indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

bregjeven
User
spacer line

Hello,

In July we will visit Indonesia for about 3 weeks. After that my friends will return home. I would like to stay there for about 4 more weeks.
Does anyone know if it is possible to work (for free) in a school or anything like that (I am a teacher in Holland).

Thank you,
Bregje

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

On 23-05-2004 10:06 bregjeven wrote:
Hello,

In July we will visit Indonesia for about 3 weeks. After that my friends will return home. I would like to stay there for about 4 more weeks.

Does anyone know if it is possible to work (for free) in a school or anything like that (I am a teacher in Holland).

Thank you,

Bregje

Bregje,
I would recommend to use the word "volunteer" instead of "work" (for free)

First we need to know, what do you teach? Do you have a valid visa to stay after 3 weeks? (My understanding, tourist visa is given only for 30 days)
What "volunteer" area are you interested in? Do you speak Bahasa? What date is available for you to volunteer? Why do you want to volunteer? Do you need a sponsor to extend your visit? Etc Etc..

Groetjes,
Desi Clark

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

kleinsmann
User
User icon of kleinsmann
spacer line

Whhahaa Bregje just asks one question and got 7 back. Good morning Desi! Whahahhaa
My advise for Bregje: I think it's a bit too short time to arrange this but maybe you can contact an organisation in your country who supports education in Indonesia.
Also I think juli is not so good periode for it: Holiday season!

Good luck anyway, your thought is very nobel and I hope you find something.... Emoticon: Bye bye Emoticon: Bye bye Emoticon: Nice Emoticon: Nice

Just because you're paranoid don't mean there're not after you...

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

Actually I have 20 more questions to go..but I thought I gave him 7 as a start!!

Good morning to you too Martjin!

B, are you coming after the Presidential's Election (July 5)?

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

kleinsmann
User
User icon of kleinsmann
spacer line

Dessy my name is MartIJn whahahahhaa

Just because you're paranoid don't mean there're not after you...

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Officially it's not allowed to work or volunteer (still work according to the Indonesian government) on a tourist visa. Penalties are high on illegal working, just enjoy your holiday there and 'help the people out' where and when you can. Emoticon: Wink

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

70,665,787 topic views - 231,720 posts - 13,666 topics - 21,375 members - last post @ 23-04-2019 22:52 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

117,010,802 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com