indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jawa / Java > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

Stijn,

My next question would be how much do they need to pay for corruption and what will the quality be of the material which the contractor will use.
Maybe cheap quality and the project later needs to be cancelled after finding out and law suits, etc.

So the project is cancelled.

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

On 07-06-2004 10:41 stijn wrote:
The first pole of the monorail will be placed the 12th of june. If you can read bahasa indonesia just go to the link below:

http://www.kompas.com/metro/ne(...)s/0406/07/143258.htm

You can be sceptical about public transprtation, but the fact is that there has to be done something about the traffic in Jakarta. I think maybe this is a better option then a sub-way. IA sub-way would be flooded every year. And it is old-fashioned, a more than hundred year old technique..Why dont try new techniques when they are available.

Can you explain me where is it written its a old technique...I can read and understand bahasa well....I think u had some misunderstanding....

www Jakarta through the Eyes of an Expat

stijn
User
spacer line

I meant that a sub-way on rail is an old technique. The monorail on the other hand is modern.
In Budapest the oldest subway in Europe was allready introduced in 1896. Now public transportation the developments in Europe are going rather slow. The techniques are available but there is a lack of funding in the public transport by governments, companies etc.
I think it`s a good thing that in Asia governments go for the modern techniques. I realize there are bigger problems, but that doesn't mean governments should ignore the traffic problems in the cities.In China now there is a magnetic railway called the Magnetic Levitation or short Maglev-train. It reaches 400 km/h. Probably prestige is one of the reasons for introducing it (in 2003). I think that 's a good thing. When public transport becomes a matter of prestige and proud, governments will have the will to invest in it. Modernizing the public transport now is important as one day the world will be out of oil and the traffic problems in the cities will get bigger and bigger and more and more unresolvable.

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

Ok Boss..! got it

Rgds
Aliakbar

Richy
User
User icon of Richy
spacer line

On 07-06-2004 10:41 stijn wrote:
The first pole of the monorail will be placed the 12th of june.

... and when will they finish it Emoticon: Confused Emoticon: Yes! Emoticon: Confused

..Why dont try new techniques when they are available.

Sorry to be sceptic... but it always reminds me to the not finshed (JAKSEL direct SLIPI via WEST) and in some places in bad condition jalan tol around Jakarta. Also to the cheap looking Busway (no quality) where already after a few weeks those ticket recieving machines didnt work... Maintenance... never heard of it... and I predict in a year of 5 the brand new looking busses are looking the same as the PATAS AC now!!! Ohw is that busstation announcement system already working? One of the busdrivers demonstrated it to me... consisted out an mp3 cd player and a remote control... not really the most professional stuff what is available on the market...

Having a plan is 1.... having the right investors is 2... working out the project is 3... maintaining it is 4!!!

Somebody wants to ad a number 5?

"Veel mensen hebben een te hoge dunk van wat ze niet zijn, en een te geringe dunk van wat ze wel zijn".

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

5 is using it !

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

One day I went to JKT and my life would never be the same again... ..

Interesting....!!! would like to know about your changed life......

Sepp Buys
User
User icon of Sepp Buys
spacer line

What is wrong in investing your money in a project like this. Some people collect art, some invest in houses and some use their money to do nothing with it at all and just count and polish the dimes. If it is all local investors let them have the fun for the time being. I can imagine the tower will be high and rising out of the imaginary design table and will not be erected at all.
The gouvernment should spend money on as diederick said , polution, greeneries, air polution. How much they spent on these issues it always will be in shortage.
Let them make the rail and tower, let them think they can compete with the rest of the world but stay behind in more concerning issues. Trail and error. Everytime again and again.

Sepp

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

Well atleast they have a competitive spirit to compete with the world....in whtever sense....

stijn
User
spacer line

Hmmm, maybe I reacted a bit too enthousiasticly,
Not all of the needed land for the monorail is in the hands of the investors yet:

www.kompas.com/metro/news/0406/15/082234.htm (bahasa indonesia)

Megawati wants to speed things up using the good old 'pembangunan' rethoric. I think that only hard cash will solve this problem.....

harto
User
spacer line

hi aliakbar,
aren't you mixing up facts. kuala lumpur with the monorail ain't jakarta
harto

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

77,736,067 topic views - 235,509 posts - 13,700 topics - 26,425 members - last post @ 14-12-2019 21:37 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

126,816,688 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com