indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jakarta, the Big Durian > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Minke
User
spacer line

I'm leaving for Java next week, and when we arrive there, we would like to stay in one of the hostels on Jalan Jaksa, for one night, before moving on.
I read a lot of comments on the hostels there, thanks for that. I think we're going to stay in one of the ones in the lonely planet, like Bloemsteen, Margot or Tator.
My question is: Can we book one of these (or another, similar hostel) from Holland bij using email or something like that? I can find Phone numbers, but isn't there any other way? I would like to know where exactly i have to go after travelling for about 24 hours...
I hope you can help us!

kiwimave
User
User icon of kiwimave
spacer line

I dont think you can book them online, they are too cheap for that. Usually it's best to just go to the Jaksa Area and if one hotel is full you just walk 20 meters and try another one. Plenty of choice!

Be prepared for a lot of cheap food, internet cafes, hookers and drug sellers in that area. But it's a very safe place and value for money if you are on a backpack budget

Gracias. Sama sama

spacer line  

huh... jalan jaksa ??
Are you looking for hookers or hotels ??

blabla
User
spacer line

I actually just registered at this forum to ask the same question Emoticon: Smile .

spacer line  

the lonely planet is rather outdated for all accomodation in indonesia. Just look around yourself and check some rooms. Jalan jaksa is a safe place with little hassle. I stayed last week in memories cafe which is a nice place. rooms are somewhat dodgy, but people friendly and its a great nightspot as well. probably there are better rooms. bloemsteen I stayed last year and i found it dirty and not very nice. Margot is overpriced (because of the lp) prices on jaksa are abit higher then elsewhere in indonesia, but for 50.000 you should have a clean room with private mandi.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

63,987,413 topic views - 229,195 posts - 13,640 topics - 19,766 members - last post @ 20-11-2018 06:52 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2018
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

108,677,214 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com