indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line  

If you laid Indonesia map on the map of America or Europe same scale. How big is it? I asked this question many times while traveling in Indonesia. If we laid it on Canada, I would say north Sumatra would be on the Yukon and Irian Jaya would be off the coast of the Maritimes.There are many people out there with a lot more education than me,I am sure can give us a better answer.

I am sorry I talk so much. Emoticon: Bye bye

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

I don't know about the surface, but the width of Indonesia ( from the tip of Banda Aceh to Jayapura ) is about 5500 kilometers, and the height is about 2500 kilometers.

More information:
forum.indahnesia.com/Indonesia(...)esia.php?code=INDINF

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

A picture can tell sometimes more then a thousand words, so just surf to http://www.auroratravel.nl/ind.html and the bottom of the page you see a picture.
They put entire Indonesia on Europe.
They start at the west cost of Ierland unti lthe Caspian sea.

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

Erlin
User
User icon of Erlin
spacer line

Indonesia is very big compare with tiny Netherlands where I live now Emoticon: Smile

betty
User
spacer line

ont be tricked by flat maps as flat maps are totally wrong. North and south is stretched out on a flat map. The longitudal lines should meet on a globe (correct map). On a flat map the logitudal lines are parrallel. Where 2 lines meet the distance is zero, so in the north and south pole the logitudal lineshave a distance o zero. In Canada the distance is smaller in reallity. On a globe you see the distance between logitudal lines to be small in the north compared to in the equator.

Confy
User
User icon of Confy
spacer line

How far is it flying to indonesia, i always thought about 10~12000 km but i guess that s different too, due to those lontitudes n stuff Emoticon: Wink

shuisheng
User
spacer line

Indonesia is from Iryan to Aceh from east fo west .
18100 islands more than 500 dialek / cultures

budowono1
User
spacer line

Indonesia is from Sabang to marauke

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

Indonesia is as big as my computer... Emoticon: Shiny

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Indonesia fits in my screen too, but I prefer the real Indonesia Emoticon: Yeah right!

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

Jeroen I am real Indonesia...

I love you too...... Emoticon: Shiny

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

juffy
User
spacer line

According to Hammond's atlas Indonesia has an area of 735,264 US square miles. This seems tremendous, but it still fits in my heart.

bangwin
User
User icon of bangwin
spacer line

hehehe...I know you love Indonesia very much Juffy...but you don't have to post this 4 times.....

= edit: fixed by the mod =

kalabahi
User
spacer line

3 time zones .....that says big enough i guess???? Emoticon: Yeah right! Emoticon: Yeah right! Emoticon: Yeah right!

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 06-04-2004 21:07 Desi Clark wrote:
Jeroen I am real Indonesia...

I love you too...... Emoticon: Shiny

Aah.. real Indonesia huh Emoticon: Wink

Blog Bot
spacer line

On 07-04-2004 07:41 Jeroen wrote:
[...]

Aah.. real Indonesia huh Emoticon: Wink

Do you want to find real Indonesian? very hard... wheher you ike or not,
there are not many "REAL" ones physically,, as they intermarrieages every where for long period.. they have bloodlines from : Arabic, Indians, Chinese, Dutch, Portuguese, Melanesians, Polynesians, Malays, even Jews, Germans, REAL INDONESIAN ONLY EXIST IN EVERYONE's HEART.........
Emoticon: Bye bye

I tell a lot of stories I have heard elsewhere

Blog Bot
spacer line

On 15-04-2004 01:26 bagusdewe wrote:
[...]

Do you want to find real Indonesian? very hard... whether you ike or not,
there are not many "REAL" ones physically,, as they intermarrieages every where for long period.. they have bloodlines from : Arabic, Indians, Chinese, Dutch, Portuguese, Melanesians, Polynesians, Malays, even Jews, Germans, REAL INDONESIAN ONLY EXIST IN EVERYONEs HEART.........
Emoticon: Bye bye

I tell a lot of stories I have heard elsewhere

i_am_for_u
User
spacer line

the real indonesian is the one who is in bali, long b4 islam came there, hindu culture prevailed there, hindu scriptures say(of course) these islands were ruled by, Lakshmana(brother of rama) n company Emoticon: Devil

gaul_abes
User
User icon of gaul_abes
spacer line

what's the meaning of "REAL" ? and is it important ?!

DIM-C is a free, fun and relaxing club for indonesian mixed couples worldwide who are in search of friendships.

janss557
User
spacer line

Bagusdewe says:
"Do you want to find real Indonesian? very hard... wheher you ike or not, there are not many "REAL" ones physically,, as they intermarrieages every where for long period.. they have bloodlines from : Arabic, Indians, Chinese, Dutch, Portuguese, Melanesians, Polynesians, Malays, even Jews, Germans, REAL INDONESIAN ONLY EXIST IN EVERYONE's HEART........."

You're right there. Although born in the Netherlands, my wife's blood is Turkish, Armenian, Dutch, Chinese, Ambonese, Javanese, German and maybe some other countries of which the bloodlines cannot be tracked any more! Her parents were born in good old Betawi and Bandung.

kleinsmann
User
User icon of kleinsmann
spacer line

big enough

Just because you're paranoid don't mean there're not after you...

budowono1
User
spacer line

Saband to marauke is official grounds of RI

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

Be happy with it and... guard it well, Budowono1!

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

S'lm s.mua yth.,

I want to remark that INDOnesia on European scale is projectable from Ireland to the Oe(U)ral in Russia.
Compare the peoples of Europe with INDOnesia !!!

Greets .... Anis.

'Ahu kura ahia, mansia nia'

ameland
User
User icon of ameland
spacer line

The person (plbender) who came up with this topic did not realise he or she triggered a conversation that could easy be translated to what the "real" Indonesians talk about when sitting in the village tempat duduk watching the world go by. Really funny to read all this.

The size of this great country is roughly the stretch of Europe or the USA but take a trip on a bus from Palembang to Medan and you will experience a new dimension of distance

Belum kawin

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

74,316,849 topic views - 233,342 posts - 13,683 topics - 23,677 members - last post @ 20-08-2019 16:32 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

122,198,261 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com