indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > A visum to Indonesia.... > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Roy
User
User icon of Roy
spacer line

My indonesian wife wants to visit her sister in the USA and we live in The Netherlands. Where does she has to go to get a visa. She still has the indonesian nationality. I hope this is the right forum? Who can help us?

JohanN
User
User icon of JohanN
spacer line

Roy, I presume you have to contact the US embassy in Den Haag.
http://www.usemb.nl/ and then http://www.usemb.nl/tourist.htm
Good luck, Johan

Begin de details te vergeten

Roy
User
User icon of Roy
spacer line

I called the US embassy in The Hague already, but they do not give information about visa.

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

Roy

Did you study both web-sites JohanN gave to you?
Did you check out this page; http://www.usemb.nl/cnvfnewr.htm ?

I quote;
"For visa Information and interview appointments, please call 020-794 0808"

And

"All non-immigrant visa applicants must appear in person at the Consulate General in Amsterdam to apply, except people under 14 and over 79. "

Goodluck.

Albert

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

Indeed! Albert is right. Further the following message is given:
For visa Information and interview appointments,
please call 020-794 0808
(15 Euro/call ; payable by Visa or Mastercard only ; Monday-Friday 8-5)
Museumplein 19, 1071 DJ Amsterdam
Since 9/11 the visa regulations of the US are even more burocratic then those of the Republik Indonesia.
If you wife has - and I guess so- A Dutch "verblijfsvergunning" the regulations could be maybe a bit more leanient then only on basis of a Indonesian passport.

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

Hi there,

Have you found the info on visa to visit the US yet? If not, let me know...perhaps I can help obtaining the procedures for you.

For sure, your wife will need a sponsor letter from her friend or sister who resides in the US. And sometimes, it is required to provide a copy of the bank statement to show financial stability.

Desi Clark

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

Roy,
Here's the info:

How to apply for a Visa

Museumplein 19, 1071 DJ Amsterdam
For visa Information and interview appointments,
please call 020-794 0808
(15 Euro/call ; payable by Visa or Mastercard only ; Monday-Friday 8-5)

REQUIREMENTS:

The application fee is the equivalent of 100 US dollar. Because of fluctuations in the value of the dollar, the amount in euro changes periodically. You can check the current euro exchange rate for the exact fee.

This fee must be paid in advance into the Consulate's ABN Amro bank account, number 51.54.83.184, giving your full name and passport number. You cannot pay cash at the Consulate. Original proof of payment must be submitted at the Consulate together with each application.

(*A or G visa applications do not require this fee.)

WHAT DOCUMENTS DO YOU NEED?

Fully completed application forms DS-156, DS-157 and DS-158, for each applicant. Children under the age of 16 only need to complete form DS-156.
Forms not fully, accurately, or legibly completed will NOT be accepted.
A valid passport with at least two blank pages;

A recent, good quality passport-photograph (size 50 mm x 50 mm with white background), with a full, forward-facing view of each applicant, regardless of age. No dark glasses or head covering. The regular Dutch passport photo size is NOT acceptable. See also: Photo Specifications and List of photographers.

Evidence substantiating the purpose of your trip and your intention to depart from the United States after a temporary visit. Examples of such evidence are:
a Pleasure: documents outlining your plans while in the U.S.: reasons why you would depart the U.S. after a short stay, such as detailed evidence of employment (noting position, when you were hired and salary) or schooling (noting current level and expected completion date), family ties (marriage certificate, county registration papers), employment (salary statements, work contract), property (deeds, ownership docs.), or similar binding obligations in your home country;

You have to apply for your visa in person at the Consulate in Amsterdam

All applicants, except those noted below** must make an appointment by calling 020-794 0808.

To make an appointment at the US Consulate General in Amsterdam, applicants may call up to fifteen working days (three weeks) in advance for an appointment.

"Walk-in" applications are not accepted. For more details concerning the new appointment system, please read the Appointment System FAQ

Dutch citizens or residents of the Netherlands must provide a self-addressed, stamped and registered envelope (€ 5.75) for return of their passport and visa by mail within the Netherlands. Such passports will be mailed to applicants within a few days of the day they applied.
Processing of visas for non-residents of the Netherlands takes seven calendar days. Non-residents whose visa applications are approved must pick up their visas seven days after the date of application.

**The Consulate is open to applicants for F, J, and M visas on Mondays and Wednesdays between 2:00 and 3:00 p.m. No appointment is necessary, but applicants MUST bring a scannable DS-156 and other required documents.(I-20 and DS 2019)

Applicants must provide, with the application, a self-addressed, stamped and registered envelope (€ 5,75) for return of their passport and visa by mail within the Netherlands. (Students and exchange visitors who are not Dutch citizens must continue to make an appointment at 020-794 0808.

The new non-immigrant visa application procedures comply with heightened U.S. security requirements.

Hope this would help.

Good Luck!

Desi Clark

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

Its June 4 ..and Mr.Tyn must be in jakarta Airport today...Hope he doesnt call anybody bastard and play some fist fights....Otherwise he will be in newspapers tommorow..

Lets pray all is well and fine..!!

www Jakarta through the Eyes of an Expat

Roy
User
User icon of Roy
spacer line

Thanks a lot for your help, but the my question is: can we apply for a visa in The Netherlands or in Indonesia, because my wife has the Indonesian nationality. Can anybody help me with that? Before I call the US embassy in Amsterdam and have to pay euro 15,00.

jogry
User
spacer line

Our visa's cost us IRP 12000.00 to the visa burea in Bali and A$700.00 here in Darwin, this is for one year visa and kitas.
Jogry

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

In the posting of Desi (which is a copy of the text on the website of the consulate-general in Amsterdam) there is the following quote:
"Processing of visas for non-residents of the Netherlands takes seven calendar days. Non-residents whose visa applications are approved must pick up their visas seven days after the date of application". So your wife can anyway apply in Amsterdam for a visa. As said before; if she has a Dutch staying permit (by the way she should have one!) it could be the processing rules for Dutch residents apply.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 04-06-2004 07:42 aliakbar wrote:
Its June 4 ..and Mr.Tyn must be in jakarta Airport today...Hope he doesnt call anybody bastard and play some fist fights....Otherwise he will be in newspapers tommorow..

Lets pray all is well and fine..!!

No newspaper story here Emoticon: Puh! . I guess he behaved Emoticon: Wink

spacer line  

roy, dutch citizen do not have to apply visa to go to the usa. but your vrouw will need to apply visa from the usa embassy in daM. SEE THE REQUIREMENT IN THE POST THAT DESI HAS GIVEN YOU BEFORE. ---Pinta, acting as desio's secretary in Jakarta---

Slightly older, hopefully wiser, absolutely prettier

bagusdewe
User
spacer line

>I hope Pinta can keep an eye for TYN in Jakarta
>Please tell him to "SENYUM" .....Pinta...
>I feel sorry & worry for him....
>Hope everything is OK with him....

kleinsmann
User
User icon of kleinsmann
spacer line

Don't worry about TYN! He's very very ok!!!!
I was in Jakarta 1 day and now in Makassar with my wife. So god to be with her again! And her belly already quite big,so cute!
I passed thrue customs very easy since I had the right channel.No interview no nothing....I'm so happy finally I passed all the stupid visa shit! I'm here in peace now...Thx everybody for all support!

Just because you're paranoid don't mean there're not after you...

bagusdewe
User
spacer line

>TYN!
>Seriously,.... do you smoke?
>If you do, and if you find it very hard to not to smoke cigarette,
JUST KEEP AWAY FROM YOUR LOVELY WIFE WHEN YOU SMOKING!
>Have you heard of "PASSIVE SMOKING?"
>The BABY IN YOUR WIFE's BELLY IS SMOKING TOO !!!! (from your wife when she inhales your cigarette's smoke....)
>It is proven scientifically
>I'll find the Medical Journal re this topic...
>have a nice time in Makassar

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

62,468,896 topic views - 228,708 posts - 13,635 topics - 19,566 members - last post @ 17-10-2018 14:29 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2018
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

106,733,737 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com