indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jawa / Java > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

Now having the monorail project and the Highest Tower in Jakarta,,I think the Administration is really on a fast groove......

Lets see what happens,,,,would they be able to create what they have thought.. ..and hope they dont turn peoples expectations down to let the international and local media laugh on them...

Way to go...Lets have Jakarta in the record books with the tallest tower..

Rgds
Aliakbar

www Jakarta through the Eyes of an Expat

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

did they already start constructing the monorail project? And what about the new tower? Tell me!

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

The tallest tower is going to be the highest in the world ...It will constructed in Kemayoran, Central Jakarta , Jakarta..beating...the highest of all in the world like eiffel..and the petronas KL twin towers malaysia...

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

if i am not wrong,,sorry ..but its around 590- 570,,,feet ....(maybe in metres)...Sorry if i am wrong...Jakarta Tower

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

if i am not wrong,,sorry ..but its around 590- 570,,,feet ....(maybe in metres)...Sorry if i am wrong...Jakarta Tower along with a mall and residential apartments ....

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

I guess it's meters, because Petronas is somewhere around 500 (?) and the Taipei 101 is a little higher. Beat that! Ooh.. where does the money come from? I hope they use foreign investment for it, and not tax-payers money.. Emoticon: Sadley

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

do you have a link to a website for me?

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

here is the actual information: Sorry for my last post....

The tower will stand 558 meters (1,860 feet) tall, surpassing the Canadian National Tower in Toronto which is 553 meters.

The project is being financed by local tycoons. The cost was originally projected at US$400 million.

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

Its not neccessary that all huge porjects come from foreign investors...

If all the huge tycoons come out in Indonesia I bet..there can be 10 towers like that in Indonesia...

But they enjoy their wealth , and ride in their jaguars .....without even thinkin what they can do for their country..

The tower funds are coming from indonesia itself....Local investors ....no foreign funds..for tht

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Those local big investors...

The Tommy Tower
Pak Harto Tower
Megawati Plaza & Resto

... ooh well.. Emoticon: Puh!

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

for the link may be u can check my own web on tht

http://www.cometojakarta.com/April16.html

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

there will be a GUS dur Zoo also...

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

A large tower in Jakarta?
It will be good for terrorist to fly their plaines into.

The rest it is only prestige for the outside world. They should spend the money to help the poor, to fight corruption in their country.

It is the same as when Sadam Hussein was building a multi million dollar mosq, while many of his people where dying from hunger.

The same, when the Russians build their own space shuttle. While it was not needed and also their economy was/is worse and people in hunger.

A mono rail might be good for quick transportation of goods and people. But it depends on where it is going and for what it can be used.

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

I think Indonesia is in a better position than the countries you mentioned above....

At least they have someone who created a indahnesia fof them

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

Why doesn't the Jakarta government nurture plans to make the:
biggest public park of the world
widest sidewalk of the world
cleanest river of the world
best preserved heritage site of the world
most cultural events in the world?
If this tower is build in the same that other buildings are set up here recently then a catastrophe is only a cement load away.
The route for the designated monorail will occupy the last free public green spots in the city.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 28-05-2004 11:21 aliakbar wrote:
I think Indonesia is in a better position than the countries you mentioned above....

At least they have someone who created a indahnesia fof them

Emoticon: Shiny for sure! Starting a website in Russian is no option for me by the way.

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

How did you get this information they are creating a monorail by taking away the green spots in the city,
any web links where i can read this ??
From where did you get that news from?....

Rgds
Aliakbar

kleinsmann
User
User icon of kleinsmann
spacer line

Emoticon: Frustrated think this is just an opinion from diederick so there's no article.
Anyway I also have my doubts on both. Maybe it's good for tourism?Ow I 4got Indonesia don't want tourists...

Just because you're paranoid don't mean there're not after you...

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

On 29-05-2004 14:22 aliakbar wrote:
How did you get this information they are creating a monorail by taking away the green spots in the city,
any web links where i can read this ??
From where did you get that news from?....

Rgds
Aliakbar

Dear Ali, I read that in the Jakarta Post. If you give me some time I will give you my references.

pmuijzert
User
spacer line

The highest tower and a mono rail is utopic for Indonesia !
Self i had talks with the governement in the Suharto time for a high speed train from Jakarta to Surabaja.Habibi was there and a man from the transport University in Germany and one from France and I from Holland.Th brother of my grandpa make the railways at Java in the Dutch time.Self I was the last 15 years busy with the Schiphol chennel and the high speed train Amsterdam>Brussel>Paris.
In that time the governement had no any idea what is the cost of it,they ask the world bank for money.Answer NO.They ask how we finance the railway at Holland.Answer extra 25 cents on every liter of fluel,from this money every year investment.When we ask to Habibi.We you can tell us in the next meeting what the governement sales in liters every year,this answer was never coming because this was a secret af Suharto.With this money you can renew the railways.Parhaps a lot more.After jan 1998 I did not hear anything again.

Richy
User
User icon of Richy
spacer line

On 30-05-2004 21:09 pmuijzert wrote:
...a mono rail is utopic for Indonesia!

Monorail a utopia? Probably you have never been to Taman Mini Indah Indonesia (Jakarta Timur)ů Where a wonderful piece of monorail engineering is already in use for decades Emoticon: Shiny Emoticon: Very funny Emoticon: Shiny

"Veel mensen hebben een te hoge dunk van wat ze niet zijn, en een te geringe dunk van wat ze wel zijn".

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

On 30-05-2004 22:45 Richy wrote:
[...]

Monorail a utopia? Probably you have never been to Taman Mini Indah Indonesia (Jakarta Timur)ů Where a wonderful piece of monorail engineering is already in use for decades Emoticon: Shiny Emoticon: Very funny Emoticon: Shiny

Please mail this then to www.monorails.org. They list all monorails in the world, even the very small ones (like the one in Taman Mini) and seem to have forgotten this one....

bagusdewe
User
spacer line

On 31-05-2004 15:53 diederick wrote:
[...]

Please mail this then to www.monorails.org. They list all monorails in the world, even the very small ones (like the one in Taman Mini) and seem to have forgotten this one....

>I just clicked on Taman Mini site
Here is the link:
http://www.jakweb.com/tmii/tmii_map.htm
The red line on that map I think... represents a monorail track.

>Bagusdewe

bagusdewe
User
spacer line

>I am sad
>Another monstrosity of super duper waste of people's money.....
>If this is true, I am really sad......
>we don't need this kind of "Mercu Suar"/Light House- attitude happening in Indonesia
>What a waste of money........

stijn
User
spacer line

The first pole of the monorail will be placed the 12th of june. If you can read bahasa indonesia just go to the link below:

http://www.kompas.com/metro/ne(...)s/0406/07/143258.htm

You can be sceptical about public transprtation, but the fact is that there has to be done something about the traffic in Jakarta. I think maybe this is a better option then a sub-way. IA sub-way would be flooded every year. And it is old-fashioned, a more than hundred year old technique..Why don't try new techniques when they are available.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

76,108,224 topic views - 234,287 posts - 13,691 topics - 25,167 members - last post @ 17-10-2019 14:51 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

124,551,102 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com