indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Other talk > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

Guys,
I will be giving a presentation in front of the class. This time is not about Sukarno, but Indonesian Gestures...

Give me reasons please why do we have to be aware of another culture's gestures?

What are the common on Indonesian (Asian) and Netherlands (European) Gestures?

Do we expect other cultures to adopt our customs or are we willing to adopt theirs?

Warm regards,
Desi Clark

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

You don't need to be aware of other people's gestures if you have nothing to do with them, but don't forget: economics, tourism, migration and all this. Emoticon: Puh!

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

Desi,

I do not believe in a Hell.

Therefore I am not able to answer why you need to learn Gestures in Hell. Emoticon: Confused

Who knows somebody who just came from Hell and reading this Forum can give you the answer.

Albert Emoticon: Bye bye

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

This is something new..

Are there schools in hell? I just knew now...

if there are...please do advise so i can have some bookings for myself also soon so i would add another graduation degree from HELL university.

What else can we learn in hell except cultures...? Any courses like tap dance ,lap dance, break dance available ? how to apply for tht...

Rgds
Aliakbar

www Jakarta through the Eyes of an Expat

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

On 24-05-2004 08:18 Jeroen wrote:
You dont need to be aware of other peoples gestures if you have nothing to do with them, but dont forget: economics, tourism, migration and all this. Emoticon: Puh!

As our society has become more diverse, and communication among members of international cultures more frequent. As you travel around the world, this gesture may help you slip out of the prickliest of difficult situations.

For example, curling the index finger is used for beckoning animals in Indonesia, but not in America. Europeans raise the arm, palm facing down, and make a scratching motion with fingers for beckoning a waiter..or someone.

THUMBS UP also used for hitch-hiking in American. In Germany and Japan, the signal for "one:..

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

Albert & Ali...

I had been to Hell...there I met Hitler, Musolini, Daendles, Kusni Kasdut..well first I was okay,...all gentlemen there (except Kusni Kasdut) taught me their native language...

I picked up some words such as: Guten Tag (from Hitler), Buona Siera (Musolini), Groetjes (Daendles)...but then I got bored so I left before my graduation....

Who sent me to hell? The Government, and the reason is for social study. They were trying to prove if a woman could survive living with 4 men in hell....

Huek huek huek.,....

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

On 24-05-2004 18:48 Desi Clark wrote:[/BR]

I had been to Hell...there I met Hitler, Musolini, Daendles, Kusni Kasdut..well first I was okay,...all gentlemen there (except Kusni Kasdut) taught me their native language...

I picked up some words such as: Guten Tag (from Hitler), Buona Siera (Musolini), Groetjes (Daendles)...but then I got bored so I left before my graduation....

It is Daendels. He was from Hattem (and a maarschalk) so he would never say "groetjes"! And why is he in hell? He did an awfully good job with his "grote Postweg". We can still enjoy it -partly- today!
It is Mussolini. He would never say "Buona Siera". You remember the lyrics?
Buona sera signorina buona sera
It is time to say goodnight to Napoli
Though it's hard for us to whisper buona sera
With that old moon above the Mediterranean sea
In the morning signorina we'll go walking
Where the mountains help the moon come in to sight
And by the little jewelry shop we'll stop and linger
In the meantime let me tell you that I love you
Buona sera signorina kiss me goodnight
Buona sera signorina kiss me goodnight
Finally our good old Adolph was originally from Austria. He would never say "Gutentag" but more someting like "Gruss Gott" and "Servuss", although he prefered "heil hitler" , but I don't know if he said that himself. I guess he didn't say anything.

kleinsmann
User
User icon of kleinsmann
spacer line

If you stay in hell bit longer (YOUR man) George W will say Hi Desi,wazzup??! You'll look together to the lworld and you'l say:"damn George, I thought you had good intentions" And George will say: "Yeah we were both so naive, my advisors made plans for me, I can't think myself but I see what a mess it is now."
And together you'll feel so stupid and you'll think: Martijn was right!

whaahhahaaahah 'Sorry I'm bit in a funny very good mood!! Emoticon: Nice Emoticon: Nice Emoticon: Nice

Just because you're paranoid don't mean there're not after you...

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

See no wonder all those men were in hell.. they tend to mislead people! Hitler and the gangs taught me wrong...

As far as Mr. President George W. Bush. The Immigration officer in hell refused his admittancel...due to the fact, that he did not have a sponsor letter, and called the officer Bastard!
Good news, I met with Mr. President yesterday, and we both agreed to send Mr. Kleinsmann to hell instead, but since Mr. Kleinsmann had no history in political issue nor as a leader...therefore....he will not be with Hitler and the Gangs, but will be sent to 2nd class in hell... in blue room.

No Parole!

WHOAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAA... no hard feeling my friend!!!

kleinsmann
User
User icon of kleinsmann
spacer line

I'm glad you and george don't have the power to sent anyone to hell hehehe
Took quite long before you answered, expected a more intelligent answer on my posting Emoticon: Smile Emoticon: Smile Go on with practice, maybe one day you are a star.... Above all I was talking in the future that's why I said you'll see someday I was right...
Emoticon: Bye bye Emoticon: Bye bye Emoticon: Bye bye

Just because you're paranoid don't mean there're not after you...

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

Good for you...someday in future you will enter Indonesia also without having fights of fists , and because of the inside channels you may have......

Which is more wonderful hell or Indonesia ? atleast in hell you dont need a visa ..right.....

Rgds
Ali

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

Good for you...someday in future you will enter Indonesia also without having fights of fists , and because of the inside channels you may have......

Which is more wonderful hell or Indonesia ? atleast in hell you dont need a visa ..right.....

Rgds
Ali

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

How did i get a twin brother here without submitting the post twice? .....Is he from heaven or hell ...or may be HELLBOY !!!new movie hahahaahahhahaha

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

70,584,192 topic views - 231,690 posts - 13,666 topics - 21,346 members - last post @ 21-04-2019 22:45 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

116,929,217 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com