indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jawa / Java > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

gulpener
User
User icon of gulpener
spacer line

Hi peeps, Emoticon: Smile

I am planning to visit Yogja & Borobudur temple during my visit to Bali this Sept. After the earthquuake incident I decided to postponed the trip intsead. However option is still open as I don not want to miss to see the spectacular Borobudur . I appreciate any advice or update from anyone about situation there ect.

Thanks yawl!

G

apa saja...

spacer line  

I had the same question. Planning to visit the temple in the same timeframe. After a phonecall to a travelagent, specialized in trips to Java, all my concerns were taken away. The Borobudur is open again. There is still some damage to be seen in the area, but you will not me confronted with a disaster-atmosphere. Don't hesitate and just go! The people can use the money a tourist will bring.

Emoticon: Bye bye

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Borobodur? Nothing different than before the quake. Prambanan is damaged and closed as far as I know now.

gulpener
User
User icon of gulpener
spacer line

Exactly.. to be confronted with the demanged would be heart pain.. Emoticon: Nooo
Looking thru some indonesiantravel agents webbies nothing mentioned about Prambanan's closure. or any latest info rgdng Borobudur which made me wonder seketika... Emoticon: Confused
My curiousity says GO! but my gut feeling says umm.. maybe not

apa saja...

klepo
User
spacer line

Dear Gulpener
I'm living in Yogya in the central of the city, most of south Yogya (around Bantul) building spoilt, the the Earth Quake effect of course can feel at North Yogya. So far I know the Yogya at North side, mostly the building condition still secure to use. Borobudur temple about 40 Km from Yogya (North Direction).
Don't worry, please come to Yogya, We'll invite you.
Emoticon: Bye bye Emoticon: Shiny

gulpener
User
User icon of gulpener
spacer line

Yo klepo , how nice of you to invite me to Yogja..
then I might recondiser Emoticon: Shiny

apa saja...

pPamela
User
spacer line

Spent one week in Yogjakarta and had a great time.
Please come the back packer area around Sosrowijayan was not damaged at all.
Great place to stay is Losmen Anda- lots of other travellers stay there, price is cheap and not so far from the train station.
Train travel in Java is so cheap and really really comfortable compared to the buses, though I do not mind the buses myself.
Have been travelling in Java since 24th june and having a great time.
Pamela.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

83,971,890 topic views - 239,941 posts - 13,724 topics - 32,550 members - last post @ 02-08-2020 19:42 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

136,954,356 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com