indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Other talk > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

open new topic | reply to this topic | newest topics | active topics | login
aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

A Bit offtopic here again...

Let our forum family express their views here...

And I hope we get in some conclusion.

Rgds

Aliakbar

www Jakarta through the Eyes of an Expat

kleinsmann
User
User icon of kleinsmann
spacer line

In the philosophy that God created Adam and Eve I should say that the chicken was 1st. I mean if He can create human why not animals.
What's you own opinion?

Regs,

TYN

Just because you're paranoid don't mean there're not after you...

stijn
User
spacer line

If you believe in evolution the egg came first.
Birds are descendants of reptiles, which allready laid eggs..

salam hangat,
stijn

kleinsmann
User
User icon of kleinsmann
spacer line

Then we have the discussion not about what was 1st the egg or the chicken but when did we call it chicken?

Just because you're paranoid don't mean there're not after you...

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

Which came first — the chicken or the egg?

The question has a reputation for being difficult, perhaps even impossible, to answer. Philosophers treat it as a conundrum. But in the hands of an experimental scientist, the question is simple and straightforward, and the answer is easily obtained.

I doubt that I am the first to solve the chicken-and-egg problem, but a search of the scientific literature turned up surprisingly few accounts — none, in fact — of previous work. Here, then, is an account of my work on what turns out to be a trivial question.

How the Problem was Solved
Which came first — the chicken of the egg? I tackled the question experimentally, using a chicken, an egg, and the Dutch postal service.

I mailed the chicken and the egg, each in its own separate packaging, and kept careful track of when each shipment was sent from a post office in Rotterdam, and when it subsequently arrived at its intended destination in Groningen.

Bon Voyage

I mailed both the chicken and the egg at 9:40 a.m., on a Monday morning, from the Rotterdam . The staff there told methat this was the first chicken anyone had mailed in recent memory, and perhaps ever. Nonetheless, the postal employees handled both the chicken and the egg deftly, with dispatch, and with courtesy.

The intended destination for both packages was the Post Office in Groningen, which is located in the far North of Holland.

Results

The Post Office in Groningen is open at 8 in the morning.

I inquired once per hour for both the chicken and the egg.

That day, Monday, neither the chicken nor the egg arrived.
The next day, Tuesday, neither the chicken nor the egg arrived.

The chicken arrived at 10:31 a.m. Wednesday. The staff at the post office told me that this was the first chicken anyone had mailed to the Post Office in recent memory, and perhaps ever.

The egg arrived that same day, at 9:37 p.m., eleven hours after the chicken.

Conclusion

It has now been empirically determined that the chicken came first, the egg second.

However, seeing the history of previous questions that were taken up first by philosophers and only later by scientists, I am loath to predict that these results — clear as they are — will settle the question to everyone’s satisfaction.

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

Well, the chicken had to come out of an egg.

But did that egg necessarily have to come from a chicken?

It turns out that the species (kinds) of animals that are alive today were not always around. Long ago, there were different kinds of animals.

Over time, later generations of animals are a little different than the generations that were before them - after all, you are different from your parents. So, long ago, there were different animals on earth, whose children's children's children's... children are today's chickens.

The animal that laid the egg that the first chicken came out of was not a chicken! So, the egg came first.

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Hmm.. after some working I discovered this topic here. Sorry, it's too far offtopic to be on an Indonesia website.

Basics of evolution can better be discussed in school or in a pub. This one gets a fresh and brand-new topic lock. Emoticon: Shiny

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

open new topic | reply to this topic | newest topics | active topics | login

78,745,379 topic views - 236,098 posts - 13,703 topics - 27,371 members - last post @ 18-01-2020 19:05 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

128,435,681 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com