indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line  

I am going to be in Indonesia for one month.

Which are the best Malaria pills to take (I've heard that malarone is the best, but they're too expensive).
I'd like the ones that have the fewest side-effects, reasonably cheap, and not too much hassle (i.e. no taking for a month afterwards)

Thanks,
Lee

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

Goldie yth.,

Some malaria pills are not 'fit' who are sensitive for it *(allergic for instance), ask your very own doctor, in advance, before you use it though ......
If it works it is o.k, if not, ask different ones; Larian or so.

Hope you have a lot of fun with your holidays !!!

SalamAT.

'Ahu kura ahia, mansia nia'

manon
User
User icon of manon
spacer line

you can visit the website page 'wereld reis community' for more perspectives / info about malaria... Emoticon: Talk to the hand Emoticon: Talk to the hand

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

Is your name Lee or Goldstein ..... anyway the fact that you do not get much response is, I guess that in the past already much is said on malaria in this forum.
You have got to ask our 'moderator' to 'open-up' old topics ..... or try search at the top with 'malaria' as a search subject.

forum.indahnesia.com/topic/180(...)lso_in_indonesia.php

Lot of succes !!!

'Ahu kura ahia, mansia nia'

Anne Mieke
User
User icon of Anne Mieke
spacer line

Hello Lee,

It depends very much on where you want to go in Indonesia since there is very different risk in the areas.

Furtheron the Indonesian mosquitos are quite restistent against the common drugs. the most effective drugs these days seem to be Malarone with lesser sideaffects but expensive (and problably not available in Indonesia) and Lariam with generally more sideeffects - for some people quite serious - and also far from cheap. Also dioxiclyne seems to be used for malariaprevention.

Malaria (prevention) is not such an easy thing and questions not so easy to answer. You best can search on the web, read some serious articles and travelersreports to come to a conclusion.

I don' t take malariatablets anymore since 1994 (I'm traveling to South East Asia for 20 years now) for a lot of reasons. Before then I also took malariatablets every year for a long time sometimes twice a year (up to 4 month a year.........)If you want some details about my decision you can pm me.

Anne Mieke

Need information about Flores? Take a look at the website "FLORES SURGA KITA" https://www.travel2flores.info/ (including many photo's) Avatar: Sarotari, Larantuka, the exact place the Palmerah bridge will be built. http://www.tidalbridge.com/

Westerling
User
spacer line

On 11-07-2006 11:05 goldstein_lee wrote:
I am going to be in Indonesia for one month.

Which are the best Malaria pills to take (Ive heard that malarone is the best, but theyre too expensive).
Id like the ones that have the fewest side-effects, reasonably cheap, and not too much hassle (i.e. no taking for a month afterwards)

Thanks,
Lee

It seems you're more concerned about your wallet than your health. A probably even cheaper option is to politely ask the musquito's not to bite you. Emoticon: Wink

Because your name sounds Jewish here a practical Jewish joke:

Mr. Goldstein goes to the doctor for a check up.

After extensive tests the doctor tells him "I'm afraid I have some bad news for you. You only have six months to live."

Mr. Goldstein is dumbstruck. After a while he replies

"That's terrible doctor. But I must admit to you that I can't afford to pay your bill."

"Ok" says the doctor, "I'll give you a year to live."

Shalom.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

79,672,034 topic views - 236,682 posts - 13,710 topics - 28,457 members - last post @ 21-02-2020 14:25 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

129,996,515 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com