon is Ujung Kulon (means "westernmost tip" Emoticon: Wink
>Unless there is a "growing land mass that eventually reconnect to this tip of Ujung Kulon
>Mind you, I could be wrong

padepokan
User
spacer line

dear patricia ...
wanna visit Anak krakatau?
i am a guide, especially in outdoor .. i can help u to get there and "ujung kulon" also ... just contact me at lemburkosongRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.yahoo.com fot more detail

thx
-benny-

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

86,765,161 topic views - 240,493 posts - 13,734 topics - 34,011 members - last post @ 25-11-2020 16:35 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

141,438,104 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com