indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (3 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

rfletcher
User
spacer line

My daughter (age 15 - 9th grade) is writing a history paper and as part of that has to consider the following questions from an Indonesian teenager’s perspective.
1. What are your most important needs and major goals in life?
2. What are your most important religious beliefs and/or values? Is your culture more centered around the individual or the family and the group?
3. Are you satisfied with the current way the world’s wealth is divided and with your present standard of living?
4. What is your view about the proper role of women in society & of family planning?
5. What is the greatest internal threat to Indahnesia? The greatest external one?
6. What should be done about WMD and the International threat of terrorism?
7. What is your view of globalization; Is Western pop music and culture a threat?
Your perspective would be greatly appreciated

bagusdewe
User
spacer line

>Hello rfletcher
>It depends!

>You didn't mention about your daughter's school informations:ie: where is her school?( Europe- Nederland, Asian Countries-Singapore?-Hong Kong? Japan?- Indonesia?=..........., USA, Australia?)
What systemic is her school's belongs to(Catholic, Anglican-Public/SMU/Madrasah&Pondok Pesantren?)
>who is her target audience? (Government's Education Department? Local newspapers?, her own School's History Subject studies? or for the NET?)
>I am afraid you left out that vital informations: as this is a global "neighbourhood" era, she could be in South Africa, you could be in Tokyo
>It will be very hard if your daughter attends Madrasah-Islamiyah as she is not allowed too liberal in critisizing her own religious order.
>Is your daughter attending one of these Schools?
>On the other hand, she'll be in big big....trouble.... if she is in Anglican Church's School in London & Australia, or if she attends one of Junior High in Texas..............and she starts critisizing how wrong her Government is & this and that!
>But if she thinks she is an open minded girl/person (as a father, you should know about her personalities), I think you should follow one of this forum member/contributor under the name of "Desi Clark"....
>She is very open in her opinions.......she has a brilliant ideas!....
>Where are you DESI?
>She was writing for her speech about "SUKARNO"
>Ask her
>Good luck
>Best regards,

>Bagusdewe (doesn't know much, but... happy to chat..)

Emoticon: Bye bye

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

On 23-05-2004 23:43 rfletcher wrote:
My daughter (age 15 - 9th grade) is writing a history paper and as part of that has to consider the following questions from an Indonesian teenager’s perspective.

1. What are your most important needs and major goals in life?
-The most important need is knowing your purpose in life. Knowing your purpose gives meaning to your life, when life has meaning, you can bear almost anything; without it, nothing is bearable.
-Knowing your purpose simplifies your life, It defines what you do and what you don’t do. Your purpose becomes the standard you use to evaluate which activities are essential and which aren’t.
-Knowing your purpose focuses your life. It concentrates your effort and energy on what’s important. You become effective by being selective.
-Knowing your purpose motivates your life. Purpose always produces passion. Nothing energizes like a clear purpose.

Goal in life is Success through Positive Mental Attitude (PMA)

2. What are your most important religious beliefs and/or values?

Religion is a system of beliefs and practices (rituals), based on some sacred or supernatural realm that guides human behavior, gives meaning to life, and unites believers into a single moral community. This system of beliefs seeks to bridge the gap between the known and the unknown, the seen and the unseen, and the sacred (“holy, set apart, or forbidden”) and the secular (things of this world). Most religions provide comfort to person facing emotional traumas such as illness, suffering, grief, and death. Religion seeks to answer important questions such as why we exist, why people suffer and die, and what happens when we die. Science and medicine typically reply on existing scientific evidence to respond to questions of suffering, death, and injustice, whereas religion seeks to explain such phenomena by referring to the sacred.

Is your culture more centered around the individual or the family and the group?

Culture is the knowledge, language, values and customs passed from one generation to the next in a human group or society. In sociological terms, culture does not refer to the fine arts and refined intellectual taste. It consists of all objects and ideas within a society, including ice cream cones, rock music, and slang words. Culture and society are in harmony with each other, but for different reasons. We rely on culture because we are not born with the information we need to survive. We do not know how to take care of ourselves, how to behave, how to dress, what to each, which gods to worship, or how to make or spend money. We must learn about culture through interaction, observation, and imitation in order to participate as members of the group.

3. Are you satisfied with the current way the world’s wealth is divided and with your present standard of living?

- hmmm… On a global basis, measuring wealth and poverty is a difficult task because of conceptual problems and problems in acquiring comparable data from various nations. According to relative deprivation theory, people who are satisfied with their present condition are less likely to seek social change. Social movements arise as a response to people’s perception that they have been deprived of their fair share, Thus, people who suffer relative deprivation are more likely to feel that change is necessary and to join a social movement in order to bring about that change.

4. What is your view about the proper role of women in society & of family planning?

Functionalist theory views men and women as having distinct roles that are important for the survival of the family and society. The most basic division of labor is biological: Men are physically stronger, and women are the only ones able to bear and nurse children. Women’s roles as nurturers and caregivers are even more pronounced in contemporary industrialized societies. While the husband performs the instrumental tasks of providing economic support and making decisions, the wife assumes the expressive tasks of providing affection and emotional support for the family. This division of family labor ensures that important societal tasks will be fulfilled; it also provides stability for family members.

5. What is the greatest internal threat to Indahnesia? The greatest external one?

The greatest internal threat? When Yerun doesn’t pay the bills, Regulars quit writing, Ali gets sick, and/or Budowono aka Shengsui starts writing poem or song.. hahahaha
External – visitors abuse the forum!

6. What should be done about WMD and the International threat of terrorism?

All nations should fight against WMD and terrorism!

7. What is your view of globalization; Is Western pop music and culture a threat?

Critics argue that the world is not developing a global culture; rather, other cultures are becoming westernized. Political and religious leaders in some nations oppose this process, which they view as cultural imperialism (the extensive infusion of one nation’s culture into other nations). Culture serves a significant function in society in that it may be the “glue” that holds society together.

Your perspective would be greatly appreciated

Whewh!!!

Desi Clark

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

bagusdewe
User
spacer line

>Bravo Desi! Bravo!
>I think you forgot something Desi!
>We all have to listen to Javanese Gamelan!!!!!!, or Jaipong /Ketuk Tilu, or Gambang Kromong!
>that'll fix the problem! (But I don't think Suisheng will agree with my idea...)

>Bagusdewe......
Emoticon: Yes! Emoticon: Yes! Emoticon: Yes! Emoticon: Yes! Emoticon: Yes!

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

Dear Bagusdewe,

Let me guess...you are Javanese....! My mom knows how to play gamelan instruments, she used to dance "tari diatas kendi" too when she was I guess 16 or 18 years old.. (not sure what they called the dance)...anyway...

I hope my perspective would help the 15th years old student... I did my homework!

Desi Clark.

rfletcher
User
spacer line

Desi,

You have been very helpful, thank you so much.

Ron

Habib
User
spacer line

Hi it is ME Habib Emoticon: Bye bye

bagusdewe
User
spacer line

>Nobody here!!
>No !! there is no one around?
>Yes!! I cannot see anybody....
>Where is everybody!
>I'll count it OK?
>One ..two.. three.. four..five....s.. s e n.. ten!!!!
>HURRAAAAy!
>Nobody HERE!....???????????
>I guess you are correct Habib!

Welcome from Bagusdewe

HELLO!!! EVERYBODY .....New friend is here! Emoticon: Bye bye Emoticon: Bye bye Emoticon: Bye bye Emoticon: Bye bye Emoticon: Bye bye Emoticon: Bye bye

bagusdewe
User
spacer line

On 24-05-2004 21:59 Desi Clark wrote:
Dear Bagusdewe,

Let me guess...you are Javanese....! My mom knows how to play gamelan instruments, she used to dance "tari diatas kendi" too when she was I guess 16 or 18 years old.. (not sure what they called the dance)...anyway...

I hope my perspective would help the 15th years old student... I did my homework!

Desi Clark.

>Geeez..... you are very smart creature Desi....!
>1st you guess is correct. But somewhere along the line my great great grandparents/one of them was from somewhere in the Nederland.That's what my distance relatives have been telling us/the truth is anybody's guess. My late father didn't want us to know about our past..
>He kept underlining the importance of moving ahead/ looking towards the future, not squabling about the past...
>But I don't want to tell my "Keluarga Besar" story to everybody on the net......like what Shuisheng did!...
>But everytime we (keluarga besar)get together for parties etc... my father's line looked different in physical features from the most average Indonesians.... we are taller, lighter brown eyes, dimple in our cheeks (high cheekbones).... well....
>So that's why I am called Bagusdewe!
>2nd topic: your MOM's dance is called "TARI BONDAN"
>3rd topic: WELL DONE Desi!....(if I was to do the marking for that essay, that was an " A+++" mark or #3As or "AAA" (Just sounds like Eveready Battery doesn't it?-"AAA"? HA HA HA!)
>BUT!... (May I?) >Your 4th Paragraph: I'm not sure if I can agre with you 100%
>I think we should keep it that way...We agree to disagree? (but since that is the opinion of an Indonesian girl,) (majority?) or well....ummmm...... 15 year olds...... still staying with momsy and listens to "PAK GURU/IBU GURU..... I guess I have to give you the benefit of the doubt....
>I'm sleepy.....
>Good night
>Bagusdewe (this time I promise to swith off my computer!) Emoticon: Bye bye Emoticon: Bye bye Emoticon: Bye bye Emoticon: Bye bye Emoticon: Bye bye Emoticon: Bye bye Emoticon: Bye bye Emoticon: Bye bye Emoticon: Bye bye

bagusdewe
User
spacer line

>Desi
>I heard this news about your dad only in 26th/May
>What is his progress?
>Any improvement?
>My fervent prayers for his health.
>Do you believe in Alternative Medicine?
>We are talking about a topic in Indonesia, involving an Indonesian..?.. very unusual things can happen in Indonesia.... if you believe..
>Don't go to "DUKUN"
>But try to reduce his suffering by going to local "ACUPRESSURE" Medicine Expert
>I was taken to one of these people in Jakarta by my brother.....
>I never met him before....
>this man...said to me after he touched/put his hand on my stomach..."YOUR LIVER SIR!....It is SWOLLEN"
>I was negligent/didn't take much notice of him...
>and what happened to me?...
>I had to stay in Hospital & fixed my liver....(SEPTISEMIA)
>I am ok now

>That was my story

SINCERE REGARDS TO YOUR FAMILY
>Bagusdewe

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

Dear Bagusdewe,

I was thinking about giving a presentation about alternative medicine (Acupuncture) ....what a coincidence!

Well the problem, my dad (and my mom too) doesnt believe in a doctor... you know how old people are...they believe in alternative..

How serious is indo Government handling a case for wrong diagnosis or prescription that causes death? How often does this case happen in Indonesia? Who investigate the case? What happens to the victim's family? Do they get compensation?

I dont believe in Dukun.. and I don;t want to know about Dukun, I am afraid i will get hooked once I know Dukun.. hehehe

Bagusdewe...how many dimples do you have?

bagusdewe
User
spacer line

>All my dimples are there, but dissapearing as I'm putting on weight

>The one who touched my rib was an employed by The "Departemen Pendidikan"
>He arrives home from work about 2pm Jkt time, we(the patients, queue up in long benches in front of his home....waiting for him eagerly)
>He is a Catholic by the way...
He lives in the Tanah Tinggi -Jakt.
>he is not a mambo jambooooo
>he just pokes his sharp fingers on to your meridians & nerv systems
>Very painfull!
>But Ok

>Bagusdewe

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

86,765,161 topic views - 240,493 posts - 13,734 topics - 34,011 members - last post @ 25-11-2020 16:35 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

141,437,973 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com