indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jakarta, the Big Durian > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line  

Good evening,

I will go to Jakarta in december for about 4 months and an half to finish a master's degree in Information Technology. To do that, I will be a guest of University Indonesia of Jakarta during the session of winter 2007.
Thus, I schedule to profite of my time there to look for a work or a stage related to my field.
The thing is, I know that Indonesia is a country where the law allows companies to recruit foreigner only if they can't find the competences locally.
My citizenship is french so I hold an european passport and I make my studies in Canada so I hold a permanent resident visa for Canada.
I speak french as my birth language and english but u will easily understand that I don't speak indonesian. I began to learn this language with a book but I couldn't find any courses in Canada so when I will be in Jakarta, I can't pretend to speak indonesian even if I will take courses once I will be there.
The related fields of work that I'm looking for are project manager, IT consulting, knowledge management or analyst/developper.
The last thing is I already came to Jakarta last december for one month to visit
some friends there so the place isn't totally new for me.

The main reason why I make this post is because I would like to get an objective opinion on the posibilities for me to work in Jakarta as a foreigner.
I've already looked on this 2 websites :
www.jobsdb.com
www.expat.or.id

But to be honest, even if there are lot of work related to my field, it doesnt mean I can find one since I'm just a foreigner. Maybe someone has the same kind of experience and found a work in Jakarta as a foreigner or u could give me some tips/advices concerning the possibilities for a foreigner to find a work in these fields.

Im sorry for the long post and thank u for reading me.

Have a really good day,

Cordially.

spacer line  

dear Little marmot,

I'm dutch and work near and in Jakarta.

there is one thing very important for work and that is: contacts, friends.

Without contacts, friends, around here it is very hard to find a decent job.
I started my work in Jakarta through "friends" that had business here, so for me it went all very easy (I work as an engineer in the CD production business).and from the one the other came.

I read that you first will be a guest in a university.
I would suggest that you meet as many people as possible and find opportunities through them.

I think that job sites like you mention will not work.

Good luck..

Greetz

JohanN
User
User icon of JohanN
spacer line

You are looking for a job for 4 months? full time?

Begin de details te vergeten

spacer line  

Hi,

Thx for ur reply dutchguy.
JohanN, Im looking for a full time work or a full time stage to begin right after my studies what will be in june 2007. I will have a socio-cultural visa from december to may which allow me to stay in Jakarta to make some interviews and finish my thesis and I will have to come back to Canada in may to give my thesis. After that, well like everyone I have to find a work.

Regards.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

76,937,086 topic views - 234,974 posts - 13,697 topics - 25,709 members - last post @ 17-11-2019 06:57 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

125,784,868 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com